Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: A RHYMING FOOL  (Read 27033 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: A RHYMING FOOL
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »

Yes I wonder if any SAG member will be thinking of FiSH during the meeting?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2009, 09:30:24 AM »

Page Four dance.....but I don't know how to post an image on my APPLE.

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2009, 09:30:47 AM »

Greetings from Nebraska.   Bet you don't hear that every day...  I've decided I'm really over-thinking this immigration court stuff.  I was up last night worried about this and that and stressing like a new lawyer.  I got to court and no problem. The court set my client's next hearing for January 2010. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2009, 09:32:52 AM »

So, I'm at the airport waiting for my flight.  It isn't until 2:20, but hanging out here is as good as anywhere. I just had a wonderful grilled chicken sandwich (no mayo) and a fabulous side salad.  I'm at a table near an outlet..  I am happy

Cillaliz

« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2009, 09:34:55 AM »

Der Brucer, the trip isn't REALLY a shopping trip, however as I changed out of my suit and into my casual clothes in my car in the parking ramp (no one was around) I realized I forgot the fleece jacket I like to wear to the seminar (those rooms are always cold).  So, I really may have to shop.  I saw a nice one at the airport, but it says Nebraska on it.  I don't know that I want that

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2009, 09:40:04 AM »

DR VIXMOM my West Side Story Vocal Selections book has the solo version of ONE HAND ONE HEART.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2009, 09:41:24 AM »

Page Four dance.....but I don't know how to post an image on my APPLE.

DR JRand - Have you checked out http://www.MyFirstMac.com ?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2009, 09:42:41 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ......Nebraska coats abound at the local Goodwill.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2009, 09:43:28 AM »

Oh thanks for that link DR JOSE....I shall check it out, even though i am very close to selling this thing.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2009, 09:44:40 AM »

BK, Jose, JMK, Matthew and anyone else who might be able to help:  My brother and his fiancee decided they want the Vixter to sing at tehir wedding.  The song they have chosen is One Hand, One Heart  from West Side Story.  I pointed out that this was a duet, but they want her to sing it as a solo

Have you ever seen an arrangment of One Hand One Heart to be sung as a solo? Where could I even start looking for such a thing? 

I no longer have the published WEST SiDE STORY vocal selections, but I believe it's published there as a solo. Check with a musc shop in your area. It's surely published as a solo sheet as well.

Thank you!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2009, 09:48:05 AM »

DR VIXMOM my West Side Story Vocal Selections book has the solo version of ONE HAND ONE HEART.

Thank you!  Hopefully our local music shop will have it as well.  I will have the Vixter call over there when she gets home from school today.

vixmom

« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2009, 09:50:00 AM »

Hey Cilla!  I am glad court went so well.  I was remiss in not sending TRAVEL VIBES earlier

here are some for your  return trip!

~~TRAVEL VIBES FOR OUR LEGAL EAGLE CILLALIZ~~~~

Laura

« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2009, 09:51:35 AM »

I have been inside the Amazon warehouse in Phoenix. Everything is computerized and scanned, checked and rechecked. The chance of an error is slim. No one actually looks at your order form; it is all scanned. Several times.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2009, 09:52:31 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ......Nebraska coats abound at the local Goodwill.....

This one wasn't red.  A big bonus.

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »

Hey Cilla!  I am glad court went so well.  I was remiss in not sending TRAVEL VIBES earlier

here are some for your  return trip!

~~TRAVEL VIBES FOR OUR LEGAL EAGLE CILLALIZ~~~~

Thanks Vixmom, but I'm actually waiting to leave to go to New Orleans.  I'm in Nebraska where I went to court in Omaha and then to the airport.   But I'll take any and all vibes.  At least the weather looks good today. They may have an ice storm here tomorrow

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #105 on: February 25, 2009, 09:54:51 AM »

Quoniam bonus.

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: February 25, 2009, 09:55:05 AM »

Thanks for the info DR Jose.

Any predictions on who will win?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »

BK, Jose, JMK, Matthew and anyone else who might be able to help:  My brother and his fiancee decided they want the Vixter to sing at tehir wedding.  The song they have chosen is One Hand, One Heart  from West Side Story.  I pointed out that this was a duet, but they want her to sing it as a solo

Have you ever seen an arrangment of One Hand One Heart to be sung as a solo? Where could I even start looking for such a thing? 

Yes, the old P-V score that came out when the movie was first released has it on one staff for solo voice.  I probably have a copy lying around here somewhere.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2009, 09:57:32 AM »

I didn't get much sleep at all last night.  I had the alarm set for 5:15 AM.  I usually don't get up that early and since I didn't get to bed until after 12:30 I was very concerned I wouldn't wake up.  So, I woke up about every hour and looked at the clock.  After about 4:30 I didn't get back to sleep. Now I've had 4 glasses of ice tea. I don't think I'll be sleeping today, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2009, 09:58:27 AM »

Have you ever noticed that when there is a sign that says "Restrooms closed due to construction" that you suddenly have an urge to use the restroom?

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2009, 09:59:44 AM »

Think I'll leave the restaurant and wander around a little before I have to go to the gate

vixmom

« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2009, 10:02:02 AM »

Yes, the old P-V score that came out when the movie was first released has it on one staff for solo voice.  I probably have a copy lying around here somewhere.

Thank you!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2009, 10:02:43 AM »

And if I'm remembering correctly, the still somewhat new and revised vocal selections reflect the duet version of the song.  -But it sure looks pretty!

*And as much as I appreciate the work put into the still somewhat new-ish version of the Piano/Conductor's score for West Sside Story, I still prefer to play from my old "blue cover" copy.  -Those page turns are just ingrained in me. ;) -And don't get me started on the revised P/C score for Carousel.
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2009, 10:02:51 AM »

Have you ever noticed that when there is a sign that says "Restrooms closed due to construction" that you suddenly have an urge to use the restroom?

;D :D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2009, 10:03:56 AM »

...And that's after you've already passed another set of restrooms... "I'll just go to the ones closer to my gate>"  NOT!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: February 25, 2009, 10:04:38 AM »

OK - I need to leave this house today, and since I need to run an errand, now is as good a time as any.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

« Reply #116 on: February 25, 2009, 10:06:28 AM »

And if I'm remembering correctly, the still somewhat new and revised vocal selections reflect the duet version of the song.  -But it sure looks pretty!

*And as much as I appreciate the work put into the still somewhat new-ish version of the Piano/Conductor's score for West Sside Story, I still prefer to play from my old "blue cover" copy.  -Those page turns are just ingrained in me. ;) -And don't get me started on the revised P/C score for Carousel.

OH!  I didn't even think about there being revised scores because of the new show - they want something that will sound like the movie version

That's somethng I will have to look out for - should I assume it will say  "Revised" if it is? I don;t know how I would tell otherwise- I don't read music I just buy it for Vixter and her accompanists

vixmom

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2009, 10:08:28 AM »

Have a wonderful time in New Orleans - Cilla! 

Laura

« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2009, 10:11:15 AM »

Cillaliz -- the big party was yesterday.

Safe travels to you.

Laura

« Reply #119 on: February 25, 2009, 10:12:02 AM »

I am waiting for the local real estate lady to take me to lunch. I wonder if she is going to try to talk me into selling my house. I hope not. She'll be wasting her time.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up