Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THAI A YELLOW RIBBON ROUND THE OLD OAK TREE  (Read 22414 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THAI A YELLOW RIBBON ROUND THE OLD OAK TREE
« Reply #210 on: February 21, 2009, 10:02:59 PM »

One or two more should do it

Cillaliz

« Reply #211 on: February 21, 2009, 10:03:13 PM »

AHA!  My work here is done

Cillaliz

« Reply #212 on: February 21, 2009, 10:26:18 PM »

Part of an article from MSNBC.com

But lest cloaks and daggers become this year's hot red carpet couture, here are the details about the show that — whether by design, or loose lips — have come to light over the past week:

SONG-AND-DANCE (JACK)MAN: "Hugh (Jackman, the host) is going to come out and say a few things, but he's not going to do a 10-minute monologue ... He's going to be doing a lot of musical stuff, so that will have a different feel to it." — Vilanch, in an interview with The Associated Press.

NEED A MONTAGE: The original song nominees will be presented together in a medley-style performance, rather than sprinkled throughout the show and played in their entirety. — Nominee Peter Gabriel, who announced in a video blog on his Web site that he was declining to perform "Down To Earth" from "WALL-E" to protest the one-minute limit for his part.

I'M WITH THE BAND!: The band will be onstage for at least part of the show, rather than in the orchestra pit. A circular ministage juts into the audience. The set is surrounded by a glittering circle of white lights and crystals, and is flanked by enormous chandeliers. — Seen in renderings released by the firm of architect and first-time Oscars set designer David Rockwell.

NIGHTCLUB JITTERS: "The look of the theater is very different. It's more like the nightclub of your dreams. It's very intimate. ... It's got to be a lot closer." — Jackman, in an AP interview.

NEVERENDING STORY: "The show's got a narrative line this year, so all the awards are grouped around that. The sequence in which they're given is dictated by this narrative." — Vilanch.

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE: Five LED flat-screens will move in and out of the set to help carry out the show's "narrative." The entire sets will change and evolve, "powered by a visual narrative that will unfold through 12 transforming sets throughout the night." — The Rockwell renderings.

PRESENTING ... PRESENTERS! "There are different people doing groups of awards instead of a different set for each one." And at least some of the presenters who'd been lined up have backed out, emboldened by the anonymity they were afforded by the producers. — Vilanch, who didn't name names.

MUSIC, MAKES THE PEOPLE, COME TOGETHER: The original-song medley will have a vibrant, world-music theme driven by nominee "Slumdog Millionaire," and includes a drum line made up of Indian, African, Japanese and Chinese percussionists. The "giant extravaganza" also has a full orchestra and choir. — DJ Ravi Drums, the leader of the drum line for the number.

Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Cillaliz

« Reply #213 on: February 21, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »

Well, I'm off to dreamland.  Night..

FJL

« Reply #214 on: February 21, 2009, 10:31:28 PM »

Healthy vibes to Cilla

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: February 21, 2009, 11:12:45 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR MATTHEW!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: February 21, 2009, 11:20:05 PM »

A Very Happy 40th Birthday to DR Matthew!!

Thanks DR George LOL.   And to all the other wishes.  So far, 40 is the same as 39!

Well, in reality, 40 is the same as 20; but 40 goes faster.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: February 21, 2009, 11:24:27 PM »

Back from supper and the play, about which more in a little while.  What a slow news day here at haineshisway.com.  Hopefully we'll make up for it tomorrow - and then some.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: February 21, 2009, 11:24:29 PM »

Okay, don't make me get out the bitch-slap machine.

I was excused............I had performances today.
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #219 on: February 21, 2009, 11:26:05 PM »

I had to go to the tax office today - was i excused?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #220 on: February 21, 2009, 11:36:00 PM »

I had to go to the tax office today - was i excused?

No.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up