Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: IN THE THROES OF THE THROES  (Read 25942 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: IN THE THROES OF THE THROES
« Reply #240 on: February 06, 2009, 04:33:30 PM »

The last stable he was in he remembers DR BCT as a Shepherd!

I wasn't the shepherd.  I was the baby!

I bet DR DRAWS would have had better swaddling.

No.  Pink just looks better.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Kerry

« Reply #241 on: February 06, 2009, 04:35:44 PM »

I am taking a friend out for his 33rd birthday.  I realized the sweater I am wearing I bought the same year he was born!   :-\
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #242 on: February 06, 2009, 04:35:54 PM »

Well not everyone can wear it well.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #243 on: February 06, 2009, 04:36:37 PM »

I am taking a friend out for his 33rd birthday.  I realized the sweater I am wearing I bought the same year he was born!   :-\
I have no problem identifying with that DR Kerry.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Kerry

« Reply #244 on: February 06, 2009, 04:38:08 PM »

I am taking a friend out for his 33rd birthday.  I realized the sweater I am wearing I bought the same year he was born!   :-\

At least the sweater still fits (or more precisely, fits again). 
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2009, 04:40:10 PM »

What a wacko day.  The sun was out for about ten minutes, otherwise it's been raining all day.  I began the day revising pages from yesterday.  After that, I just made the decision I'd been struggling with.  I went back and adjusted all the pages, that needed adjusting then wrote an additional few pages.  Then I went to lunch at the Studio Cafe and knew I'd done the wrong thing.  I'm glad I did, however, otherwise I would have wondered about it and fretted about it.  But having done it, it just seemed wrong as can be.  The interesting thing is that two weeks ago on a jog I came up with what I thought was a very good way to finish.  I wrote it down and I just should have trusted that.  But long before, I had this other thing in the back of my head that I thought might be fun and interesting, but having finally done it it was a little convoluted and didn't feel right or hang together right with the rest of the book.  So, I went back and rewrote all the rewrites - I stupidly didn't do a "save as" and save the way I'd written it originally.  Actually, I did cut and paste the three most important pages' original version into another Word document, so I had that.  All that took most of the day.  I still wrote five pages, though, and now it's on to the final two chapters.  I'll probably start the new chapter later tonight, and then try to finish that (it will be longer than the other chapters) by Sunday, and the final chapter will be fairly short, at least as I'm seeing it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #246 on: February 06, 2009, 04:41:29 PM »

Why?  Have you tried him on before, Kerry?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: February 06, 2009, 04:42:44 PM »

Today is Edith's 33 birthday, too! She got married on her birthday

Kerry

« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2009, 04:42:48 PM »

What a wacko day.  The sun was out for about ten minutes, otherwise it's been raining all day.  I began the day revising pages from yesterday.  After that, I just made the decision I'd been struggling with.  I went back and adjusted all the pages, that needed adjusting then wrote an additional few pages.  Then I went to lunch at the Studio Cafe and knew I'd done the wrong thing.  I'm glad I did, however, otherwise I would have wondered about it and fretted about it.  But having done it, it just seemed wrong as can be.  The interesting thing is that two weeks ago on a jog I came up with what I thought was a very good way to finish.  I wrote it down and I just should have trusted that.  But long before, I had this other thing in the back of my head that I thought might be fun and interesting, but having finally done it it was a little convoluted and didn't feel right or hang together right with the rest of the book.  So, I went back and rewrote all the rewrites - I stupidly didn't do a "save as" and save the way I'd written it originally.  Actually, I did cut and paste the three most important pages' original version into another Word document, so I had that.  All that took most of the day.  I still wrote five pages, though, and now it's on to the final two chapters.  I'll probably start the new chapter later tonight, and then try to finish that (it will be longer than the other chapters) by Sunday, and the final chapter will be fairly short, at least as I'm seeing it.

