Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: AND THIS IS MY BELOVED  (Read 48086 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re: AND THIS IS MY BELOVED
« Reply #180 on: March 08, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »

I wasn't the one having "one of those days" at work today.  That fell to Jamie, our General Merchandise manager.

What with the 50th anniversary of Barbie, Mattel has issued a 50th Anniversary Barbie, sort of the modern Barbie wearing a skimpy bathing suit very similar to the original, and with the original's hooker make-up painted on her face.

We received a very limited number of the dolls, somthing like two dozen, three dozen at the most.  And Corporate had decided to sell the dolls at the original price of three dollars.  Limit one per customer.

There was only one way to prevent someone insisting on buying all the dolls, and that was to keep them all in the back.  The customer would have to go to the Customer Service Desk, and ask for one of the dolls.  Ed, our CS rep today, would pick up the phone and page Jamie, saying the simple code "Jamie, One!"  Jamie would get one of the dolls, and bring it to the customer.

First come, first served.  Right?

Well, Jamie was flooded with phone calls all day.  No, we can't hold one at the desk for you, it's first come, first served.  Yes, ma'am, I understand you have three granddaughters, but our limit is one per customer.

I suggested he tell those grandmothers that they'd just have to decide which granddaughter they loved most, but that the limit was still one per customer.  The way he rolled his eyes clearly said "Oh, if I only could get away with that!"

The good news was that we were sold out by noon.  All gone, too bad, buh-bye.  And our sister stores in Long Neck and Millsborough were sold out, too.

"They've got the dolls at WalMart and K-Mart.  They're selling them for $12 each."  Boy, did that comment get some dirty looks.

Like I said, Jamie was having one of those "one of those days" days.  He was so glad when his shift ended.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #181 on: March 08, 2009, 06:00:09 PM »

Today is Women's Day in Romania.  I think our new daughter is missing the fun.  She said the women get presents and flowers on the streets from random guys.

that sounds neat... Random gifts
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #182 on: March 08, 2009, 06:01:43 PM »

SWW, I would not doubt that he was glad when his day ended
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Cillaliz

« Reply #183 on: March 08, 2009, 06:02:51 PM »

DR Vixter, FEEL BETTER QUICKLY!

Thanks!!!!! Felt better after going to church... Maybe it was a sin thing?

:D I think you're ok in that department and if you're not...you have the right to remain silent ;)

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #184 on: March 08, 2009, 06:03:22 PM »

I am not liking the weather forecast for tomorrow night and Tuesday... a possible blizzard...

I want Spring!!!!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #185 on: March 08, 2009, 06:04:25 PM »

Cilla, have you heard the Van Morrison track on two of the Chieftains albums, THE LONG BLACK VEIL and CELTIC HEARTBEAT?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #186 on: March 08, 2009, 06:05:06 PM »

He does a pretty rousing rendition of "I'll Tell Me Ma"

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: March 08, 2009, 06:05:10 PM »

Discovery Cove, now a part of the Photobucket Family.  :)

It's pronounced "photobouquet."
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #188 on: March 08, 2009, 06:08:29 PM »

I was looking for a clip for you on youtube Cilla but they must have pulled it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #189 on: March 08, 2009, 06:09:08 PM »

Discovery Cove, now a part of the Photobucket Family.  :)

It's pronounced "photobouquet."

I have another word for photobucket at times and it is not repeatable on the family board

Cillaliz

« Reply #190 on: March 08, 2009, 06:09:54 PM »

I've been working off and on all day on my jury trial that starts on Tuesday.  Luckily I got enough done in advance that I'm doing a lot of last minute details, I always find a lot .  I'll be working on it all day tomorrow and then 8:30 AM on tuesday it will be off to the races, rack up a jury and go for it.   As much work as it is doing prep,  I love jury trials. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #191 on: March 08, 2009, 06:12:07 PM »

the best news is that I had another jury trial scheduled for the 23rd in federal court (Tuesday is in state court)  It would have been a nightmare getting ready.  But roberto pled guilty on Friday, so now, after this one is over, I will have work to do, but will also have room to breathe.   Breathing is a good thing. I'm looking forward to that too

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: March 08, 2009, 06:13:14 PM »

Sunday evening greetings!  We are back home after our visit to the Anglican church in Lima, OH, where they have a lovely building and more worshipers than we have in Cincinnati, but no full-time clergy.  They really, really want Richard, so we're going to try going there on Sundays.  It's a bit longer drive, but won't eat up our Sundays any more than going to Cincinnati.  In fact, today we were home from Lima before we'd have been home from Cincinnati, because the Lima service starts 90 minutes earlier.  We've made it clear to them that now is not the time for us to move away from SW Ohio.

