Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: A RHYMING FOOL  (Read 26959 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: A RHYMING FOOL
« Reply #240 on: February 25, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »

PAGE NINE TIME TO LEAVE DANCE!!

Tonight, Theater Artists Olympia is having a general meeting/potluck.  I'm going and need to bring something to eat.  I don't yet know what.  The meeting doesn't start until 7:00 pm, so I have some time to get something.  When I get home, I'll watch "Lost."  I can't believe I said that I would go somewhere on a night when "Lost" is on!! 

Dopey me. ;)

Until later!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #241 on: February 25, 2009, 06:14:19 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm currently watching "Lost" upstairs, while my parents are watching "American Idol" downstairs.  It's quite the multi-sensational experience, so to speak.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #242 on: February 25, 2009, 06:18:06 PM »

PAGE NINE NINE DANCE!!!!!!!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #243 on: February 25, 2009, 06:24:42 PM »

LIFE is jumping tonight and i've been laughing a lot.

DR FJL, they should call those commercials "Unlucky car owners and their comatose friends."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #244 on: February 25, 2009, 06:26:08 PM »

In other news...

I had a good visit with Steve.  We almost went keyboard shopping, but after the clerks at Sam Ash did not call him back - twice! - to confirm whether they had the new Kurzweil in stock, we just went ahead and headed out to dinner.  And it was a very good dinner.  We ended up at Benny's BBQ, which, in keeping with one of the "laws of Good Eats", is a small unassuming, nondescript place in a strip mall, that serves some very good BBQ.  Then it was off to Target to stock up on some basics, and now I'm back at my parents' house.

Blah, blah, blah...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2009, 06:26:42 PM »

BRUCE VILANCH IS AUSTRALIAN??  I never knew that!

;D

I was about to exclaim the same thing! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2009, 06:27:42 PM »

DR Michael S - Any idea what Bruce Vilanch was doing in your neck of the woods today?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2009, 06:30:10 PM »

Yes, they all think that. Brooke Shields still thinks LIPSTICK JUNGLE has a chance for renewal.

What it will depend on is the CW's show development. If they come up with some pilots that look promising, then PRIVILEGE is a goner. If their development season is weak and the pilots less than good, they may pick it up for lack of anything better. But its ratings have been very poor.

I don't know that that is necessarily the same thing especially since the CW has fewer shows and low ratings for most of them.  I could see that it is possible that they would take time for one of their shows with lower ratings.

It's a shame. Because Privileged is better than 90210. I would say my fav CW show is ANTM and Gossip Girl. But i really grew attached to Privileged and hope they give it another chance.

Jennifer

« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2009, 06:33:27 PM »

I think i'm gonna ff thru American Idol and then watch Top Chef. I'm not that crazy about this Idol format. Do others like it?

I'm sure the guy who goes thru will be Adam Lambert (and this is before watching the show).

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2009, 06:36:09 PM »

Hello from Houston. The plane we were supposed to be on has 2 flat tires, so they are getting us a different plane. I will gladly wait for a different plane under these circumstances!

I would gladly wait too.

*I follow "BreakingNewsOn" on Twitter.  There were two more plane crashes today - one in Amsterdam (commercial plane, 12(?) fatalities), and one in Denver (a private plane, no casualties). I do like getting the "breaking news", but there's just been too much bad news lately.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2009, 07:02:33 PM »

I've just begun reading the March book for my discussion group, STUBBORN TWIG.  The print is somewhat small & rather faint making it difficult for me to read.  There a people in my book who can't find a copy and since the group meets on Tuesday I'm trying to read extra fast & all I'm getting is eye strain & a headache.

'night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2009, 08:02:21 PM »

Watched "Lost"... Hmm...

Watching "Top Chef".... Hmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2009, 08:07:04 PM »

DR Michael S - Any idea what Bruce Vilanch was doing in your neck of the woods today?

he was visiting his mother in Boca
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2009, 08:15:00 PM »

Ooohh!!!  I just realized that I'll be traveling to Birmingham, AL, next week for SETCs.  The hotel better have Bravo so that I can watch the reunion show of "Top Chef: New York".
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #254 on: February 25, 2009, 08:27:49 PM »

I've had a full evening of superlative entertainment.

I began with Part I of WHEN THE LION ROARS. When I got this DVD several weeks ago, I started with Part II because I had watched Part I on a homemade videotape of the documentary and though it's a great section, I didn't want to rewatch it again so soon. I watched it tonight to begin my evening.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #255 on: February 25, 2009, 08:29:44 PM »

Next I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing and nothing.

Matt H.

« Reply #256 on: February 25, 2009, 08:30:58 PM »

Next I watched Monday night's HEROES episode. Why is it that HEROES always gets it right when they do a backstory episode? They can muck around with their real time storytelling, but the backstory stuff for the last three seasons has been among the most compelling of anything they've done.

Matt H.

