Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: SO FAR, SO GOOD  (Read 34636 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: SO FAR, SO GOOD
« Reply #300 on: January 08, 2009, 05:54:00 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Glad to hear that things are progressing well on your homefront.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #301 on: January 08, 2009, 05:54:51 PM »

DR vixmom - Just keep thinking and/or saying to yourself:

I think I can.
I think I can.
I think I can.
I think I can...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #302 on: January 08, 2009, 05:56:59 PM »

I am getting worried about Ron Pulliam. He should be back with a report. I hope he didn't have to be admitted to a hospital.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #303 on: January 08, 2009, 05:59:16 PM »

Alas, this may explain why so many people - DRs included - are getting sick and "staying" sick this flu season...

Flu Found Resistant to Main Antiviral Drug

:-\

The speed of this is scary.

When I was 19 I worked for a brilliant, strange but brilliant, allergist.  He instilled in me the dangers of using antibiotics unless absolutely necessary.  We had many patients who had developed severe allergies from antibiotic overuse.  When Tamiflu was touted as the "miracle" drug to rush & take if you got the flu I had my concerns it would be overused & did not plan to take it. 

And I am proof of that overuse.

:(

Jane

« Reply #304 on: January 08, 2009, 06:02:26 PM »

I am getting worried about Ron Pulliam. He should be back with a report. I hope he didn't have to be admitted to a hospital.

Gosh, I didn't think of that.  I figured the place he goes might be very unorganized & make him wait a long time.  You are right, this is way too long.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #305 on: January 08, 2009, 06:04:23 PM »

Congrats to DR Vixmom on her new plateau (11,000+ Posts!) and I love the picture that was posted yesterday! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #306 on: January 08, 2009, 06:05:49 PM »

I'm starting to catch up after yesterday's day of theater...

~~~Vibes of All Kinds for DR Danise!!~~~

~~~Vibes for DR Danise’s DF Thelma’s DH Bill!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #307 on: January 08, 2009, 06:06:09 PM »

Gosh, I didn't think of that.  I figured the place he goes might be very unorganized & make him wait a long time.  You are right, this is way too long.

...Or he could have already come home from his appointment, then popped a movie in... then fallen asleep...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #308 on: January 08, 2009, 06:06:31 PM »

~~~No More Flooding and Quick Basement Recovery Vibes for DRs Ann, Jed and Toby!!~~~

George

« Reply #309 on: January 08, 2009, 06:06:52 PM »

