Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009 ENTRIES  (Read 50852 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: 2009 ENTRIES
« Reply #240 on: March 18, 2009, 08:41:49 PM »

Then, with my yearning for musicals still in place from last night, I put in SINGIN' IN THE RAIN. I wish I had listened to the commentary instead of the regular track. I'm not sure I've ever listened to that commentary track all the way through. (It's pieced together with comments from many contributors). I've always loved Ron Haver's commentary on the Criterion laserdisc of the title, so I should give this one a chance. The next time I take it out, I will listen to it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #241 on: March 18, 2009, 08:42:03 PM »

Page Nine Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #242 on: March 18, 2009, 08:42:39 PM »

Next, I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. Nothing for me, but the boys are on tomorrow's show. It looked interesting.

Matt H.

« Reply #243 on: March 18, 2009, 08:45:12 PM »

I finished watching the singers on AMERICAN IDOL. I didn't think a single one of the remaining vocalists was at his or her best (including Danny). And I don't know WHAT the panel was smoking to give raves to either Matt or Megan because they were both poor. Megan's was understandable, but Matt missed many notes and breathed in all the wrong places. They ignore all of the rudiments for good singing. I just don't GET them at all.

Matt H.

« Reply #244 on: March 18, 2009, 08:46:07 PM »

LOST had another excellent episode, though the ending did NOT take me by surprise. Maybe I'm starting to catch on to their methods!  :D

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: March 18, 2009, 08:47:17 PM »

I loved LIFE ON MARS. I'm assuming Jason O'Mara was using his natural Irish brogue during the undercover scenes. That man could whisper sweet nothings to me in that accent ANY TIME!

And how about that ending!
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:50:43 PM by Matt H. »

Jennifer

« Reply #246 on: March 18, 2009, 08:48:55 PM »

re: last night's DWTS.

I agree. I was fine with who went home last night. But surprised at who was in B2. I thought that person was more popular! :(

Jennifer, I am curious why you believe that the vast majority of the public is incapable of voting on these programs for anyone except who they consider popular.  If I was going to vote for DWTS or AI, I certainly believe that I am smart enough to vote for the person who gave the best performance and not just for who had the most airtime or the largest fan club.  We are not exactly talking about superstars on DWTS and I don't think that seeing someone several times in the opening weeks on AI is going to make me vote for them if they don't have the talent.

I don't think I was clear.  In most cases i would say that on DWTS popularity makes a big difference.

But in this specific case (steve wozniak) - i don't actually think he is that popular or has a huge fan base. What i meant with my comments were that on dialidol last week he was near the top of
the votegetters. So i thought he was more popular (from what i saw of the votes). ANd since last week was combined to this week i was surprised that he was in the B2 (cause i thought he had been more popular, if that makes sense).

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: March 18, 2009, 08:49:44 PM »

I only have one more review item in the stack, Criterion's DANTON which doesn't come out until March 31st. If nothing comes tomorrow for review, I'm going to take tomorrow off and hopefully watch THE ROBE on Blu-ray if it arrives tomorrow as I'm expecting.

If it doesn't come in the mail, I'll still take the day off and watch all the TV from tonight I didn't get to. I didn't even watch the IDOL results show tonight.

Cillaliz

« Reply #248 on: March 18, 2009, 08:55:26 PM »

re: last night's DWTS.

I agree. I was fine with who went home last night. But surprised at who was in B2. I thought that person was more popular! :(

Jennifer, I am curious why you believe that the vast majority of the public is incapable of voting on these programs for anyone except who they consider popular.  If I was going to vote for DWTS or AI, I certainly believe that I am smart enough to vote for the person who gave the best performance and not just for who had the most airtime or the largest fan club.  We are not exactly talking about superstars on DWTS and I don't think that seeing someone several times in the opening weeks on AI is going to make me vote for them if they don't have the talent.

I don't think I was clear.  In most cases i would say that on DWTS popularity makes a big difference.

But in this specific case (steve wozniak) - i don't actually think he is that popular or has a huge fan base. What i meant with my comments were that on dialidol last week he was near the top of
the votegetters. So i thought he was more popular (from what i saw of the votes). ANd since last week was combined to this week i was surprised that he was in the B2 (cause i thought he had been more popular, if that makes sense).

