Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE  (Read 22859 times)

Cillaliz

Re: WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE
« Reply #210 on: February 17, 2009, 05:52:25 PM »

My first phone was sometime in the early to mid 90s. I was living in Spirit Lake and was driving to other towns quite frequently for work.  So I got a bag phone so that the cows wouldn't be sticking their noses in my car windows

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: February 17, 2009, 05:54:06 PM »

I had a very frustrating day today.  I hate it when that happens.

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: February 17, 2009, 06:01:16 PM »

Tonight we are going to get rain and sleet and snow.  Oh joy

FJL

« Reply #213 on: February 17, 2009, 06:10:01 PM »

Better-day-tomorrow vibes to Cilla

DAW

« Reply #214 on: February 17, 2009, 06:13:14 PM »

DITTO!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #215 on: February 17, 2009, 06:20:16 PM »

DITTO!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #216 on: February 17, 2009, 06:22:16 PM »

DITTO!! DITTO!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #217 on: February 17, 2009, 06:24:33 PM »

DITTO!!! DITTO!!! DITTOO!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #218 on: February 17, 2009, 06:26:59 PM »

Ditto! Ditto! Ditto! Ditto!
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2009, 06:30:07 PM »

TOPIC OF THE DAY:

My first cell phone was one that my sister gave me years ago when she got two 2-phone plans...one for her and her boyfriend and the other for her daughter and me.  It cost the same for one phone or two, so they added me.  I don't remember what kind of phone it was, but it wasn't a flip-phone and not too small, but not huge, either.  I had that for a couple of years.  They wanted to get new phones and a new plan, so I broke from them and got my own plan with a new phone and phone number.  I got a Motorola StarTak phone.  I had that for several years (I didn't need a CAMERA on a phone!), but then for some reason, I wanted to make my own ringtones, so I got a new phone.  I was with Verizon and kept the same plan, so I got $100 off the phone I bought (you can get a free phone every two years or $100 off a phone that costs more than that if you stay with Verizon), the Samsung SCH A970.  I've had it ever since (more than three years) and I love being able to make my own ringtones.  However, I had to buy a separate program and the data cable that went with that specific program to be able to do it, but it all worked.  I don't switch ringtones very often, except when I've gotten into shows, I've made ringtones from the cast recording. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #220 on: February 17, 2009, 06:31:05 PM »

Good Evening!

During my subway ride downtown earlier, I caught up on some podcasts that had been languishing on my iPod.  I brought up an episode of "This American Life" entitled "Music Lessons".  The first segment featured David Sedaris - brother of the recently mentioned Amy Sedaris. Well... The looks I got from almost everyone in the car when I started laughing out loud after hearing David Sedaris' rendition of the Oscar Mayer jingle ("My bologna has a first name...") in his Billie Holiday voice, well... I didn't care since I was truly laughing.  And happy. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: February 17, 2009, 06:32:22 PM »

DAW, I didn't sing today at all - just played the piano.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: February 17, 2009, 06:33:15 PM »

Have any other DRs noticed a sudden surge in spam in their spam-email boxes over the past two days?  -Just wondrin'.

I asked that same question a week or so ago, and never got any answers.

Well, at that point and time, I didn't have an answer.  I guess all that spam finally made its way East over the past week.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: February 17, 2009, 06:34:36 PM »

Listening to the next Kritzerland limited edition CD - to be released in tandem with Anya - this CD is a dream come true for me.  Apparently, there was an album planned when the film was released, but it wasn't issued.  That's what I'm hearing now, but I'm not thrilled with the way it's sequenced.  Interestingly, the album master is a mix of stereo and mono tracks, very peculiar.  But we also have a huge amount of other stuff - I have it all in iTunes now and will go through everything and probably end up putting everything possible in movie order.

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: February 17, 2009, 06:35:45 PM »

Thanks. It wasn't that bad...one of those days where it would have all been mole hills if I hadn't decided there were mountains

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2009, 06:37:02 PM »

I just read on All That Chat that Faith Prince will be playing Ursula in THE LITTLE MERMAID on Broadway beginning in April.

I believe DR Jose and I discussed that last Friday.

On All That Chat?  ;)

Preeee-cisely!

