Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME CAPSULE  (Read 46850 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: TIME CAPSULE
« Reply #150 on: March 05, 2009, 01:16:40 PM »

Then, I started the film again to get the Cine-Explore experience which is the picture-in-picture commentary with lots of windows opening to show storyboards, live action guide footage, stills, clips from the Disney TV show with the various animators talking about their work on the picture.

You get the audio commentary on the regular DVD but these pop-up windows with all this other stuff is exclusive to Blu-ray.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: March 05, 2009, 01:17:12 PM »

Page Six Dance!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #152 on: March 05, 2009, 01:18:26 PM »

I wish that they had announced that LOST was going over last night. For some reason my tv did not know (it was not in the guide). And i forgot to add the extra minutes (i usually do but have to do it manually if the tv's guide does not know it is going over).

Luckily the show was already online. So i was able to see the last 2 minutes!

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: March 05, 2009, 01:19:21 PM »

I thought about DR JRand filling his screen when I tried the next bonus feature which is called "Disney View" Instead of black bars on the sides for this 1.33:1 movie, you can pick this and get drawn panels which match the motifs of the various scenes so it extends picture elements to the sides of the widescreen TV.

It works OK as long as the camera is still, but I found it distracting whenever the camera moves and those panels remain stationary. I'd never want to watch the movie using it, but I'm sure others would have no trouble with it.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #154 on: March 05, 2009, 01:19:30 PM »

Within 90 days from today, I will know whether my marriage is still valid.  I wonder if California will refund all the fees I paid to them?

I still can't believe that this is really happening.  Has New York State already acknowledged  your marriage as valid?     
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #155 on: March 05, 2009, 01:19:30 PM »

When I got in, I immediately watched PINOCCHIO. It's beyond spectacular in terms of color, sharpness, and SUCH detail. I couldn't believe I noticed so many things I had NEVER noticed before.

Thank-you; with your blessing, I now feel comfortable replacing our LD.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: March 05, 2009, 01:20:03 PM »

I wish that they had announced that LOST was going over last night. For some reason my tv did not know (it was not in the guide). And i forgot to add the extra minutes (i usually do but have to do it manually if the tv's guide does not know it is going over).

Luckily the show was already online. So i was able to see the last 2 minutes!

My cable guide had it going until 10:02.

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: March 05, 2009, 01:20:59 PM »

When I got in, I immediately watched PINOCCHIO. It's beyond spectacular in terms of color, sharpness, and SUCH detail. I couldn't believe I noticed so many things I had NEVER noticed before.

The DTS-HD MA 7.1 sound is just fine, but after the first part of the film is very noticeably surround, it's like they kind of forgot about it (or maybe they just didn't have sound stems to use) because it collapses into the center channel for much of the film. Once Monstro enters the picture, then the sound really picks up again, and there is low rolling bass that gives that entire sequence real menace.

I always thought the workshop sequences were wonderful.  I would love to see them in HD.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: March 05, 2009, 01:21:39 PM »

Thank-you; with your blessing, I now feel comfortable replacing our LD.

I can't imagine many people being disappointed with the way this looks. It's GORGEOUS. I've always felt this and BAMBI were the masterpieces of the first ten years of feature animation, and it certainly looks to be a masterpiece in this incarnation.

Jennifer

« Reply #159 on: March 05, 2009, 01:22:17 PM »

I guess i will flip back and forth tonight between Survivor and Idol.

Matt H.

« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2009, 01:22:56 PM »

The DTS-HD MA 7.1 sound is just fine, but after the first part of the film is very noticeably surround, it's like they kind of forgot about it (or maybe they just didn't have sound stems to use) because it collapses into the center channel for much of the film. Once Monstro enters the picture, then the sound really picks up again, and there is low rolling bass that gives that entire sequence real menace.

I always thought the workshop sequences were wonderful.  I would love to see them in HD.

Yep, my favorite part of the movie when all the clocks start to chime 9 in their own unique ways. Every one of them different and clever and hilarious. And then Ghepetto says, "I wonder what time it is?" Great capper.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: March 05, 2009, 01:25:05 PM »

I'll be working on the second disc of PINOCCHIO (where most of the bonus features are) when I go back down. Not sure what else I'll be able to watch tonight apart from UGLY BETTY (which I'll record and watch later in the evening.)

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: March 05, 2009, 01:27:27 PM »

Last night DR Sam had reminiscences about Jr High and the non-hard-core academic courses like cooking, sewing, wood shop, auto shop, printing, dancing (remember square dancing class?).

Well, in two brief years in Jr High, I had Wood Shop, Electricity Shop, Print shop (which involved hand setting printing presses), Mechanical Drawing, Folk Dancing (square, Polka, Hora, etc) and the ever-valuable JBT (Junior Business Training). IN JBT we learned letter writing, checking account maintenance, menu planning, shopping to a budget (which included evaluating the food store ads in the newspapers) and shopping for life insurance. Ginny will be glad to know we also had a compulsory class in Library Utilization. My only exposure to the “girls” classes came when I was in desperate need to have a button reattached to a jacket – a counselor sent me to the sewing teacher who proceeded to insist I take a seat in the class which was underway while she directed me in how to attach a button (actually, as I learned, there are two different ways, depending on how much play the button requires (shirts none, heavy jackets, a lot).

der Brucer

When the Vixter was in 6th and 7th grade in middle school (or maybeit was 7th and 8th grades) she had mandatory shop class for half the year and what I would term a home ec class the other half of the year.  It was mandatory for boys and girls.

