Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THREE Z'S  (Read 24711 times)

Danise

Re: THE THREE Z'S
« Reply #330 on: January 23, 2009, 06:46:47 PM »

Hi Danise, how nice to see you.  I'm impressed with your moving abilities.  I hope everything stays safe.

Will you be out of the house for a month?  I thought it was going to be less time.
  Well, things changed a bit.  I didn't know the extent that they were going go into.  I was told I should be able to move back in after 3 weeks. 

I'm just not sure if the 3 weeks counts with this week because I basicly was holding them up on doing what they could do. 

I couldn't help it--like I said, I was only 1 person doing all that packing.  I didn't have anytime to do anything with a rhyme or reason.  It was just stuff garbage bags as full as I could and take them back to the sheds. 

I have no idea what is in which bag or which shed they are in.  Well, maybe a rough idea. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #331 on: January 23, 2009, 06:47:26 PM »

Great to see you, Danise! Give Thelma a big hug from us and thank her for us for taking care of you. We'll be glad to see your photos when the house is done!
  I will and I already have.  I don't know what I would do without her!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #332 on: January 23, 2009, 06:47:46 PM »

DR Cilla thanks for the movie report.  I'll try & avoid it.  Please let me know what you think of Bruges. We should be receiving it from NetFlix soon.

Cillaliz

« Reply #333 on: January 23, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »

Was that a Luhr's Building or Tower? One of those? Or around the corner?

Well, the administrative offices were in the Luhrs Building.  We were in the Luhrs Central Building...the 2 story that was attached to the parking ramp across the street from the ECB

DAW

« Reply #334 on: January 23, 2009, 06:48:35 PM »

***SUPER POSITIVE VIBES***
for DR Danise and her home!!!!

Laura

« Reply #335 on: January 23, 2009, 06:49:34 PM »

The Luhrs buildings are still there. Seems like they are about the only old buildings left downtown.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Danise

« Reply #336 on: January 23, 2009, 06:49:43 PM »

Hi, Danise!  I sent you a DVD of Obama's Inauguration Concert.  I hope you wanted it. :)

Thank you, Dr George.  I haven't had much of a chance to see anything.  I've very tired and Thelma's husband likes to go to bed around nine so I've been going as well--and not really haveing a hard time going to sleep.

I'm just sorry that I'm missing Lost and Battlestar Galatica.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #337 on: January 23, 2009, 06:49:58 PM »

Danise did you take the week off of work or do this after hours?

I hope Bill is doing well.  Make sure you rest now while the contractors do the work.

Danise

« Reply #338 on: January 23, 2009, 06:52:00 PM »

Can someone please tell me real quick how Dear Vixmom is doing? 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #339 on: January 23, 2009, 06:54:25 PM »

I'm hoping to see Slumdog Millionaire tomorrow.  Of all the movies currently out it is the one I want to see the most.

Last night we watched the original THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL.  It is difficult to image the remake is as good, I'm expecting greater special effects with less depth to the story.  Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

For tonight we have:

NORTH & SOUTH, disc 1
WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE, season 2, disc 3

BONES & BURN NOTICE

Danise

« Reply #340 on: January 23, 2009, 06:54:45 PM »

Danise did you take the week off of work or do this after hours?

I hope Bill is doing well.  Make sure you rest now while the contractors do the work.

He seems to be doing well.  I did take this week off.  There was no way I could have done it otherwise and Lord only knows how far back it would have pushed the complete date.  It doesn't take them very long tear a wall down.  I had 1 day to get everything out of the kitchen and was working on the living room and they were caught up with me in a half a day. 

It was a very rough week.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #341 on: January 23, 2009, 06:54:47 PM »

DR Cilla thanks for the movie report.  I'll try & avoid it.  Please let me know what you think of Bruges. We should be receiving it from NetFlix soon.

Well, both of Kate Winslett's movies, "Revolutionary Road" and "The Reader", are far from being "happy, feel good" movies.  I think "The Reader" is the more tragic of the two, but "Revolutionary Road" is more sobering.

*And as I mentioned before, the closing moments of "Revolutionary Road" do a wonderful job of summing up the main issue of the movie.
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #342 on: January 23, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »

***SUPER POSITIVE VIBES***
for DR Danise and her home!!!!

Thank you!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #343 on: January 23, 2009, 06:56:33 PM »

DR Danise - ~~~~~Keep Breathing~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #344 on: January 23, 2009, 06:56:35 PM »

DR Vixmom hasn't posted since the 18th.  She did warn us she wouldn't be around this week.  Before then she was getting about 3 cans of food to stay down & the new pain meds were helping.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #345 on: January 23, 2009, 06:57:13 PM »

DR Vixmom hasn't posted since the 18th.  She did warn us she wouldn't be around this week.  Before then she was getting about 3 cans of food to stay down & the new pain meds were helping.

