Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THREE DIMENSIONS  (Read 43599 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THREE DIMENSIONS
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2009, 07:49:54 PM »

President Obama is spending too much time on television shows.  Get back in the kitchen and rattle those pots and pans.

And on 60 Minutes, there was an "inspiring" story about a schizophrenic musician who spends a lot of time in a concert hall in Washington DC (I think) and his struggle with his mental illness.  OH AND GUESS WHAT?  Paramount is releasing a movie about HIS LIFE starring Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey, Jr.....  And they wonder why we have lost respect for television "journalism."  How can 60 Minutes let itself be used as a shill for Paramount?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2009, 07:50:12 PM »

Page Six Shill Dance.....

Use your imagination.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2009, 07:55:51 PM »

Hmmmm

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #153 on: March 22, 2009, 08:03:38 PM »

DP made a roast turkey and roasted veggies for dinner.  Nice way to end a long week.  We are now watching the premiere episode of "Alias" - this is the second go 'round on the series.  It's just as exciting as it was the first time I saw it.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #154 on: March 22, 2009, 08:04:56 PM »

I wonder if Jose is off enjoying another version of Southern Hospitality?

Well... I'm off tomorrow, so... Wait and see.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #155 on: March 22, 2009, 08:12:08 PM »

I watched Season Two of THE TUDORS last night - I really enjoy this series - even if my family seems to have disappeared from its history.  So many of the men look alike, though, that sometimes I am not sure who i am watching.

I do love the costumes, settings, and music.   

And Anne Boleyn's execution in the French style was most distressing......

I emjoyed the second season of THE TUDORS very much, but the DVD box set was a pale reflection of the high definition broadcasts. I was really disappointed in the quality of those transfers.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: March 22, 2009, 08:13:26 PM »

President Obama is spending too much time on television shows.  Get back in the kitchen and rattle those pots and pans.

And on 60 Minutes, there was an "inspiring" story about a schizophrenic musician who spends a lot of time in a concert hall in Washington DC (I think) and his struggle with his mental illness.  OH AND GUESS WHAT?  Paramount is releasing a movie about HIS LIFE starring Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey, Jr.....  And they wonder why we have lost respect for television "journalism."  How can 60 Minutes let itself be used as a shill for Paramount?

Ah, the upcoming movie version of "The Soloist". -Which is based in Los Angeles, and the music hall in question is the beautiful(!!!!) Disney Concert Hall.

Did the "60 Minutes" story cover the ever-changing release date for the film?  It was originally slated to come out last year, but the studio wanted apparently shifted the release date in order to avoid getting lost in the "Oscar shuffle". -It was already generating some Oscar buzz last year.

I loved the book - which was written by the reporter, Steve Lopez, who "found" the homeless musician, Nathaniel Ayers.  When I discovered that Jamie Foxx was in the movie, well... And after seeing some of the previews and realizing that they've set up a "meet cute", well...  In any case...

Read the book.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: March 22, 2009, 08:16:13 PM »

UGH!

While searching for an image of the cover of "The Soloist", I discovered that they have already released a movie tie-in paperback with Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey, Jr., on the cover. -Which I will not post here.

And I also came across a listing for a DVD copy of tonight's "60 Minutes" story...

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: March 22, 2009, 08:17:17 PM »

What an interesting evening I've had with my viewing. First I watched the "making of" documentary for QVO VADIS complete with comments from Dr. Drew Casper. I have to say that some of the pronouncements they made about these epic films and how they fare at the Oscars were ludicrous. (One person says they don't get Oscar nominations for acting in the leading categories, usually just supporting. Well, I guess Charlton Heston and Rex Harrison would have found an error in their calculations.) Argh!

Cillaliz

« Reply #159 on: March 22, 2009, 08:17:19 PM »

I was at Shopko during 60 minutes and bought the book, The Soloist, about his life no knowing he was on tv as I shopped
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 08:18:52 PM by Cillaliz »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: March 22, 2009, 08:17:51 PM »

My new Apple mouse is very nice....with a scroll button in the middle.

DR JRand - Just remember that even though there are no visible buttons on the Apple mouse, it is still touch sensitive/responsive.  -Which still takes me a little while to get used to.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: March 22, 2009, 08:19:26 PM »

Next I began watching '21' but after about 55 minutes, I found my concentration drifting. Perhaps I've seen too many Biblical epics over the weekend, but I just couldn't sit still for the last hour of the movie. If I don't get any review items tomorrow, I'll finish it then.

Matt H.