~~~Continued Wrist Healing Vibes For DR Cillaliz~~~

George

« Reply #310 on: January 08, 2009, 06:07:55 PM »

~~~Get and Feel Better Vibes for DR Ron!!~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #311 on: January 08, 2009, 06:10:21 PM »

...Of course, today's title of the notes fondly remind me of No Way To Treat A Lady.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #312 on: January 08, 2009, 06:11:57 PM »

...Or he could have already come home from his appointment, then popped a movie in... then fallen asleep...

;)

Sure could have.  A trip to the doctor & tests can be exhausting even if you aren't sick.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #313 on: January 08, 2009, 06:23:46 PM »

I performed my first duty as the executor of the estate, today.  I had to pick up the death certificates and the military flag.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #314 on: January 08, 2009, 06:24:10 PM »

And now for a semi-random comment...

It appears that having the MacWorld Conference and the Consumer Electronics Show back to back this week has "broken" Twitter and some other computer and social-networking sites.  ...All those iPhones, Blackberry's and other PDAs in one place, and all posting the latest news at the same time.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #315 on: January 08, 2009, 06:27:12 PM »

It appears that having the MacWorld Conference and the Consumer Electronics Show back to back this week has "broken" Twitter and some other computer and social-networking sites.  ...All those iPhones, Blackberry's and other PDAs in one place, and all posting the latest news at the same time.

I don't know why, but I find this incredibly funny!! ;)

Jane

« Reply #316 on: January 08, 2009, 06:30:09 PM »

I performed my first duty as the executor of the estate, today.  I had to pick up the death certificates and the military flag.

Not an easy task.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #317 on: January 08, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »

I also visited the columbarium where Stan's ashes have been placed, which is next to his late wife's niche.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #318 on: January 08, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »

I don't know why, but I find this incredibly funny!! ;)

Actually, it is.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #319 on: January 08, 2009, 06:32:07 PM »

bk - So... He needed a bigger truck?  Did you take pictures?
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #320 on: January 08, 2009, 06:32:15 PM »

I'm sorry, TCB. I know this is a difficult time.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #321 on: January 08, 2009, 06:32:46 PM »

I also visited the columbarium where Stan's ashes have been placed, which is next to his late wife's niche.

I had been Music Minister at a large Episcopalian church for years before I realized the little plaques in a stone wall were actually covers for columbarium sites.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #322 on: January 08, 2009, 06:43:45 PM »

DR TCB I don't recall you mentioning a memorial service for Stan.  Will there be one?  Will Mark take the flag?

Jane

« Reply #323 on: January 08, 2009, 06:44:18 PM »

DR JMK, are they inside the church?

Ginny

« Reply #324 on: January 08, 2009, 06:54:54 PM »

Oops, another episode of being logged in when I thought I was logged out.  Sorry...I was printing the handouts for a teleclass I'm attending tomorrow, then fixed dinner, then helped Richard clean up the kitchen, then visited with Rob and Mary Linda, then we all watched a Bones episode on DVD...well, my evening kind of got away from me...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #325 on: January 08, 2009, 06:55:25 PM »

{{{{{DR TCB}}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #326 on: January 08, 2009, 07:03:48 PM »

Ron Pulliam, we are waiting for a report.

George

« Reply #327 on: January 08, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »

~~~Hugs and Vibes of Comfort for DR TCB!!~~~

George

« Reply #328 on: January 08, 2009, 07:10:05 PM »

Another stay home day but I did connect into the office this morning and did some work.  Not as zonked out and sleepy as I had been yesterday, but some stomach distress has entered the picture, along with sneezing fits and watery eyes.  But the worst thing of all--daytime TV!

Did you watch "The Bonnie Hunt Show"?  I love her!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #329 on: January 08, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »

I thank you all for your concern, but please rest easily.

I was thoroughly tested, probed and examined.

The good news is that there is no pneumonia or any type of infection

The bad news is that the diagnosis is "A Severe Cold", primarily in my chest, complicated by excessive coughing and respiratory distress.  Because I do not have prolonged fever or body aches, I am told I must endure it and make myself as comfortable as possible.  Because the CDC has warned all health care agencies about overuse of antibiotics, drugs they might have prescribed for me a year ago that could have shortened the duration can no longer be prescribed.   If the X-Rays had raised any alarms, of course, the outcome would have been different.

I am relieved to know that I have not been remiss in my own self-medicating and that I did not wait too long to seek medical attention.

Because my chief complaint has been respiratory distress during/after my coughing bouts, followed by exhaustion and some sweating and breathlessness, the doctor told me he could offer me one of two cough medications.  One was with codeine, which I refused.  Codeine makes me nauseous.

The other is benzonatate, which the doctor said is a bit unorthodox for such colds but very effective against my chief complaint.  Benzonatate is a small clear capsule that looks like a bead.  Its function is to mask all the irritants that cause the frequent coughing bouts.  I take two capsules every eight hours.  Side effects are dry mouth, possibly dizziness, and other irritating things that have not happened to me since I took my first dose three hours ago.

The beauty part is that it works.  Not only does it decrease my need to cough, but it allows me to breathe deeply without coughing, something that wasn't happening.

I was so tired when I got home that I took my first dose and hit my bed for a nap.  I am now more refreshed than I've been since before the cold set in.

Thanks all for the concerns.  Tomorrow I will stay home and just rest and try to help this thing  play out. 
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up