Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: MOMENTUM  (Read 23083 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: MOMENTUM
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2009, 01:21:15 PM »

I never wind up having any pancakes on Fat Tuesday.  I don't even crave them.  I only seem to want to eat pancakes on a weekend.

Then end.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2009, 01:21:42 PM »

When I go back down, I'll have today's AS THE WORLD TURNS to skim through as well as last night's HEROES, and tonight's NCIS.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »

Page Five Pancake Dance:

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 01:25:40 PM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2009, 01:43:54 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »

I'm jumping off-line now so I can get to work on writing.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2009, 01:46:20 PM »

For any DRs who may be planning a trip to NYC or may have family and friends planning a trip to NYC, QuikBook is currently running a 72-hour sale on hotel rooms.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: February 24, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »

Page Five Pancake Dance:

BRUCE, IS THAT YOU???

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: February 24, 2009, 02:39:59 PM »

TOD:

Many years ago I saw a film at the Nuart Theater about Carese Crosby. I think the name of the film was I LOVE TO SAY YES. Does anyone know this film? It got me quite interested in Paris in the 1930s.

In recent years I've become quite fascinated with Britain during WWII. I find it difficult to fathom living under occupation. I'm amazed at how people coped.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: February 24, 2009, 02:41:21 PM »

DR elmore - That's very cool about reconnecting with your classmate!  Hopefully, he won't turn out to be one of your troublesome customers from your B&N days. Hey, I know you! ;)

If he does, it will be a very interesting dinner!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: February 24, 2009, 02:41:56 PM »

DR Elmore - is this classmate someone Richard would remember?

Yep. Albyn Davis.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2009, 02:52:10 PM »

Wouldn't be a bad idea to have a doctor look at it, Jennifer, if it's large. My son had a scald burn, and we went to the doctor every other day so he could see it and make sure it didn't get infected.

Thanks for the concern DRs Laura, JRand and Jane but i don't think it's that bad. I guess my other burns have been so minor.

It is a red square (but not that big, maybe 1 inch by 1.5 inches). And it's red. But it doesn't hurt. Not even when i touch it.  I don't think it's too serious, definitely 1st degree burn. I'm using the ointment. And i will watch it. But i'm sure it will be fine.

I'm sure it will be.  The only burn that got infected was also a small one, the reason I didn't bother with the antibiotic ointment.  As soon as I saw the red line I rushed over to a walk in clinic.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2009, 03:00:12 PM »

For any DRs who may be planning a trip to NYC or may have family and friends planning a trip to NYC, QuikBook is currently running a 72-hour sale on hotel rooms.

Bryan is there now.  It is frustrating, as a mother, to know my boys aren't that far away from each other, yet can't seem to connect.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2009, 03:27:53 PM »

In recent years I've become quite fascinated with Britain during WWII. I find it difficult to fathom living under occupation. I'm amazed at how people coped.

OK - I'm confused - Britain was not occupied during WWII.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2009, 03:43:17 PM »

Rocky hopes for Doughnut Tuesday leftovers:

One of Edi's friends stops by:

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #134 on: February 24, 2009, 03:56:36 PM »

Sure is quiet this morning.  Everyone must be off dusting his/her Oscar.

Is that a euphemism?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #135 on: February 24, 2009, 03:56:54 PM »

Nice pictures, Der Brucer. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #136 on: February 24, 2009, 04:04:30 PM »

Don't Click That Link!

Warning: Google Talk Phishing Scam Spreading Like Wildfire

Well, you can click on the above link.  Or just keep reading:

"It’s been a rough day for Gmail. After a lengthy service outage this morning, Gmail is now being attacked by a phishing scam that is spreading like wildfire."
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #137 on: February 24, 2009, 04:11:28 PM »

I cried several times during UNDERDOG.  Some of the action sequences were a little ham-fisted, but I had  a great time, and loved the closing credits!!!