Is that pronunced like the bean or like Peru?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Kerry

« Reply #193 on: March 08, 2009, 06:21:41 PM »

Today is Women's Day in Romania.  I think our new daughter is missing the fun.  She said the women get presents and flowers on the streets from random guys.

that sounds neat... Random gifts

I love getting presents and flowers from random guys.  Know any?
I like boat races.

Laura

« Reply #194 on: March 08, 2009, 06:26:52 PM »

I just got back from seeing the Phoenix Theater production of Les Miserables. They did a really good job. Two of my favorite local actors had lead roles.

Kerry, Lila asked if we had season tickets. Apparently she wants her friends to get upgraded to our seats. She said she doesn't remember our ever being in those seats.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Ginny

« Reply #195 on: March 08, 2009, 06:27:52 PM »

Sunday evening greetings!  We are back home after our visit to the Anglican church in Lima, OH, where they have a lovely building and more worshipers than we have in Cincinnati, but no full-time clergy.  They really, really want Richard, so we're going to try going there on Sundays.  It's a bit longer drive, but won't eat up our Sundays any more than going to Cincinnati.  In fact, today we were home from Lima before we'd have been home from Cincinnati, because the Lima service starts 90 minutes earlier.  We've made it clear to them that now is not the time for us to move away from SW Ohio.

In Ohio, it's Ly-mah, like the bean.

And for DR Jane, it's about a 2-hour drive each way.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #196 on: March 08, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »

I just got back from seeing the Phoenix Theater production of Les Miserables. They did a really good job. Two of my favorite local actors had lead roles.

Kerry, Lila asked if we had season tickets. Apparently she wants her friends to get upgraded to our seats. She said she doesn't remember our ever being in those seats.

Tell Lila you have an eccentric friend who sometimes uses your tickets, and that's probably why you didn't look familiar to her.  You can also tell her friends to take a hike.
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2009, 06:37:25 PM »

Watching W.  I do hope it gets better at some point.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »

I guess I am not a huge Oliver stone fan...

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2009, 06:45:10 PM »

For those Doctor Who/Torchwood fans out there...

Director Euros Lyn Talks Torchwood, Tennant's Doctor Who Farewell
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2009, 06:46:30 PM »

I read that earlier today... I am sorry to see Tennant go.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #201 on: March 08, 2009, 06:50:11 PM »

In Ohio, it's Ly-mah, like the bean.

And for DR Jane, it's about a 2-hour drive each way.

That is a long way to drive every week. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #202 on: March 08, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »

Brunch at the Red Wind was okay.  Not great, but okay.  I ended up buying brunch for all four of us, because I won $450.00 on the slot machines.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #203 on: March 08, 2009, 06:58:36 PM »

It is trying to snow here.  I hope it doesn't snow on George's trip to the Manahttan Transfer.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #204 on: March 08, 2009, 07:01:39 PM »

Yes, DR Jane, it's a long drive, but it's interstate all the way and Richard and I have already started talking about what audiobooks we want to "read" on those trips.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #205 on: March 08, 2009, 07:02:13 PM »

DR TCB - congratulations on your winnings!

Laura

« Reply #206 on: March 08, 2009, 07:08:05 PM »

Next time don't tell anyone you won, TCB.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #207 on: March 08, 2009, 07:12:08 PM »

Next time don't tell anyone you won, TCB.

Now you tell me!
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #208 on: March 08, 2009, 07:13:40 PM »

I love getting presents and flowers from random guys.  Know any?

my sentiments precisely!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #209 on: March 08, 2009, 07:14:26 PM »

I know this is a longshot, but does Richard know either Rev. Raggs Ragan or (my favorite clergy name) Rev. Simon Justice?  I worked for them both at St. James Episcopal here in Portland.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10   Go Up