Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: GIBBERISH  (Read 40899 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: GIBBERISH
« Reply #300 on: January 12, 2009, 04:30:11 PM »

I made the most yummilicious chicken stew, and now I have enough to feed an army. I hope I can fit it all into the fridge and the freezer.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #301 on: January 12, 2009, 04:31:40 PM »

Didn't Joan Crawford make that golden Globes joke at one point?

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #302 on: January 12, 2009, 04:34:13 PM »

...As a signs that BD is "taking over":

Wal-Mart is now packaging BD 2-fers (I got Cloverfield and Sleepy Hollow for under $30). ...

der Brucer

I did warn him about Cloverfield.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #303 on: January 12, 2009, 04:38:38 PM »

For Edisaurus:

See, we have Southern Gentlemen connections:

der Brucer

And. yes, he was very aware our relationship!
Danged if I don't look like a terrorist in that photo!

Oh, and that look on der B's face?  Newt had just goosed him.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2009, 05:04:26 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #304 on: January 12, 2009, 04:42:58 PM »

For those who watch, the Season 3 premiere of "KYLE XY" is on television tonight, at least in the U.S.

I'll be watching!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #305 on: January 12, 2009, 04:43:25 PM »

Trip to IKEA was great.  Got some of this and some of that, and more of this and not a lot of that.  DP got a work table for the kitchen so he can attempt to start his wedding cake business.  It's been a day.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #306 on: January 12, 2009, 04:50:08 PM »

The Vixter's best friend managed to break her ankle slipping on the ice in her driveway.  Now she is trying to navigate the high school hallways on crutches.
The trick is to get that "cute guy" to carry her books for her!

Backpacks can be a real bother in these circumstances.

Cillaliz

« Reply #307 on: January 12, 2009, 04:50:09 PM »

I have never been to an IKEA

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #308 on: January 12, 2009, 05:08:11 PM »

Back from my lunch meeting with the head of the LACC Theatre Academy.  I wish I could say it's a done deal for Nudie Musical to be done there, but it isn't.  He's had to approach it a different way from what we'd originally thought, mostly because of what's happening in community colleges right now.  He's still feeling positive, however, and therefore so will I.  I know he'd really like for it to happen for many reasons, including that the department would keep all box-office monies, which they desperately need.   He'll also be getting me some dates so I can book the next LACCTAA events - I have three in mind, plus a fourth, if I can pull it off.

And here is where we ate.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #309 on: January 12, 2009, 05:08:49 PM »

I had a cheeseburger and fries, just because I felt like it.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #310 on: January 12, 2009, 05:10:00 PM »

I wonder how scrambled eggs made with chocolate milk would taste.

Do you wonder enough to try it and let us know?

Um, no.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #311 on: January 12, 2009, 05:11:28 PM »

I have not yet read the posts on the Golden Globes. But my 2 favorite moments last night were:

1. Tina Fey's speech. So funny. I wish more speeches could be funny.

2. Kate Winslet the 2nd time. So gracious. So elegant. What a fantastic speaker even when nervous and flustered. Loved it.

Um, I have to disagree with #2, DR Jennifer.  I would have expected so much more eloquence from someone like Winslet.  And I really don't understand all the emotion involved.  For one thing, she is a critics' darling who should be used to heaps of praise she's received over the years of her career and for another--it's just the Golden Globe. 

I adore Kate Winslet and I don't begrudge her double win at all, but I think she's too much of a veteran to fall apart over the Golden Globes.
As opposed to Bette Midler, who held up her two awards for The Rose at chest level and said "How do you like these Golden Globes!"

Very as opposed.  Midler entertained me, Winslet bored me.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

« Reply #312 on: January 12, 2009, 05:28:45 PM »

For those who watch, the Season 3 premiere of "KYLE XY" is on television tonight, at least in the U.S.

Yes, DR George would never forgive us if we forgeot to remind him.

In addition to the broadcast at 9 PM tonight, it will be rebroadacst late Wed night/Thur morn at 12.

And if George is lucky, he now gets ABCFAM in HD (our Comcast carries it).

der Brucer

I DO get ABCFamily in HD! ;D And not only will I be watching it, the HD broadcast will be on at 6:00 pm (but I have to record it).
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2009, 05:50:08 PM »

MR BK did you ever audition or get a call for a production of THE OWL AND THE PUSSYCAT?
Owl and the Pussycat - I didn't appreciate that movie when I was  a child, but loved it when I caught up with it years later.