BK, I have faith that you'll work it out and undoubtedly come up with something even better!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2009, 04:43:41 PM »

Why?  Have you tried him on before, Kerry?
I'd never tell!!!
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2009, 04:44:43 PM »

My dad was married on his birthday.  I guess he did not ever forget a wedding anniversary.
James Thurber 1957

Kerry

« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2009, 04:47:30 PM »

My dad was married on his birthday.  I guess he did not ever forget a wedding anniversary.

I should hope he wouldn't-- but you never know with some people.
I like boat races.

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2009, 04:49:11 PM »

Well that's one way to remember :D

Kerry

« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2009, 04:49:42 PM »

Very nice pictures, Cillaliz!  It also looks like potential for a new avatar! ;D

You look terrific!!!!
I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »

Well my other dad (the 102 year old) is unlikely to remember who he was married to.  I just telephoned his hostel.  He is coping OK still - has his sense of humour intact.  At least he is not in a fire risk area.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: February 06, 2009, 04:50:27 PM »

Ok, my mom was trying to tell me where they ate lunch today but neither she nor my dad remember the name. They said it's a chain with a big porch and rocking chairs and they have them in the South.  Does anyone know what they are talking about?

Cillaliz

« Reply #256 on: February 06, 2009, 04:50:57 PM »

Very nice pictures, Cillaliz!  It also looks like potential for a new avatar! ;D

You look terrific!!!!

Thanks!

Kerry

« Reply #257 on: February 06, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »

OK, I'm off to go outside and watch the hummingbirds.

Later, kids!

I like boat races.

Tomovoz

« Reply #258 on: February 06, 2009, 04:53:10 PM »

I saw the "chain" first DR Cilla and assumed it was a prison with which you had an affiliation.   
Big porch, rocking charis and cool breezes.  I would like that.  Of course that will probably be a nursing home in a few years.
James Thurber 1957

Cillaliz

« Reply #259 on: February 06, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »

I saw the "chain" first DR Cilla and assumed it was a prison with which you had an affiliation.  
Big porch, rocking charis and cool breezes.  I would like that.  Of course that will probably be a nursing home in a few years.

I like that idea too.  And if the nursing home has rocking chairs, a big porch and cool breezes I can think of a lot worse places to be

Tomovoz

« Reply #260 on: February 06, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »

Time I let the computer cool down.
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #261 on: February 06, 2009, 04:58:25 PM »

Hi folks,

Just popping in to say that I'm still here at Thelmas and it looks like it is going take at least 2 more weeks before I get back into my house.  Sigh.

Cilla, I think the place your parents are talking about is Cracker Barrel.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #262 on: February 06, 2009, 04:59:41 PM »

I will get to go see my girl tomorrow.  I am SO looking forward to that.  I'm just sorry that it will just be a visit and I won't be taking her home.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: February 06, 2009, 05:00:05 PM »

Cracker Barrel!!  I found it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: February 06, 2009, 05:01:07 PM »

Hi folks,

Just popping in to say that I'm still here at Thelmas and it looks like it is going take at least 2 more weeks before I get back into my house.  Sigh.

Cilla, I think the place your parents are talking about is Cracker Barrel.

You're right DR Danise.  I found it with a google search about the same time you were posting.  I called my mother and she said "Now why wouldn't I remember that"

Danise

« Reply #265 on: February 06, 2009, 05:01:56 PM »

They (Cracker Barrel) usually have a store as well.  You can buy all kinds of old time candies and "county" stuff. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #266 on: February 06, 2009, 05:01:57 PM »

I will get to go see my girl tomorrow.  I am SO looking forward to that.  I'm just sorry that it will just be a visit and I won't be taking her home.

At least she'll know you are still around and ok.  I bet she'll be delighted to see you

Danise

« Reply #267 on: February 06, 2009, 05:02:50 PM »

We have one out by where I live.  It's just off the interstate.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #268 on: February 06, 2009, 05:03:54 PM »

Yes, I've been to one before. I just had a totally different image with the way my mother described it. 

Danise

« Reply #269 on: February 06, 2009, 05:03:55 PM »

At least she'll know you are still around and ok.  I bet she'll be delighted to see you
  I hope so.  I don't want her to think for one moment that she isn't wanted or is never coming home.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up