« Reply #162 on: March 22, 2009, 08:20:52 PM »

So, I put in the Blu-ray of THE UNIVERSE and watched the next episode which had to do with Venus and Mercury. They've learned so much more about these planets since I was taught about them in school, so it was quite fascinating. I really enjoyed that episode.

Matt H.

« Reply #163 on: March 22, 2009, 08:22:09 PM »

I went back and watched the featurette on the SUNSET BOULEVARD DVD set on composer Franz Waxman. I thought maybe they had addressed the business with his resigning from the Motion Picture Academy in this featurette, but they didn't. It ended with his winning his second Oscar for A PLACE IN THE SUN.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #164 on: March 22, 2009, 08:22:27 PM »

I am wondering if DR JOSE has discovered the intricacies of the politics of the theatre group he is working with as yet....and if he has had to take sides in any arguments yet.

I've known the people that run this company for about five or six years.  It's a small company, and there are basically only two people that run it.  No politics involved.  -And their Board of Directors seems to know that their primary function is to raise money for the theatre, and not to influence any of the artistic decisions.

As for taking sides, well... The only "side" I have to take is "behind the table".
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: March 22, 2009, 08:24:05 PM »

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES.

I loved seeing Richard Burgi back on the show. I wonder if he's going to be around a little more often since it seems Gale Harold is not going to be returning to the show.

Gaby's story irritated the hell out of me, but it did end acceptably. Can't stand Orson and wish something awful had befallen him tonight instead of what did happen.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: March 22, 2009, 08:24:51 PM »

I am on my APPLE so I am not sure how to save and post a photo.  More studying must be done.  Oh yes, more studying must be done.

To save a picture from a web page: CTRL + Mouse Click.  -That should bring up a menu from which can select either to Save or Copy said image to your Desktop or elsewhere.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: March 22, 2009, 08:25:16 PM »

BROTHERS & SISTERS. Wow! A surprising development with Sarah. Not so surprising with the other kids and their problems. All of those seem to have been telegraphed for months.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: March 22, 2009, 08:27:11 PM »

I forgot to mention earlier that I send along my sincere condolences to DR Ron Pulliam, and to all the citizens of Oakland, California on the loss of the three police officers.

And I would like to add condolences to the family and friends of those who were killed in the plane crashes today in Tokyo and Montana.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #169 on: March 22, 2009, 08:37:11 PM »

The only real historic buildings that I remember from my schooldays were the Missions, from the days when California was still Spanish territory.  So, of course, what group are the the current uberconservatives trying to keep out... ?  (Dontcha love irony?)

Spaniards?

MBarnum

« Reply #170 on: March 22, 2009, 08:42:30 PM »

I came home to a nice e-mail from former Mr. America, Reg Lewis, who has moved to his new home in Northridge. I am invited for dinner next time I am in town. What a nice guy!

td

• td
« Reply #171 on: March 22, 2009, 08:51:39 PM »

You must ask Mr. Lewis if he has any fond memories of working with Tony Curtis, Mae West and Sharon Tate.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

« Reply #172 on: March 22, 2009, 08:54:36 PM »

I am heading downstairs now to go to bed.

Good night!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #173 on: March 22, 2009, 08:56:47 PM »

Sorry to be E and T...

DBF finally left today and this past week we spent doing wedding stuff and other projects. He also helped em with a big project. What a dear!

Any able bodied men are invited to come to fargo to help sandbag... We go from a blizzard less than two weeks ago  to a raging flood. That is what happens when you go from -20 to over 50 in a week.

Last week was nice and warm with temps in the 40s and no nights below freezing. It now raining. We have had over an inch of rain since 6 pm. Not a good situation on frozen ground.... I will try and be around this week.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #174 on: March 22, 2009, 08:59:46 PM »

I am glad that Danise and Sheena are reunited...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #175 on: March 22, 2009, 09:01:02 PM »

Let me add for those who are fans of BIG LOVE on HBO that tonight is its season finale.

I have not yet seen the program but I have heard about it.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #176 on: March 22, 2009, 09:01:17 PM »

I have a funny feeling it is going to be a long night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: March 22, 2009, 09:04:18 PM »

~~~~~STAY HIGH AND DRY VIBES TO DR DAKOTA CELT~~~~~
« Last Edit: March 22, 2009, 09:13:16 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: March 22, 2009, 09:05:40 PM »

Don't you mean Stay High and Dry Vibes to DR Dakota~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #179 on: March 22, 2009, 09:06:20 PM »

Saw teh graphic for the Nudie Musical... I like it... Very 40ish!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up