The night Keith told me he loved me was the night we saw THE OWL & THE PUSSYCAT with Bill Bixby.  I wish I had the ticket stub for that night.  That was in April, 1966. :)

A month before I was born. ;)

George

« Reply #314 on: January 12, 2009, 05:50:25 PM »

There is absolutely no correlation between those two events. :D

FJL

« Reply #315 on: January 12, 2009, 05:57:17 PM »

Here's Bette Midler's "pair of Golden Globes" moment with the attribution to Joan Crawford

[unfortunately, there's a very quick little car commercial you have to watch first, but it's worth it for what Midler starts to do with the trophy :) ]

http://www.nbc.com/golden-globes/video/clips/a-pair-of-golden-globes/878281/

Jennifer

« Reply #316 on: January 12, 2009, 06:01:44 PM »

I thought Kate Winslet's reaction was genuine.  It was nice to see someone so surprised and so happy.  I didn't find Tina Fey's speech to be funny. It seemed a bit pathetic to think she spends her time keeping track of bloggers or posters on the internet who don't like her. 

re: tina fey

Did people think she was naming off real internet posters?

To me it came across like she was just making up random names to be funny.

George

« Reply #317 on: January 12, 2009, 06:05:30 PM »

I guess it is dinner theater. I wonder if they serve unbuttoned toast?

That would be most appropriate during The Full Monty. ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #318 on: January 12, 2009, 06:08:04 PM »

Here's Bette Midler's "pair of Golden Globes" moment with the attribution to Joan Crawford

[unfortunately, there's a very quick little car commercial you have to watch first, but it's worth it for what Midler starts to do with the trophy :) ]

Cute :)

I didn't get the commercial, lucky me.

George

« Reply #319 on: January 12, 2009, 06:09:55 PM »

That was hysterical! 

And I didn't have to watch the commercial, either.

George

« Reply #320 on: January 12, 2009, 06:10:29 PM »

One of my best recent dream involved my former across the street neighbor Rod. However, I don't think this is the place to discuss it.

Sounds like a plot for one of Elmore's videotapes. ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #321 on: January 12, 2009, 06:11:56 PM »

Good Evening!

Christmas is put away.  Well, almost put away.  My dad went to a homeowners association meeting, and once he gets back, we'll place the various bins and boxes in the attic.

I was sort of surprised that my mom was not too "careful" putting away some of the ornaments.  She basically placed most of them in a single layer in a box, then covered them with a layer of paper towels, then placed the cover on the box.  I was actually prepared for a bit more wrapping-up of individual things, but I guess as long as the boxes don't get jostled around over the next 11 months, the decorations should be fine.

*And my parents already have their tree for next Christmas.  They bought a full-size, pre-lit artificial tree last week. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #322 on: January 12, 2009, 06:12:55 PM »

I thought Kate Winslet's reaction was genuine.  It was nice to see someone so surprised and so happy.  I didn't find Tina Fey's speech to be funny. It seemed a bit pathetic to think she spends her time keeping track of bloggers or posters on the internet who don't like her. 

re: tina fey

Did people think she was naming off real internet posters?

To me it came across like she was just making up random names to be funny.

The names were semi-random, and semi-made-up.  Just check the NBC discussion boards. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #323 on: January 12, 2009, 06:14:11 PM »

Hmm... In-N-Out Burger... Hmm...

*And, apparently, that's what Beyoncé wanted after last night's Golden Globe Awards.  -The things you learn while watching the fourth hour of "The Today Show". ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #324 on: January 12, 2009, 06:16:42 PM »

The Vixter's best friend managed to break her ankle slipping on the ice in her driveway.  Now she is trying to navigate the high school hallways on crutches.
The trick is to get that "cute guy" to carry her books for her!

Backpacks can be a real bother in these circumstances.

Actually, backpacks don't have to be carried on one's back. And I hardly see anyone actually "wearing" a backpack using both straps anymore, usually it's just a one-sided deal lately.

*And there's something romantic about a young man having his own backpack slung over one shoulder, and another one over his other shoulder.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #325 on: January 12, 2009, 06:18:48 PM »

I asked DR Druxy because Bryan always wanted us to go to a theater in Portland that had comfy seats & served pizza, beer & I don't know what else.  He never mentioned food was served during the movie.  I'm pretty sure he would have found that annoying.

There's a mini-chain in DC of "Cinema and Drafthouses" - where they show movies - usually second-run - and serve food and beer during the movie.  However, they have actual tables set up, and with the way the levels are set up, the waiters are hardly ever in your sightlines.

But what DR Druxy described... Hmm... I probably would have walked out too.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #326 on: January 12, 2009, 06:19:22 PM »

Oy, more work! Brent Barrett just called about his Las Vegas concert in March, and my publisher is engraving three of my scores so I'll be getting those to proof soon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #327 on: January 12, 2009, 06:20:12 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I hope you and your neighbors stay safe and warm tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #328 on: January 12, 2009, 06:21:16 PM »

Umm.. I don't know about that, but I do know how scrambled eggs made with eggnog tastes.  Unfortunately.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #329 on: January 12, 2009, 06:22:47 PM »

Umm.. I don't know about that, but I do know how scrambled eggs made with eggnog tastes.  Unfortunately.

Ew. :P
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up