Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES FOR A LOVELY SATURDAY  (Read 22309 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: NOTES FOR A LOVELY SATURDAY
« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2009, 11:33:23 PM »

Or...I could just post the order that I had saved!

ACT ONE (order according to the booklet essay):

1. Overture (1)
2. We're in the Money / Pennies from Heaven (2)
3. If You Were the Only Boy (in the World) (3)

4. Broadway Baby [1]
5. No One Is Alone [2]
6. Sooner or Later [3]

7. Unexpected Song (4)
8. I Never Thought I'd Break (7)
9. Other Lady (6)
10. The Hills of Shiloh / Faithless Love (5)

11. Making Love Alone [4]
12. Time Heals Everything [5]
13. Raining in My Heart [6]
14. Some People [7]

ACT TWO:

1. (They Asked Me Why) I Believe in You (8)
2. Johanna [8]
3. Happiness [9]
4. Hello Little Girl / Any Moment [10]
5. There Won't Be Trumpets [11]

6. Later (9)
7. You Could Drive a Person Crazy [12]
8. Not a Day Goes By [13]

9. With So Little To Be Sure Of (10)
10. Children Will Listen (11)

11. Being Alive [14]
12. Move On [15]

13. Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (12)

The songs in italics are from the first CD and the songs in BOLD are from the 2nd CD.  The numbers in the brackets or parentheses are the track numbers from the respective CDs.  As you can see on the first disc, starting after "Unexpected Song," the CD reversed the song order as they were listed in the article.  I don't know if the article listed them in the wrong order or if they really switched the order for the CD.  Either way, I kept those songs in the CD order for my complete version:

7. Unexpected Song (4)
8. The Hills of Shiloh / Faithless Love (5)
9. Other Lady (6)
10. I Never Thought I'd Break (7)

Thank you for taking the time to post this. Very kind of you.

You're welcome...but it took no time at all.  I made my own complete CD with a booklet right after the second CD was released, and saved the original Word document and Playbill article link.  I just went right to it, copied it all and posted. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2009, 11:33:52 PM »

The 1980s however, well...what can I say....

George

« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2009, 11:34:57 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2009, 11:43:40 PM »

Good evening. I just returned from a lovely soiree. Other guests in attendance include a count, an astronaut, and a few generals.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2009, 11:55:29 PM »

The Count, The Astronaut, and A Few Generals - that's the title of my next novel.

George

« Reply #245 on: March 29, 2009, 12:01:57 AM »

So...earlier tonight, I ushered for a touring production of Gilligan's Karaoke Island - The Musical. ::) Well...the actors were pretty good.  Their voices were for the most part, very good (Ginger was probably the weak link, vocally, but she wasn't bad at all).  Otherwise, everyone had great energy (especially Gilligan).  The Professor was VERY good looking without being too distracting. ;)

« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:03:34 AM by George »

George

« Reply #246 on: March 29, 2009, 12:02:14 AM »

Before the show, I talked with the house manager and she said that their original contract was to have two live musicians and the rest of the "band" be canned.  She said that at some point within the last couple of months, they (the tour producers) said that there would be no live musicians!  Judy (the aforementioned house manager) said that the general manager of the Washington Center got in on it and the two live musicians were in the pit.  I must say that it probably didn't help much.  The "orchestrations" were very simple and not very interesting, at all.  With canned music, you'd think that it would sound fuller...more exciting...better...but no.  An evening of not-so-good karaoke on a shoestring budget does not a good show make.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:04:48 AM by George »

George

« Reply #247 on: March 29, 2009, 12:02:34 AM »

Otherwise, the songs and script...what can I say about the songs and script...amateurish.  I guess it fit with the intellectual level of the original TV show, but I really wish that it was much better than the TV show.  There was not a lot of reaction from the audience during the first act other than polite applause, although there were a couple of funny moments (not more than a few out-loud laughs).  At the beginning of the intermission, the audience in the lobby was somewhat quiet which indicated to me that "if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything."  I'm sure some people left and didn't come back.  But during the second act and the curtain call, there seemed to be more applause/laughs...but it just didn't "feel" right.  To me, it really seemed like they brought in their backstage crew to help the rest of the audience laugh.  It just didn't feel natural. :-\

Those are just my observations.  One person's opinions.  No one else's.  Just my 2¢.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:10:03 AM by George »

George

« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2009, 12:07:13 AM »

And don't get me started on the alien.  No kidding...there's a green alien from another planet in the show...it's literally a no-brainer. :P
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 12:09:15 AM by George »

George

« Reply #249 on: March 29, 2009, 12:08:33 AM »

Gratuitous Post #250.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up