Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: RAPPIN'  (Read 30241 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: RAPPIN'
« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2009, 01:26:25 PM »

I scanned through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. The boys were on in their new perilous plot. The ending of the show wasn't quite the big surprise they might have wished since this character has been rumored as set to return for months.

I'm assuming NCAA basketball will preempt the show for the rest of the week. The previews did have the boys but are likely from next week's episodes.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2009, 01:26:41 PM »

Page Eight Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2009, 01:27:01 PM »

And still no new review items!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2009, 01:29:15 PM »

I get the drift, DR JOSE.  Yes there are lots of rehearsals where I am fine....even if I am the only one who is.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #214 on: March 25, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »

World Figure Skating Championships live on OXYGEN starting in 10 minutes....

Today we:

Pairs Shorts
Mens Shorts

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #215 on: March 25, 2009, 01:30:36 PM »

I may have to miss the first 30 minutes of LEAR if the Mens Shorts are intriguing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #216 on: March 25, 2009, 01:35:32 PM »

TOD:

Question for BK:
  Now that the liner notes for Ilya, Darling! are done and it's too late to change them  :-*, do you include anything about Lehman Engel being fired as conductor out of town?  As I recall, he gave an interview to a newspaper where he was complaining about the direction musical theatre was going, and he said something like, "It's hard for audiences to develop sympathy for a one-eyed Turkish prostitute..."  Although he insisted he was not speaking about the current show (she was, after all, Greek and had two beautiful eyes), the remark was taken personally, and he was canned.  He mentions it in one of his books.

Yes, I mention the anecdote in the notes.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #217 on: March 25, 2009, 01:44:07 PM »

Tail As Old As Time

Well, considering it's DR Ron Pulliam, "old" is the operative word.      ;)

And....considering it's "tail"...ditto for DR DAW!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2009, 01:45:42 PM »

I think a musical about a one eyed Turkish prostitute might be more interesting than some things that have been on Broadway since 1966.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #219 on: March 25, 2009, 01:57:22 PM »

lots and lots to do

Carrot Top agrees!

[ and he needs a haircut, too!  ;) ]