Sounds like I'll love the movie Matt mentioned.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #138 on: February 24, 2009, 04:12:37 PM »

I've been up since six-thirty.  I got Mr. Willison's Anya notes, which, as I knew they would be, were way too long.  I don't think he'll be thrilled with the cuts I'm asking him to make, but one way or the other he has to make them.  He had seven and a half pages of single-spaced Word text - which is almost three pages too many.  He's also used to using tiny type in booklets to have more words - I will not do tiny type - people like our booklets because you can actually read them.  And since I know exactly the page count that I write when I do the notes, and how that translates to booklet pages, i know exactly how many pages he has to cut.  I sent him back a version in which I cut one page and had suggestions as to how to get the other two out (one lift would take care of one and a half of the two pages).

You could, of course, have a web address included in the booklet, so that anyone interested can read the entire, "un-Bowdlerized" version.  I'm amazed more people don't do this sort of thing.

...Hmmm, JMK already suggested this.  Great idea, wish I'd come up with it.   ;D
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:14:53 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #139 on: February 24, 2009, 04:18:15 PM »

I've been up since six-thirty.  I got Mr. Willison's Anya notes, which, as I knew they would be, were way too long.  I don't think he'll be thrilled with the cuts I'm asking him to make, but one way or the other he has to make them.  He had seven and a half pages of single-spaced Word text - which is almost three pages too many.  He's also used to using tiny type in booklets to have more words - I will not do tiny type - people like our booklets because you can actually read them.  And since I know exactly the page count that I write when I do the notes, and how that translates to booklet pages, i know exactly how many pages he has to cut.  I sent him back a version in which I cut one page and had suggestions as to how to get the other two out (one lift would take care of one and a half of the two pages).

You could, of course, have a web address included in the booklet, so that anyone interested can read the entire, "un-Bowdlerized" version.  I'm amazed more people don't do this sort of thing.

...Hmmm, JMK already suggested this.  Great idea, wish I'd come up with it.   ;D

Or bk could have people send in $5.00 so they could receive a hard copy of the full liner notes.  -Remember when the CDs for The Phantom of the Opera first came out.. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: February 24, 2009, 04:21:04 PM »

From the New York Times:

India Celebrates a Hollywood Victory

"The friends and neighbors of "Slumdog Millionaire" child actor Mohammed Azharuddin Ismail cheer while watching the Oscars award ceremony on television outside his shanty, in Mumbai, India."
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: February 24, 2009, 04:23:35 PM »

And some news from DR Ron Pulliam's and DR Matthew's neck of the woods:

Hearst May Sell or Close San Francisco Chronicle
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #142 on: February 24, 2009, 04:34:40 PM »

OK - I'm confused - Britain was not occupied during WWII.

der Brucer

You're actually incorrect, and if you had read my brilliant review of ENEMY AT THE DOOR you'd know why.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #143 on: February 24, 2009, 04:39:00 PM »

JoseSPiano:
Quote from: S. Woody White on Today at 07:12:37 PM

Quote from: bk on Today at 10:52:30 AM

...Hmmm, JMK already suggested this.  Great idea, wish I'd come up with it.   ;D

Or bk could have people send in $5.00 so they could receive a hard copy of the full liner notes.  -Remember when the CDs for The Phantom of the Opera first came out.. ;)

And ASPECTS OF LOVE.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #144 on: February 24, 2009, 04:48:47 PM »

JoseSPiano:
Quote from: S. Woody White on Today at 07:12:37 PM

Quote from: bk on Today at 10:52:30 AM

And ASPECTS OF LOVE.

Well of course I suggested that to ALW as well.  It was in the same letter where I suggested he stop writing musicals.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: February 24, 2009, 04:48:58 PM »

And ASPECTS OF LOVE.

Did the same thing apply to cassettes?
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #146 on: February 24, 2009, 04:51:09 PM »

Can you guess which one I am??      ;)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #147 on: February 24, 2009, 04:55:26 PM »

Well, you're certainly not the Innocent One!

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: February 24, 2009, 04:58:25 PM »

Can you guess which one I am??      ;)

Doesn't that depend upon what has been discussed before the "transaction" has taken place?
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #149 on: February 24, 2009, 04:59:14 PM »

Well, I guess I deserved that by asking in the first place...      :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up