I do think DWS is a popularity contest in the beginning.  If you think Cloris Leachman was voted for because she was a good dancer... well....  I think as the show goes farther along the people only there because of popularity start to lose votes.    I vote and will say sometimes I vote for who I like personally or won't vote for who I don't like even if they can dance...I'm sure I'm not the only one

MBarnum

« Reply #249 on: March 18, 2009, 08:57:35 PM »

That certainly is sad about Natasha Richardson, but I have to admit that I had no idea who she was.

Cillaliz

« Reply #250 on: March 18, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »

Time to watch Life on Mars on DVR before heading to bed

MBarnum

« Reply #251 on: March 18, 2009, 08:58:21 PM »

But on the good news front, I finally got the router up and running....18th time is the charm, as they say, sort of.

Cillaliz

« Reply #252 on: March 18, 2009, 09:02:44 PM »

Yeah MBarnum!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #253 on: March 18, 2009, 09:06:15 PM »

I need to install my tax software now since I'll be working on my taxes either this Sunday or next.

So, good night!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #254 on: March 18, 2009, 09:06:17 PM »

MattH, I'm beginning to have a bad feeling, like maybe your invoice didn't get printed out - can you forward me your paypal invoice or just tell me the date you sent it so I can check?  I know it was after the pre preorders, so maybe my helper did your package, but I want to check and make sure.

Laura

« Reply #255 on: March 18, 2009, 09:25:56 PM »

I am very sorry to hear the sad news about Natasha Richardson. I am glad her family did not elect to keep her on life support for an extended time. That is even sadder.

Cillaliz

« Reply #256 on: March 18, 2009, 09:40:14 PM »

I loved LIFE ON MARS. I'm assuming Jason O'Mara was using his natural Irish brogue during the undercover scenes. That man could whisper sweet nothings to me in that accent ANY TIME!

Wow!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #257 on: March 18, 2009, 10:11:22 PM »

Well, even though I don't have rehearsal tomorrow, I do have a production meeting at 9:00am - eight hours from now, so... But since tomorrow is supposed to be another gorgeous day, it will be nice to get out and about before Noon.  ;)

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #258 on: March 18, 2009, 10:44:11 PM »

And my copies of the new Kritzerland releases arrived today!!!   Hoo and Ray.

I am thrilled that Kritzerland is releasing again at semi-regular intervals.

Why do you people thousands of miles away get yours before I get mine?  Why, Bruce?   ;D

It's the same with me.  I always get Kritzerland shipments later than other people. ::)

But at least I get them! ;)

However, not today. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #259 on: March 18, 2009, 10:47:22 PM »

I'm watching it right now and have about 20 minutes left.  I've never heard Jason's real accent. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #260 on: March 18, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »

Dear Jane & Matt H:     I love The Big Bang Theory.  I always laugh out loud.  I fits my humor.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #261 on: March 18, 2009, 11:16:44 PM »

word of the day:  Eyas  ( a bird taken from it's nest for training)   

A friend of mine has a red & blue parrot that will live to be 80 years old or more.  (It was her mother's, who passed away).   The parrot loves to drive in the car, it sits on top of the passanger seat in the pickup truck.  They had to buy a car that will hold the travel cage (which is bigger than me) so they can travel back and forth between Oregon and Ventura with the bird. 
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

George

« Reply #262 on: March 18, 2009, 11:17:10 PM »

NNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Sam

« Reply #263 on: March 18, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »

Anyone know anything about Mona-Vie (health drink) before I get talked into paying $130.00 for 4 bottles (which lasts one month)?   

Sam

« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2009, 11:20:01 PM »

Hi George

Sam

« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2009, 11:21:37 PM »

Well, I must say goodnight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2009, 11:34:33 PM »

I'm sort of hungry, but I'm quite bored of Fruity Snacks and biscotti - the only other options are soup or an English muffin, neither of which sounds appealing.  I only had the pastrami sandwich and one latke for lunch, but it was very filling.  Then I had a biscotti and a half and a pack of Fruity Snacks about three hours ago.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2009, 11:40:49 PM »

Having an English muffin.

George

« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2009, 11:49:28 PM »

Hi George

Hi, Sam.

Too late.  Sorry.

George

« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2009, 11:50:10 PM »

Having an English muffin.

Toasted?  Plain?  With butter?  Peanut butter?  Inquiring minds want to know!

;D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up