I know they did some sewing, some cooking,  and wood shop stuff.

Back when I was in high school I wanted to take wood shop but I was not allowed as it was open to boys only.  I refused to take the home ec classes on prncipal and ended up filling in my schedule with extra English electives

Laura

« Reply #163 on: March 05, 2009, 01:30:24 PM »

When I was in school, the boys took shop and the girls took home ec. They didn't offer either when Sandra was in school. They are too busy now teaching them how to take the standardized tests now (and they are not passing).

vixmom

« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »

We used to do square dancing in gym class inthe elementary grades but it stopped by time I got to 6th grade or so.  I don't think the Vixter ever was instructed in square dancing at school.  But all her gym classes have always been co-ed.  When I had gym the classes stopped being co-ed at 5th grade.

I'll have to ask her about the square dancing

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: March 05, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »

Back from picking up DVDs (Kevin has already picked up his and Sean's copy) and various errands and whatnot.  I'm really hungry and am just trying to decide if I want to go sit somewhere and proof, or eat here.  I'm thinking go sit somewhere and proof.

vixmom

« Reply #166 on: March 05, 2009, 01:45:32 PM »

Back from picking up DVDs (Kevin has already picked up his and Sean's copy) and various errands and whatnot.  I'm really hungry and am just trying to decide if I want to go sit somewhere and proof, or eat here.  I'm thinking go sit somewhere and proof.

What are you proofing?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #167 on: March 05, 2009, 01:48:59 PM »

Square dancing!!  We studied square dancing and other folk dancing in the second grade.  I can still do the Virginia Reel and all the other things we learned.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #168 on: March 05, 2009, 01:49:05 PM »

What are you proofing?

My guess is he's proofing some puddin'!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #169 on: March 05, 2009, 01:49:48 PM »

Sounds like DR VIXMOM is covering the waterfront today.

I hope DR JOSE is listening to some interesting people so we can have a report today.  What are all of these people auditioning for?  I must have missed that post.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #170 on: March 05, 2009, 01:55:10 PM »

THINGS I LEARNED FROM WATCHING 16 MOVIES RELEASED BY CROWN INTERNATIONAL PICTURES:

1. All high school seniors are at least 22 years old.

2. No matter what is happening or how many people are around, if there is a telephone in the shot, it will ring.

3. No one who owns a convertible ever puts up the top.

4. If you put blue cellophane on your sliding glass doors, everyone will think it's night time.

5. If you are a female, you must remove ALL of your clothes to wash your face and/or brush your hair.

6. The girl with the smallest breasts will die first.

7. Men's plaid suits should be double breasted and worn with pastel shirts and BIG KNOTTED ties.

8. Beautiful women shower at least six times a day....especially when they have company or are expecting gentleman callers ANY minute.

9.  There is no such thing as inappropriate music.  All music fits any situation.

10. At least one person appearing in a supporting role will have the same last name as one of the producers, and this person will wear the BEST clothes in the movie.

Matt H.

« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2009, 02:02:02 PM »

Jumping off-line now to do some writing, and then I'll head back down to continue with disc two in the PINOCCHIO set.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2009, 02:10:10 PM »

Proofing the new novel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2009, 02:11:06 PM »

Happy to say that I just heard from my webgal and the two new Kritzerland titles will go live tomorrow - I'm hoping for earlier.  So those who've been waiting for that to happen can go to www.kritzerland.com tomorrow and purchase.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2009, 02:55:49 PM »

TOD - my first BK-produced CD was Liz Callaway's Loesser, which was sent to me by orchestrator DR Elmore.  I will have to take it in the car today, especially to listen to my favorite tracks, "What're You Doing New Year's Eve?" and "Brotherhood of Man." 

Two I didn't do. Thanks, DR Ginny! ;)
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2009, 02:59:40 PM »

Does anyone here remember a 1980s flick titled "Hunk"?

DR MBarnum might.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2009, 03:06:48 PM »

I can't think of a better way to while away a day than listening to a 30-piece orchestra play the score of FINIAN'S RAINBOW. The fact that Rob Berman makes music on the podium rather than just beating time, as several MDs I know are prone to do, only made the event more glorious. I think the production is going to be good and I can't wait to see it.

Now, where the hell's the check Citibank was supposed to mail me on Monday? I guess tomorrow I need to kick ass at the bank.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2009, 03:08:31 PM »

Then I understood.

And somebody, somewhere earned another toaster.

:-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2009, 03:10:36 PM »

Does anyone here remember a 1980s flick titled "Hunk"?

DR MBarnum might.

I wondered if it was one that would be welcomed in Elmore's VCR. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2009, 03:16:13 PM »

Well, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up