And now that it's official that Next To Normal will be transferring to Broadway, well... That's one more thing I don't have to keep under wraps.

*The show will be going into the Longacre, and to keep it an "intimate experience", they will be closing off the balcony.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:49 PM »

Thanks everyone!  Tomorrow will be better.  If the $#&* post office had delivered the mail I sent a week ago to the court 90 miles away I wouldn't have to think about driving down there on Friday and could do the hearings on the phone the same way I usually do it.   
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:57:17 PM by Cillaliz »

George

« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2009, 06:41:53 PM »

I just read on All That Chat that Faith Prince will be playing Ursula in THE LITTLE MERMAID on Broadway beginning in April.

I believe DR Jose and I discussed that last Friday.

On All That Chat?  ;)

Preeee-cisely!

And now that it's official that Next To Normal will be transferring to Broadway, well... That's one more thing I don't have to keep under wraps.

*The show will be going into the Longacre, and to keep it an "intimate experience", they will be closing off the balcony.

Click HERE to see five pictures from the Next to Normal cast album recording session.  One of the actors, Louis Hobson, is from Seattle and has been in shows at Harlequin Productions, here in Olympia!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2009, 06:42:29 PM »

Watching "American Idol" right now...

That's all I'm sayin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2009, 06:42:44 PM »

T.O.D.

My first cell phone was about the same size as Maxwell Smart's shoe phone.  To this day, I blame that phone for breaking my back.  However, since then my thing has gotten smaller and smaller.  Along the lines of Ben, I use Net10, so that I can buy my minutes as I need them.  Ten cents a minute, and no other charges of any kind, you can't go wrong with that.  Some months I use a lot of minutes and other months, very few.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »

Click HERE to see five pictures from the Next to Normal cast album recording session.  One of the actors, Louis Hobson, is from Seattle and has been in shows at Harlequin Productions, here in Olympia!

Yep... Aaron still has his abs.  ;D

*Why do I suspect that those pics were taken with a cellphone/iPhone camera?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:00 PM »

Good Evening!

During my subway ride downtown earlier, I caught up on some podcasts that had been languishing on my iPod.  I brought up an episode of "This American Life" entitled "Music Lessons".  The first segment featured David Sedaris - brother of the recently mentioned Amy Sedaris. Well... The looks I got from almost everyone in the car when I started laughing out loud after hearing David Sedaris' rendition of the Oscar Mayer jingle ("My bologna has a first name...") in his Billie Holiday voice, well... I didn't care since I was truly laughing.  And happy. :)

What do I click on to watch?

Jane

« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2009, 06:46:11 PM »

one of those days where it would have all been mole hills if I hadn't decided there were mountains

That is worth quoting  ;D

Jane

« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2009, 06:47:16 PM »

this CD is a dream come true for me. 

:D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2009, 06:48:32 PM »

Wow!  I have got to see more Olympia shows.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2009, 06:49:49 PM »

DR td - I shall be seeing The Story of My Life again tomorrow night.  If I get backstage afterwards, would you like me to pass on your greetings to Mssrs. Stanek and Dean?

*I'm really looking forward to seeing the show again.  I saw their first preview, and tomorrow night will be their last preview - they open Thursday night.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2009, 06:55:21 PM »

Good Evening!

What do I click on to watch?

It's audio only.  Just click on ""Full Episode".  The "Pu Pu Player" window should pop up.

David Sedaris' segment starts at about the 6:00 mark.  -Give the episode some time to load.  If you don't want to listen to the whole segment, the "Oscar Mayer" moment starts at 17:45.  Just click along the "play line" to get to the time point.  -He also sings a little earlier in the segment too.

*The whole show is pretty good. I'd bookmark it for a later listen.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:57:18 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2009, 07:04:12 PM »

The last singer just sang on tonight's installment of "American Idol"...

:) :) :) :)

*I even think DR Ron Pulliam would have liked him.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2009, 07:04:46 PM »

HENRY SWEET HENRY is a CD I thought I'd bought when BK - I think BK did it! - reissued it but I do not have it and it's out of print. Does any DR have a copy to burn me one?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2009, 07:12:37 PM »

Thank you Jose :)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up