What he needs is a total makeover.  The eyebrows are all wrong, as is the eyeliner.  He desperately needs a better shade of lipstick.  And honey, do something about that foundation of yours, it just isn't working!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #220 on: March 25, 2009, 02:02:43 PM »

~~~STAY SAFE AND DRY VIBES FOR DR DAKOTA!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #221 on: March 25, 2009, 02:06:17 PM »

And now for something completely different:

The Nietzsche Family Circus

;D

That Dolly always gets the best lines!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #222 on: March 25, 2009, 02:11:22 PM »

From yesterday:T.O.D.

J.P. PATCHES (my favorite)

J.P. and girlfriend Gertrude

Who'd-a thunk it?  America's first transgendered children's show!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #223 on: March 25, 2009, 02:12:09 PM »

I can live with seepage....

That's gotta be the title to something!!

;)

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: March 25, 2009, 02:14:14 PM »

Hopping off-line now to do some computer work and then head down for more evening viewing.

Looks like I'll only see part of tonight's AMERICAN IDOL since I'll have to watch LOST and LIFE ON MARS "live."

WBBL.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #225 on: March 25, 2009, 02:19:47 PM »

And now for something completely different:

The Nietzsche Family Circus

;D

That Dolly always gets the best lines!

And each time you refresh the page, you get a whole new cartoon and quote! ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #226 on: March 25, 2009, 02:23:57 PM »

I feel like taking a wee nap.

Getting up and to work before it's even daylight (that's what my Wednesdays are like) is such a drag.

(Not a reference to the two clowns above.)

Kerry

« Reply #227 on: March 25, 2009, 02:50:50 PM »

I have wonderful news, the little kitten is doing great & is full of spunk this morning. :D

Glad to hear it.
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #228 on: March 25, 2009, 02:54:39 PM »

I love new kittens.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #229 on: March 25, 2009, 02:55:24 PM »

[

Yes, I mention the anecdote in the notes.

Oops! [spoo spelled backwards]  Should I have included  a spoiler alert?  If so:  sorry.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

George

« Reply #230 on: March 25, 2009, 03:21:05 PM »

Of course I am still waiting for the release of the Met's DOCTOR ATOMIC.....still not at Amazon.com.
I am not enjoying the earlier production quite as much.

JRand, the DVD that's available HERE obviously isn't the same as the performance that was just broadcast on the Met's hi-def opera broadcast to movie theaters (and is the earlier production that you don't like).  But is this recent hi-def broadcast also going to be made available for purchase?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #231 on: March 25, 2009, 03:24:22 PM »

I love new kittens.

The kitten looked a little like this one:

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #232 on: March 25, 2009, 03:27:09 PM »

The DP isn't biting on the NYC idea... I'm now pushing the Bahamas.  I here that is where the beaches go on for days and there is only sun, no dramas....   He hasn't said no yet.

WHAT?  Your DP doesn't want to come to NYC?  Doesn't he know that you know someone who can point him to all the "must try" bakeries and patisseries?!?!?!?  -For his research, ya' know.

;)

Has your DP done a Disney Cruise yet?  They are running some good specials right now.  *And if you time it right, you might be on the same cruise/boat that I will be on. :)

We haven't done a Disney Cruise yet.  In fact, he hasn't even been to Walt Disney World yet.  YET - I say, as for his combination Valentine's Day/Birthday/Anniversary gift from me was a trip to WDW and we are going in October.

As for the "must try" bakeries and patisseries, good luck convincing him that someone knows more than him :)  Those Germans are STUBBORN!  :)    However, I know you could teach him a thing or two about NYC :)

Is your DP still making Madeline's?  I thought about you the other day.  The bakery in the market I purchase my Madeline's stopped getting the package brand I like & are purchasing them from a local baker.  I think the new Madeline's are disgusting.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #233 on: March 25, 2009, 03:33:53 PM »

I think DRJOSE wrote that the Met production would be released sometime.   We shall see.

Now it is time for the Men's Shorts.

George

« Reply #234 on: March 25, 2009, 03:38:32 PM »

I think DRJOSE wrote that the Met production would be released sometime.   We shall see.

Now it is time for the Men's Shorts.

Cool.  I checked out the currently available DVD from my local library.  I hope to watch it someday soon. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #235 on: March 25, 2009, 03:40:43 PM »

I would like to see Finian's Rainbow also but tonight (the dress rehearsal) and Thursday is booked and then I'm gone until April 1st

I was in Finnian's Rainbow in high school.

George

« Reply #236 on: March 25, 2009, 03:40:49 PM »

I was perusing the Met's website and saw that they're going to show a documentary called, "The Audition."

Coming in spring 2009, The Audition, directed by award-winning filmmaker Susan Froemke, looks at the intense pressures young opera singers face as they struggle to succeed in one of the most difficult professions in the performing arts. The feature-length documentary takes you behind the scenes at the Metropolitan Opera's National Council Auditions, where each year thousands of hopefuls compete for a cash prize, the chance to sing on the Met stage–and the opportunity to launch a major operatic career. The film covers the dramatic week leading up to the finals of the 2007 auditions, focusing on three very different tenor contestants: Michael Fabiano, a fiery 22-year-old grappling with his inner demons; Alek Shrader, a 25-year-old with movie-star looks who attempts to sing nine high Cs in the fiendishly difficult aria that made Pavarotti a star; and Ryan Smith, who at the age of 30, and with little formal training, is pursuing his dream of an operatic career.

The Audition is both a suspenseful competition narrative and a revealing backstage look at what it takes to make it as an opera singer.

This sounds very good. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #237 on: March 25, 2009, 03:59:55 PM »

VIBES TO DAKOTA CELT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #238 on: March 25, 2009, 04:00:22 PM »

Just read the flood waters in Fargo could be as high as a two story house....YIKES!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #239 on: March 25, 2009, 04:01:06 PM »

I was perusing the Met's website and saw that they're going to show a documentary called, "The Audition."

Coming in spring 2009, The Audition, directed by award-winning filmmaker Susan Froemke, looks at the intense pressures young opera singers face as they struggle to succeed in one of the most difficult professions in the performing arts. The feature-length documentary takes you behind the scenes at the Metropolitan Opera's National Council Auditions, where each year thousands of hopefuls compete for a cash prize, the chance to sing on the Met stage–and the opportunity to launch a major operatic career. The film covers the dramatic week leading up to the finals of the 2007 auditions, focusing on three very different tenor contestants: Michael Fabiano, a fiery 22-year-old grappling with his inner demons; Alek Shrader, a 25-year-old with movie-star looks who attempts to sing nine high Cs in the fiendishly difficult aria that made Pavarotti a star; and Ryan Smith, who at the age of 30, and with little formal training, is pursuing his dream of an operatic career.

The Audition is both a suspenseful competition narrative and a revealing backstage look at what it takes to make it as an opera singer.

This sounds very good. :)

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT

For a picture of the three tenors:

Last Diva Standing: Young Voices Vie on a Grand Stage

Don't read the article or the caption if you still want to be kept in suspense. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up