Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: THE THREE Z'S  (Read 24713 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE THREE Z'S
« Reply #300 on: January 23, 2009, 06:01:26 PM »

DR Jeanne, I will miss your Marvelous Matt stories when you move.

Jane

« Reply #301 on: January 23, 2009, 06:03:00 PM »

Hmmm...I wanted to say something smart assed about the Bush Twins' letter to the Obama Girls, but what they say is actually kind of sweet.

Sorry I can't provide a link.

Yes it was.

Jane

« Reply #302 on: January 23, 2009, 06:09:42 PM »

Yet another interesting link:  ;)

**POSSIBLE SPOILER: If you haven't seen "Benjamin Button" yet, you may not want to click on the link below.

The Curious Case of Forrest Gump

;)

This is funny, AND DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT BE WATCHED IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN BENJAMIN BUTTON

DAW

« Reply #303 on: January 23, 2009, 06:09:49 PM »

Oh, but I can!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #304 on: January 23, 2009, 06:10:45 PM »

Hmmm...I wanted to say something smart assed about the Bush Twins' letter to the Obama Girls, but what they say is actually kind of sweet.

Yes it was.

Well, here's a VIDEO of Barbara and Jenna reading the letter.
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #305 on: January 23, 2009, 06:12:03 PM »

Oh, but I can!!

Why isn't Link wearing Aretha's hat?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #306 on: January 23, 2009, 06:14:39 PM »

FYI:  I went to the post office today at lunch and mailed DVDs to TCB, Edi, Elmore and Danise!  I hope you enjoy them. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #307 on: January 23, 2009, 06:16:52 PM »

Yes it was.

The text of the letter was published in The Wall Street Journal, but I can't seem to find it on their website.  ???
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #308 on: January 23, 2009, 06:18:49 PM »

Phoenix Tropical Fish on 37th Street, near Tower Plaza. Cillaliz will know about where that is.

Yup! I once saw Billy Vera and the Beaters perform in the Tower Plaza parking lot

FJL

« Reply #309 on: January 23, 2009, 06:20:45 PM »

As the lead-in quotes, there will come a day when all god's children will sing with new meaning "My Country 'Tis of Thee"

Here once again, Aretha Franklin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhc6KVrhj4Q

Jane

« Reply #310 on: January 23, 2009, 06:23:45 PM »

Yes it was.

Thank you.  I had only seen some of the letter.

Laura

« Reply #311 on: January 23, 2009, 06:24:54 PM »

Tower Plaza is gone now; it is a strip mall with a Wal-Mart. Thomas Mall is gone too; it is a strip mall with a Target. Chris-Town is gone, too. It is a strip mall with a Wal-Mart and a Target.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Cillaliz

« Reply #312 on: January 23, 2009, 06:26:19 PM »

Didn't take long for the press to start turning.

Commentary: Obama breaks his own rule
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/23/campbell.brown.lobbyists/index.html

Cillaliz

« Reply #313 on: January 23, 2009, 06:27:45 PM »

Tower Plaza is gone now; it is a strip mall with a Wal-Mart. Thomas Mall is gone too; it is a strip mall with a Target. Chris-Town is gone, too. It is a strip mall with a Wal-Mart and a Target.

Last time I was in Phoenix, nothing looked the same. It was weird.  It was all strip malls....even some of the former strip malls had been replaces by new strip malls....

Laura

« Reply #314 on: January 23, 2009, 06:31:03 PM »

We love new stucco buildings out here. Who needs historical buildings when you can tear them down and replace them with stucco?

I'll have to go downtown and take some photos of the nifty new light rail that runs down Central Avenue.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Cillaliz

« Reply #315 on: January 23, 2009, 06:37:33 PM »

We love new stucco buildings out here. Who needs historical buildings when you can tear them down and replace them with stucco?

I'll have to go downtown and take some photos of the nifty new light rail that runs down Central Avenue.

That would be fun to see. I used to work at 132 South Central

Danise

« Reply #316 on: January 23, 2009, 06:38:27 PM »

Hi folks!

I'm at Thelma's so I can't use the computer for as long as I do at home but I wanted to pop by and let you know that I'm still around.

I had to empty the entire house by myself but I finished it today.  My sheds are full to the bursting. 

