Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: ME FOR THE SEESAW  (Read 21982 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re: ME FOR THE SEESAW
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2009, 08:32:44 AM »

And now, I'll attempt to catch up....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2009, 08:36:34 AM »

Arnold M. Brockman - got your order.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2009, 08:37:22 AM »

Seesaw is doing well so far - especially considering it's only been up for an hour or so.  And with our dealer orders, we only have less than two hundred at this point.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2009, 08:37:30 AM »

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2009, 08:39:52 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I just got to the office about 30 minutes ago, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2009, 08:41:32 AM »

DR George - Yep, it really does sound like you had a "Crap" day yesterday.  I just hope you and your sister have learned your lesson now!  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2009, 08:42:05 AM »

*And I'm guessing this would not be such a good time to inform DR George that I know the company manager for the current tour. I mean... Who knows? ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2009, 08:44:58 AM »

Happy Birthday ANDRE PREVIN.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2009, 08:47:34 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I think the first film score I truly noticed - and it was one hard not to notice - would have had to been John Williams' score for "Star Wars (Part IV)" - otherwise known as the "First Star Wars Movie". ;)

Then I'd have to say the next one to stick with me would have been Dave Grusin's "On Golden Pond".

And the first film score that made me cry - and still does - would have to be Ennio Morricone's "Cinema Paradiso".
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2009, 08:50:06 AM »

Am I mis-remebering, or does the soundtrack of Zeffirelli's ROMEO AND JULIET have huge chunks of dialogue on it including a swordfight?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »

Dave Grusin's "On Golden Pond".

And WHY has this never been released on CD??       :(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2009, 08:51:53 AM »

So...

I found myself wide awake around 4:30 this morning.  I had toyed with the idea of just staying up - and maybe even heading into the office at that time to get some work done - but decided to head back to bed, to sleep.  When the clock radio went off at 7:00, I heard the first minute of the NPR news, and then the EBS.  At first I thought it was a test, but then the announcer came on: there was a tornado warning in effect for the next two hours. And it was pouring rain outside too. So, I stayed in bed until around 8:30, listening to the news and further storm and weather updates. Once the all-clear was announced, I got out of bed and started my day then.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2009, 08:55:41 AM »

Now, when it comes to "Wow" moments, listening to a film's soundtrack, the one that sticks with me is John Williams' score for The Towering Inferno, specifically the opening credits.  This was during my college days, and the guy teaching a screenwriting class kept going on and on about the fantastic opening credits, how the helicopter keeps zooming across the screen.  He had it all wrong, of course.  Watch and listen to those opening credits, and you'll see that the helicopter is pretty much static on-screen, that the background is doing all that zooming.  I got the prof to go back, and watch and listen again.  He was surprised, to say the least.  He also didn't like to be contradicted.  C'est la vie.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2009, 08:56:40 AM »

TOD

Another One

THE FIRM

DAW

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2009, 08:57:59 AM »

He also didn't like to be contradicted. 

No man does, Horace.   No man does.         ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2009, 08:58:22 AM »

I did make it to the Hominy Grill this morning for breakfast.  I ended up sitting outside under the awning - the rain had stopped, and since it was packed inside, it was also a bit noisy.  I had a very basic Southern breakfast: two eggs, sausage, hominy grits, a "Mile High" biscuit, mixed berry jam (raspberry, blackberry and blueberry), and some coffee.  It was a good breakfast, but it did remind that I was not eating a NYC diner breakfast: it was a very sensible portion. ;) -Although, I would have liked two patties of their homemade sausage instead of one.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2009, 08:58:38 AM »

TOD - An Officer and a Gentleman
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2009, 09:00:55 AM »

...-Although, I would have liked two patties of their homemade sausage instead of one.

How unsensible!

Ginny

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2009, 09:03:15 AM »

...-Although, I would have liked two patties of their homemade sausage instead of one.

How unsensible!

I would have asked to substitute an additional sausage patty for the grits.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2009, 09:03:38 AM »

DR George - Is Wicked still in town this week/end?  If so, you might be able to ask for "post-dated" seating. Some of the Broadway houses have started doing this in order to make sure that the seats are filled - and that the audiences members are kept happy.  Since most of the houses use computerized box office systems, they are able to tell when tickets have been bought, but not used.  So, if someone happened to miss a show due to a travel issue or sickness, they will, depending on availability, allow people to use their "old" tickets to get into another performance.  They may not get the same "quality" of seats, but at least they still get to see the show.  So, if Wicked is still in your neck of the woods this week, and you happen to find the tickets, it might be worth calling the box office directly to see if there is anyway they can accommodate you and your family.
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2009, 09:04:04 AM »

I did make it to the Hominy Grill this morning for breakfast.  I ended up sitting outside under the awning - the rain had stopped, and since it was packed inside, it was also a bit noisy.  I had a very basic Southern breakfast: two eggs, sausage, hominy grits, a "Mile High" biscuit, mixed berry jam (raspberry, blackberry and blueberry), and some coffee.  It was a good breakfast, but it did remind that I was not eating a NYC diner breakfast: it was a very sensible portion. ;) -Although, I would have liked two patties of their homemade sausage instead of one.

Thank You For Your Breakfast re-cap

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2009, 09:04:37 AM »

How unsensible!

I would have asked to substitute an additional sausage patty for the grits.

I was just happy that the "Mile High" biscuit was an even swap-out for the toast that is supposed to come with the breakfast platters.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2009, 09:07:35 AM »

You're very welcome.  Pictures to follow sometime in the next 24-36 hours.

*However, in the meantime, you can also check out my iPhone/TwitPic photo of this morning's breakfast HERE.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2009, 09:11:47 AM »

I'm sort of more interested in what soundtrack music made you go wow for the very first time - when seeing a movie.

Topic of the Day:  for me, it was "Star Wars" by John Williams.  Definitely. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2009, 09:12:26 AM »

I had steel-cut oatmeal with maple syrup and a banana, in case you want to know.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2009, 09:12:55 AM »

And HERE is the Mile High biscuit in question - well, maybe more like a "Half-A-Mile High" biscuit.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2009, 09:14:26 AM »

Zach's drum teacher is the pit drummer for Portland's WICKED.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2009, 09:16:12 AM »

DR Laura (and DR Sandra) - One of the classic French omelets has a filling of neufchatel - basically light cream cheese - with or without asparagus or some other vegetable.  There is no need to put it into a Magic Bullet.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2009, 09:16:55 AM »

OK... Time to get some work done.  Finally.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2009, 09:17:56 AM »

I used PayPal's quick and easy Multi-Order shipping to print out a label for DAW this morning and then discovered I have no tape to affix it to the package.  So, DAW, hopefully today, if not, tomorrow.  I promise, promise.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up