Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LIKELY STORIES  (Read 57843 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: LIKELY STORIES
« Reply #180 on: March 23, 2009, 04:00:53 PM »

Elmore - did you get your cookies?

Yes, I did! I thought I'd mentioned it. Thank you, thank you!

You may have but since I have been E & T I probably missed it!  I lost my delivery confirmation number so I couldn't check on it.  I am glad they arrived
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #181 on: March 23, 2009, 04:02:09 PM »

Survived taking my mom on several errands and my aunt to the eye doctor.  I am exhausted.

You're a good woman!

vixmom

« Reply #182 on: March 23, 2009, 04:04:42 PM »

Back from the listening to tapes session and the news is fantastic!  Two years ago, another film music label wanted to do this score.  They got these same nine tapes.  They could only find one side of the album (this was released on LP) in stereo - there were a LOT of mono album masters, none in stereo - the only stereo marked on a box was side two of the album and that was the original three-track recording pre-album master (where some rather ugly reverb, typical for the time) was added.  There was one box among the nine that was confusingly marked and that box was my hope - it was side one, but didn't have stereo marked on it - that was because someone had put a sticker over that part of the box - so, we put up that reel and voila, it was the side one three-track recording.  Hoo and ray, is all I can say.  I was so happy I danced a rather pathetic jig.  So, not only do we get to put out my holy grail soundtrack (and no, Rio was not my all-time holy grail that's never been on CD), it will be remixed directly from the original three-track masters, and I can put a nice, clean reverb on (the recording is, naturally, completely dry and doesn't sound good without some sort of room ambience added), and it should be spectacular.  Oh, boy!  Oh, joy!  It's on the fast track and will be announced two weeks after Illya is officially announced.

Good News BK! I am very pleased for you!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #183 on: March 23, 2009, 04:25:58 PM »

Wonderful news from MR BK....

I do not know of any site to share audio....I uploaded the ILLYA song I had to this site.  You upload and then let people know of the links, and they can download the songs.  But that can be cumberson.

www.filefactory.com
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #184 on: March 23, 2009, 04:27:08 PM »

DR ELMORE'S new book on Calf Society looks to be more entertaining than I found Mr Laurents' tome...most helpful if one is thinking of directing a production of GYPSY, otherwise....I didn't much like it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #185 on: March 23, 2009, 04:27:17 PM »

CAUTION!!!!    What you may look like to others when doing the Hokey-Pokey!!

photo:    Disco Inferno

Open auditions for an Arrid commercial.

Probably a good reason to do it out in the open.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #186 on: March 23, 2009, 04:27:51 PM »

Well we know it was released in stereo and the LP had two sides.....and it has NEVER been on CD.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #187 on: March 23, 2009, 04:30:54 PM »

I am almost ready to make the switch to Blu-Ray.......

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: March 23, 2009, 04:31:44 PM »

I will probably see the show twice. It will be running three times during my stay but I need to do computer maintenance on the laptop. As much as I would like to see it three times I may skip one performance and do downloads and virus scans, etc.

Ah, the life of a geek.

Ben, I am curious how the food is at that dinner theater.  Outside of their brunch buffet, the menu doesn't sound terribly exciting.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #189 on: March 23, 2009, 04:32:33 PM »

bk, did you ever slip us the name of your holy grail? 

I didn't.  It's from the early 1960s and is by one of my all-time favorite composers.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #190 on: March 23, 2009, 04:33:56 PM »

JRand58:
DR ELMORE'S new book on Calf Society looks to be more entertaining than I found Mr Laurents' tome..

Calf society?  Is that where one would find the moovers and shakers?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaďs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: March 23, 2009, 04:35:59 PM »

Ate some assorted foodstuffs from Gelson's and am listening to music and trying to just relax.  Heard back from Mr. Sondheim and none of his lyrics remain in Illya Darling - now he's deciding whether I can use an anecdote he told me - I'm waiting for him to say yay or nay.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #192 on: March 23, 2009, 04:45:18 PM »

TECHNICAL QUESTION:

Can someone tell me how to make my avatar show up a bit bigger.  The original was 320 x 240 and it showed up tiny.  I tried resizing the width to 110 like most of the other avatars, which gave me 110 x 83.

It still looks the same.  How can I make it bigger without bugging Mr. Mark Bakalor?

wfo

What a joy it is to see WFO posting again.

I won't bother answering your question, Bill, because by now I am sure that you have read the bad news.  Apparently, at HHW, size doesn't matter.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #193 on: March 23, 2009, 04:54:42 PM »

And, of course, the Scandal du Jour a few days ago was the revelation that LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian ended up having an affair during(?) the filming of said TV movie.

Such a shame!  LeAnn cheating on her gay husband!
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #194 on: March 23, 2009, 04:57:55 PM »

JRand58:
DR ELMORE'S new book on Calf Society looks to be more entertaining than I found Mr Laurents' tome..

Calf society?  Is that where one would find the moovers and shakers?

The same barnyard.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2009, 04:59:52 PM »

In the now it can be told department....cousin Edward's wife, Caroline was the former Cazzy Nevins, a main squeeze of Prince Andrew.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #196 on: March 23, 2009, 05:00:24 PM »

And, of course, the Scandal du Jour a few days ago was the revelation that LeAnn Rimes and Eddie Cibrian ended up having an affair during(?) the filming of said TV movie.