« Reply #257 on: February 25, 2009, 08:33:24 PM »

Next, I had enough time to watch the first three singers on tonight's IDOL. They were among the absolute WORST singers I've ever heard on the show. The judges should be hanging their heads in shame if this is the best they could come up with for semifinalists from a hundred thousand people who auditioned.

Now, to be fair, the other 9 singers may be sensational, but those first three (a guy and two gals) were all off pitch, couldn't sing the melody if it smacked them in the face, and seem to be having a tremendous case of nerves.

Matt H.

« Reply #258 on: February 25, 2009, 08:33:54 PM »

LOST - I loved it. A lot.

Matt H.

« Reply #259 on: February 25, 2009, 08:34:45 PM »

LIFE ON MARS had an involving episode, too. Liked the case and some of it (especially Michael Imperioli's hothead) made me laugh.

Matt H.

« Reply #260 on: February 25, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »

Yes, they all think that. Brooke Shields still thinks LIPSTICK JUNGLE has a chance for renewal.

What it will depend on is the CW's show development. If they come up with some pilots that look promising, then PRIVILEGE is a goner. If their development season is weak and the pilots less than good, they may pick it up for lack of anything better. But its ratings have been very poor.

I don't know that that is necessarily the same thing especially since the CW has fewer shows and low ratings for most of them.  I could see that it is possible that they would take time for one of their shows with lower ratings.

Oh, poo, DR Jennifer! Every actor in a currently running series will hold out hope against hope that the meal ticket isn't over. It's human nature. What I'm saying is that the actors feeling positive about their chances of renewal MEANS NOTHING. They HAVE to think positive!

Cillaliz

« Reply #261 on: February 25, 2009, 08:42:32 PM »

DR Jane, They gave us a different plane. They can take all night changing tires as far as I'm concerned.
Also, yes the waiting a year for a hearing is common

That's what I meant, better to have a new plane than wait for a tire to be changed.

Is there much work to be done during the year?

No, this case is an asylum referral. What that means is he applied for asylum, the asylum office didn't believe he made his case so they referred it to the immigration judge.  Now we have a hearing and if the immigration judge rules against him then he will be deported or leave voluntarily.  It's just a matter of the immigration courts docket.  They only do removals and relief from removal, they don't decide any of the applications or petitions that go to UCIS or the Dept of State or the Department of Labor or any of the other departments who have something to do with some form of immigration.

The Office of General Counsel in Omaha- who represent the government in immigration cases said they have bout 3000 cases on their caseload and they only have about 6 lawyers. So if you don't admit and don't voluntarily depart right away, it's a long time to get a hearing - unless you're detained. those are quicker
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 08:44:31 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #262 on: February 25, 2009, 08:48:35 PM »

So I have to tip my hat to Continental.. Other than that little plane crash in Buffalo, they are a great airline.  They managed to get us a new plane on the other end of the terminal, get everyone on, fly to New Orleans and we were only 10 minutes late.  That was pretty darn cool.

Cillaliz

« Reply #263 on: February 25, 2009, 08:52:37 PM »

This hotel is really nice but SOOOO quiet.  Until we just heard a toilet flush and footsteps, we really thought we may be the only guests in a 250 room hotel.  I guess that's what happens on Ash Wednesday.   The airport was really quiet too.  We went to the hotel where the seminar is, it's only a little over a block away. 

Then I got some dinner - oysters on the half shell and jambalya at Desire . We had a drink and came back to the room.  We did walk down Bourbon Street.  There are people around, but not very many.  I'm sure it will liven up again over the weekend. Right now, I think everyone has a hang over from Mardi Gras.   I am very sleepy and glad that we have a very quiet room tonight 

Cillaliz

« Reply #264 on: February 25, 2009, 08:53:35 PM »

tomorrow morning we're getting up early and walking to Cafe DuMonde for breakfast....yum beingets here I come

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #265 on: February 25, 2009, 08:56:12 PM »

I love Kurzweils, too, Jose, and in fact I played one bought especially for me at tonight's Ash Wednesday service.  It's a gorgeous burgundy color.  I freaked a little tonight because we got two loud pops when I hit A3 so I have to see if perhaps that outlet isn't grounded.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #266 on: February 25, 2009, 08:59:18 PM »

Oh one last thing before calling it a night...I think I saw the plane blow the tires when it landed.  We were taxiing to the terminal when we stopped for a plane landing.  It really burned rubber and black smoke flew up from the tires.  I'm guessing that was the plane

Matt H.

« Reply #267 on: February 25, 2009, 09:02:37 PM »

I'm heading downstairs now to go to bed.

Good night!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #268 on: February 25, 2009, 09:16:37 PM »

I do like getting the "breaking news", but there's just been too much bad news lately.  :-\

Good Tidings rarely are treated as "breaking news".

der Brucer

Divine births and unconditional surrender are the exceptions
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #269 on: February 25, 2009, 09:18:40 PM »

I'm sure the guy who goes thru will be Adam Lambert (and this is before watching the show).

I suspect two guys will go through.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up