Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: RAPPIN'  (Read 30121 times)

Cillaliz

Re: RAPPIN'
« Reply #300 on: March 25, 2009, 08:20:32 PM »

Hmm, apparently "a" historic is now accepted as correct. I don't buy it.  It just sounds wrong to me.  I read somewhere that an historic is now considered archaic.  Well call me archaic, I just can't say it the other way

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #301 on: March 25, 2009, 08:21:10 PM »

Next I began rewatching ON THE OTHER HAND DEATH. Things were just starting to come together for Don when I turned it off (about 50 minutes in), and I'll likel go ahead and finish it tomorrow.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #302 on: March 25, 2009, 08:22:22 PM »

just listened TWICE to artist's choice, Elvis Costello, music that matters to him, really good.

one of my favorite cd's

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2009, 08:24:13 PM »

Dear MattH,    thanks for reminding me that Criminal Minds is on tonight, I try to watch every episode.

be back after the show
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Matt H.

« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »

Around 8:30, I began watching tonight's AMERICAN IDOL. I got the first four singers watched before I caught up with the show. I was shocked at all the positive stroes for Matt who sang my notes (especially in his upper register) either flat or sharp. The studio must have hidden the flaws, but  think when they watch the show back at home, they're going to be surprised at how poor he was.

But of the first four, Megan was undoubtedly the worst. I thought she was by far the worst I've heard of these finalists.

Matt H.

« Reply #305 on: March 25, 2009, 08:25:13 PM »

Dear MattH,    thanks for reminding me that Criminal Minds is on tonight, I try to watch every episode.

be back after the show

Glad the listings are of some help to some people. That's the only reason I do it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #306 on: March 25, 2009, 08:25:39 PM »

Finished viewing Two For The Seesaw.

Matt H.

« Reply #307 on: March 25, 2009, 08:26:12 PM »

LOST had a very involving Said-based episode, but the shocker at the end wasn't shocking at all. Once again (just like last week), I was ahead of the game and knew that was exactly what was going to happen.

Cillaliz

« Reply #308 on: March 25, 2009, 08:26:48 PM »

Hmm, I was a little disappointed in tonight's Life on Mars.  I won't give anything away, but I guessed it.  What I haven't guessed is what is going to happen next week

Matt H.

« Reply #309 on: March 25, 2009, 08:26:58 PM »

LIFE ON MARS had a very entertaining episode, and I was very surprised by the identity of the killer. I sure didn't see that coming!

Matt H.

« Reply #310 on: March 25, 2009, 08:38:58 PM »

My eyes are getting a little heavy, so I'm heading downstairs now to go to bed.

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #311 on: March 25, 2009, 08:40:24 PM »

LIFE ON MARS had a very entertaining episode, and I was very surprised by the identity of the killer. I sure didn't see that coming!

Really?  I thought you'd get that one

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #312 on: March 25, 2009, 09:09:22 PM »

Good Evening!

The Run-Thru of Act One went well.  Saturday will be the "refresh and clean-up" day.

*Even with all the stops and starts and brain farts, we managed to run the act in 95 minutes. Not bad at all.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #313 on: March 25, 2009, 09:16:19 PM »

After rehearsal, I headed out with the gang to "Red's" - I think that's what it was called.  It's a bar.  Once we were all there, we raised a glass - or two - to one of the Resident Artists in honor of his birthday.  We also ended up with some unintentional entertainment.  Two of the bartenders were trying to dismantle a "TV Box" from above the bar... With a hammer and a crowbar.  We just kept watching for a while wondering when they would notice that if they used a wrench they could just unscrew the two brackets and the unit would come down.  Instead, they just keep hitting it with the hammer trying to dislodge it from the brackets, and using the crowbar to break down the two planks that framed the box.  About 20 minutes later, they "found" the two bolts that held the brackets in place, and using a wrench, they loosened the two bolts, and, lo and behold, the box was easily removed.  -Which was followed by a round of alcohol-induced applause from the crowd at the bar.

-And that's just a taste of the night-life in Charleston.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #314 on: March 25, 2009, 09:17:49 PM »

DR TCB - Glad to hear that you just ended up a little "smoked" and not "burned out".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #315 on: March 25, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »

We are now looking into Tokyo Disneyland.  The last hour has been frustrating trying to find a package deal or whatever.  Seeing that Disney doesn't own their off-shore parks, none of the Disney travel agents handle their booking.  Since we don't know the area, we don't know what is close to the TDL resort, and what is not.  However, the DP is not set on anything at the moment, which is a whole other kettle of what is it, fish?

DR Matthew - I think I put you in touch with some people who could help you book a package for Tokyo Disney and/or Disney Sea.  *Although, I'd say if you're going to go to a Disney Park overseas, then go to Hong Kong Disney.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #316 on: March 25, 2009, 09:23:31 PM »

DR Ginny - Which MacBook did you get?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #317 on: March 25, 2009, 09:29:35 PM »

Listening to yet another potential LP soundtrack for us to release - a little surprising this one hasn't been done - unless someone's already taken it.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #318 on: March 25, 2009, 09:57:18 PM »

We are now looking into Tokyo Disneyland.  The last hour has been frustrating trying to find a package deal or whatever.  Seeing that Disney doesn't own their off-shore parks, none of the Disney travel agents handle their booking.  Since we don't know the area, we don't know what is close to the TDL resort, and what is not.  However, the DP is not set on anything at the moment, which is a whole other kettle of what is it, fish?

DR Matthew - I think I put you in touch with some people who could help you book a package for Tokyo Disney and/or Disney Sea.  *Although, I'd say if you're going to go to a Disney Park overseas, then go to Hong Kong Disney.

I know we should be going to Hong Kong Disneyland as it's rather struggling at the moment.  I really would like to see Disney Sea.  However, it's probably all a dream at the moment as we decided to wait to see about the situation in Mexico in a month or so.  It really is what we can afford now.  Paris and Tokyo are a little out of the budget at the moment.  We both agreed to calm down for a bit and see where we are in a month or so.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #319 on: March 25, 2009, 10:08:18 PM »

DR Matthew - Have you thought of heading north to Vancouver and Victoria in Canada?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matthew

« Reply #320 on: March 25, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »

DR Matthew - Have you thought of heading north to Vancouver and Victoria in Canada?

Yes, I have... however, the DP has a rather limited idea of where he wants to spend his precious week.  I'm all for staying in the US, but according to him, there is nothing to do here.......  I know.... don't bother :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #321 on: March 25, 2009, 10:42:07 PM »

Finished with the notes - unexpected notes at that. 

Sam

« Reply #322 on: March 25, 2009, 11:08:48 PM »

Criminal Minds, another excellent episode.

I especially like the quotes at the beginning and at the ending of the show.

Sam

« Reply #323 on: March 25, 2009, 11:11:17 PM »

Just to say I do read the notes.   My first cell phone was in 2002.

Sam

« Reply #324 on: March 25, 2009, 11:17:35 PM »

Well goodnight, tomarrow is payday, and of course it goes to the rent.

Other than that, this weekend I should start walking the neighborhood again.  It is still quite pretty here.

Have a good Thursday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #325 on: March 25, 2009, 11:24:23 PM »

What have they done to Facebook - it's so weird now.  I went to Photos to upload the Nudie art - I see nowhere to add a photo now - I can add an album but not a photo - where have they moved the upload button to?

Matthew

« Reply #326 on: March 25, 2009, 11:41:58 PM »

What have they done to Facebook - it's so weird now.  I went to Photos to upload the Nudie art - I see nowhere to add a photo now - I can add an album but not a photo - where have they moved the upload button to?

Left hand corner of your home page.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up