Such a shame!  LeAnn cheating on her gay husband!

Shocking! 

Cillaliz

« Reply #197 on: March 23, 2009, 05:01:24 PM »

And thanks to DR JOSE for:

The Soloist info

I remember seeing "The Soloist" on display in various bookstores, but never paid any attention to it.  -I went through a phase where I bought almost any music-related book, and, well, I had to stop that "impulse", so...

When I was in LA last year, I attended a concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall - the LA Phil playing Hindemith and Mahler.  After the concert, I did some browsing in their gift shop.  "The Soloist" was prominently displayed on the counter alongside an announcement that Steve Lopez would be doing a reading and Q&A session the following week.  Who?  Then I started hearing some ladies at the counter talking about the book.  Hmm...

When I got back to New York City, I ended up downloading the audiobook version of it - I had a free Audible.com credit.  I still remember staying up late at night in order to finish "reading" the book.  And there were a couple of times when I found myself missing my subway stop, as well as finding myself crying during a train ride while listening to the story, the true story.

Again... Read the book. :)

Glad I bought it last night.  I'll start reading it tonight after DWS, unfortunately that may mean i don't get my cleaning done tomorrow.  But I am enjoying my days off

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: March 23, 2009, 05:03:01 PM »

Last night from DR Danise:

"Everything is going well with Sheena and I.  I'm just trying my best to hang on and pray that Consumer Affairs will be able to help me."

Wonderful news.  Vibes for consumer affairs, but I'm sure being back with Sheena will help DR Danise's spirits

Cillaliz

« Reply #199 on: March 23, 2009, 05:08:50 PM »

Was it real though?  There's a lot of other talk about it all being a PR stunt.

And tonight LeAnne Rimes and her husband were "caught" kissing. 

Ben

« Reply #200 on: March 23, 2009, 05:11:10 PM »

I will probably see the show twice. It will be running three times during my stay but I need to do computer maintenance on the laptop. As much as I would like to see it three times I may skip one performance and do downloads and virus scans, etc.

Ah, the life of a geek.

Ben, I am curious how the food is at that dinner theater.  Outside of their brunch buffet, the menu doesn't sound terribly exciting.

Anthony thinks the food is great. I've only had the steamed fish and the brunch. Even though technically if you're going to see the show you have to eat in the restaurant they bend the rules for the actors so I haven't had a full meal in the restaurant. They feed the actors between shows so Anthony has had many meals. I had the fish because on Friday (last August when I went to see How to Succeed) they serve a big fish dinner. Anthony gets it and has it between shows. I was coming in on Friday afternoon and one of the other actors doesn't like fish so he got the fish dinner for me and we both had steamed whitefish with vegetables. I will have that again this Friday. I'll have Brunch on Sunday with Anthony and I get to sit at the Actor's Table but that's the only time I'll eat in the restaurant.

My, that was a long answer!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #201 on: March 23, 2009, 05:13:27 PM »

Yes, but have they told whom they were kissing?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #202 on: March 23, 2009, 05:13:44 PM »

We had our first big thunderstorm of the spring tonight.  Lots of rain 60 mph winds and lots of thunder.   It was calm for awhile after that and now it's windy again. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #203 on: March 23, 2009, 05:14:43 PM »

Yes, but have they told whom they were kissing?

It was a photo...they were kissing each other.  Outside with cameras around.   I'm sure it was a very romantic moment ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #204 on: March 23, 2009, 05:19:01 PM »

TAR FAVORITES

skcfjn as; fgj bnsfgj cmnr gjcznsfglkjcdbn g/laekmarw4'o   o iwhjt o;wih owhouiWH TOIW VUH
rogilrvihmcaioertf,;oik aw]wrguch
Don't know if we need spoilers to say who we like.   I like the rev and his son.  They are one of those teams that can sneak up on you because they don't appear to be that competetive.  I don't like Victor and his sister (her name escapes me at the moment) but I never like the team that seems to always be ahead of the pack, I like a run for the finish line.  I like the deaf kid and his mom.  the rest of the teams haven't really distinguished themselves that much.  I didn't care about the bottom teams this week
;seofcjsro;gi acnwhelfjnsc;fgoiamnwhjrxloicjsrhg;axorjgnf c;sdk

DAW

« Reply #205 on: March 23, 2009, 05:31:44 PM »

Fantastic news from bk and another big WIN for Kritzerland!   Hoo and Ray!!!    :D

DAW

« Reply #206 on: March 23, 2009, 05:32:34 PM »

Cool game, DR George.... thank you!   :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: March 23, 2009, 05:46:01 PM »

The wind just started howling again. Better close the window. Boo won't be pleased about that.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #208 on: March 23, 2009, 05:46:04 PM »

Good Evening!

I had another great walk up, down and around downtown Charleston.  I concentrated mainly on Meeting Street.  Lots of historic homes and churches.  Alas, with all that "history", I was starting to feel a little guilty for not being more into Civil War history.  -But I did track down a few more restaurants that had been recommended to me. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #209 on: March 23, 2009, 05:47:12 PM »

Good Evening!

I had another great walk up, down and around downtown Charleston.  I concentrated mainly on Meeting Street.  Lots of historic homes and churches.  Alas, with all that "history", I was starting to feel a little guilty for not being more into Civil War history.  -But I did track down a few more restaurants that had been recommended to me. ;)

Meeting Street?   ::) 
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up