And wasn't this supposed to be the last week of her treatment?
Make Your Own Luck.

BrettySpaghetti

• Insert hilarious quip here
    • The Blog Ate My Gun
« Reply #346 on: January 23, 2009, 06:58:26 PM »

Benjamin Button viral video v. funny.

Gran Torino is quite excellent.

Danise

« Reply #347 on: January 23, 2009, 06:58:32 PM »

Well, my prayers and many vibes are being sent her way. 

I hate to post and go but I need to go.  I don't want to bother Bill.

Good night all. 

Many hugs, love and vibes to you all!!!!! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #348 on: January 23, 2009, 06:59:35 PM »

Well, both of Kate Winslett's movies, "Revolutionary Road" and "The Reader", are far from being "happy, feel good" movies.  I think "The Reader" is the more tragic of the two, but "Revolutionary Road" is more sobering.

*And as I mentioned before, the closing moments of "Revolutionary Road" do a wonderful job of summing up the main issue of the movie.

I've read THE READER which helps when you are comparing them.  Night before last we watched "You Don't Mess with the Zohan"  Thinking about it makes me smile.  I think I should only watch happy movies from now on ;)

DAW

« Reply #349 on: January 23, 2009, 06:59:52 PM »

Yes - I believe her last [and therefore most difficult] chemo treatment.  Not sure about how long the radiation continues.  But she has been posting here and in very good spirits.   :)

Jane

« Reply #350 on: January 23, 2009, 07:00:28 PM »

I believe so.

Goodnight Danise-VIBES FOR SHEENA & YOUR HOUSE!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #351 on: January 23, 2009, 07:12:19 PM »

Greetings to all my friends and family here at HHW.  And wow, Bretty Spaghetti is alive and well!

Sorry I have been E & T.  We open in one week.  I am totally exhausted and have decided that my next theatrical event will be after I retire, or when I go Equity.

Tonight, is our last night off of rehearsal.  So, to celebrate, I am climbing into a warm bed (with my kitties) and my script.  If you have forgotten that I was doing a show check here.

http://www.tmp.org/mainstage.aspx#show3

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #352 on: January 23, 2009, 07:17:02 PM »

Good to see you, TCB. I remembered you were doing a show and asked about it a while back. Break a leg!
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #353 on: January 23, 2009, 07:17:16 PM »

I’ve been seeing the news of the boy who wants to give the Obama girls a black Labradoodle puppy.  Best Friends has now found two rescue Goldendoodles for them to choose from.
For the full article & cute photos Click Here

Jane

« Reply #354 on: January 23, 2009, 07:19:35 PM »

Sorry I have been E & T.  We open in one week.  I am totally exhausted and have decided that my next theatrical event will be after I retire, or when I go Equity.

Hmmm, I seem to recall your making a similar statement awhile back.;)

Have a wonderful show & thank you for the link.

Jane

« Reply #355 on: January 23, 2009, 07:26:03 PM »

'night

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #356 on: January 23, 2009, 07:26:40 PM »

Greetings to all my friends and family here at HHW.  And wow, Bretty Spaghetti is alive and well!

Tonight, is our last night off of rehearsal.  So, to celebrate, I am climbing into a warm bed (with my kitties) and my script.  If you have forgotten that I was doing a show check here.

DR TCB, what role are you playing?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #357 on: January 23, 2009, 07:34:06 PM »

Edisaurus, you certainly could be on a jury about cement, like I was. They rarely sentence people to death for that.

Not even a case involving cement overshoes?
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Cillaliz

« Reply #358 on: January 23, 2009, 07:34:32 PM »

I'm hoping to see Slumdog Millionaire tomorrow.  Of all the movies currently out it is the one I want to see the most.

I was planning to see Slumdog today but when I found out my friends wanted to come down from the lake to see it on Sunday I decided to wait and see other movies first

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #359 on: January 23, 2009, 07:48:32 PM »

DR TCB, what role are you playing?

Here's the cast list:

Glorious!

Florence Foster Jenkins : Sharry O'Hare
Cosme McMoon : Joshua Anderson
St Clair : Tom Birkeland
Dorothy : Kat Dollarhide
Maria : Maria Valenzuela
Mrs. Verrinder-Gedge : Jill Goodman

And Joshua Anderson who plays Cosme is the very same Josh Anderson who directed and music directed Reefer Madness! The Musical! that I was just in! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up