Sheena had to be put in the dog kennel for the month.   With as cold as it has been, I really had no choice in the matter.  I couldn't leave her in the cage. 

I'm still scared to death and can't wait for this all to be over.  I have no walls in my house now.  It's totaly bare.  I felt a little better when they got done in the kitchen and the bathroom and were able to say that they really were not in that bad of shape. 

There are only a few copper pipes that they may have to change out.  Other then that, everything seems to be going ok.  I just won't be good about it until I'm home. 

I'm already somewhat home sick. 

I hope everyone here is doing well.  I won't have time to read all of the posts and I'm sorry that I'm not up to date on what is going on.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #317 on: January 23, 2009, 06:40:22 PM »

I think I did pretty good getting 30 years worth of stuff out of that house in just 6 days.  I told the guys that this isn't 2 Men and a Truck (a local company)  this is 1 Woman and a Dog and the dog is management!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #318 on: January 23, 2009, 06:40:44 PM »

Didn't take long for the press to start turning.

Commentary: Obama breaks his own rule
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/23/campbell.brown.lobbyists/index.html

That is why he added a "waiver" loophole so he could break his own rule.  This sure was fast. ;D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #319 on: January 23, 2009, 06:40:55 PM »

Hi folks!

I'm at Thelma's so I can't use the computer for as long as I do at home but I wanted to pop by and let you know that I'm still around.

I had to empty the entire house by myself but I finished it today.  My sheds are full to the bursting. 

Sheena had to be put in the dog kennel for the month.   With as cold as it has been, I really had no choice in the matter.  I couldn't leave her in the cage. 

I'm still scared to death and can't wait for this all to be over.  I have no walls in my house now.  It's totaly bare.  I felt a little better when they got done in the kitchen and the bathroom and were able to say that they really were not in that bad of shape. 

There are only a few copper pipes that they may have to change out.  Other then that, everything seems to be going ok.  I just won't be good about it until I'm home. 

I hope everyone here is doing well.  I won't have time to read all of the posts and I'm sorry that I'm not up to date on what is going on.

Don't worry about us, DR Danise! Take care of what's yours for the moment and check in when you can so we know how you are.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #320 on: January 23, 2009, 06:40:57 PM »

Great to see you, Danise! Give Thelma a big hug from us and thank her for us for taking care of you. We'll be glad to see your photos when the house is done!
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Jane

« Reply #321 on: January 23, 2009, 06:42:41 PM »

Hi Danise, how nice to see you.  I'm impressed with your moving abilities.  I hope everything stays safe.

Will you be out of the house for a month?  I thought it was going to be less time.

Danise

« Reply #322 on: January 23, 2009, 06:42:49 PM »

Hi folks!

Sheena had to be put in the dog kennel for the month.   With as cold as it has been, I really had no choice in the matter.  I couldn't leave her in the cage. 

Don't worry about us, DR Danise! Take care of what's yours for the moment and check in when you can so we know how you are.
  Thank you, DR Elmore--I'm just trying to keep breathing.  Big breaths. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #323 on: January 23, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »

I saw Revolutionary Road tonight.  It was pretty depressing.  Not sure I'd recommend it to anyone.

Jane

« Reply #324 on: January 23, 2009, 06:43:19 PM »

Darn, Danise is already gone.  I'm glad she stopped in with a report. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #325 on: January 23, 2009, 06:44:14 PM »

Tomorrow I want to see Gran Torino and then on Sunday some friends are coming to town to see The Reader and Slumdog Millionaire.   This is nice.  I really need some intensive movie therapy and 4 movies in 3 days ought to do it

Cillaliz

« Reply #326 on: January 23, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »

And I may watch In the Bruges tonight.  I got it from Netflix

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #327 on: January 23, 2009, 06:45:23 PM »

Hi, Danise!  I sent you a DVD of Obama's Inauguration Concert.  I hope you wanted it. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #328 on: January 23, 2009, 06:45:35 PM »

DR Danise - good to see you.  Hope the work goes quickly and smoothly

Laura

« Reply #329 on: January 23, 2009, 06:46:06 PM »

Was that a Luhr's Building or Tower? One of those? Or around the corner?
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up