Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: A PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIC WITH ADOLESCENT TENDENCIES  (Read 27581 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: A PARANOID SCHIZOPHRENIC WITH ADOLESCENT TENDENCIES
« Reply #270 on: April 13, 2009, 10:39:21 PM »

DR Ron Pulliam - Was the term "chits" short for something else? An acronym possibly?  -I'm just trying to remember if I ever heard that term when I worked at Coast Guard HQ, and had to process and file the paperwork for billet changes.

And you may have mentioned this before, but... How long did you end up staying in US Navy?  -And was there a possibility of being drafted into the Marines (instead of the Navy) at the time?  And do you still keep in touch with some of your fellow enlisted personnel and officers?

And, yes, that is a great story.

I believe the term "chit", as used in the Navy during my 23 1/2 years in it, was basically the noun definition of a short official note.  The special request "chits" we used could be applied to official requests for leave, vacation, or other things such as my change of rating request.

Actually, only the U.S. Army "drafted".  The Navy, Air Force,  Marine Corps and Coast Guard benefitted from volunteers (especially during times of the draft).

I am in touch with a number of former colleagues in the Navy, as well as from other branches of service.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #271 on: April 13, 2009, 10:42:25 PM »

HACKER: I WAS BEHIND AMAZON GAY BOOK DELISTING

A cautionary tale about taking Blogs and Twitter as gospel.

der Brucer

I'm glad that I didn't tell anyone at my work.  That could've created a bit of a panic. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #272 on: April 13, 2009, 10:49:00 PM »

I'm trying to catch up on the notes but I'm so tired , I'm moving like a snail.

TCB sorry about the mix up, I was in a hurry and not thinking.  (Peeps)

Amazon.com,  bite me.

Michael S., never saw the latte boy video before, thanks.

Ron Pulliam,  I liked your story too.

I'm still only on page 4 from today.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #273 on: April 13, 2009, 11:01:25 PM »

I'll try to reread the last 6 pages from today, tomarrow.
I'm really tired.

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #274 on: April 13, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »

My first year of highschool had our older friends coming back from Vietnam and committing suicide.  That was my introduction to the war.  My boyfriend all during those 3 years had two older brothers.  Terry died playing Russian roulette when he came back from Vietnam,  Dinny who served as a medic in Vietnam is only alive because he covered himself with dead soldiers during a raid.  Many more stories but not the place to tell them. 

Sam

« Reply #275 on: April 13, 2009, 11:11:33 PM »

Goodnight everyone,  till Tuesday.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #276 on: April 13, 2009, 11:48:42 PM »

All caught up with the posts, just in the nick of time as it's getting late.  I have nothing else to say.

George

« Reply #277 on: April 13, 2009, 11:57:56 PM »

Well, my audition for "Romeo and Juliet" earlier this evening went well.  I did cold readings (they supplied the excerpts).  The first was a speech for Juliet  professing her love for Romeo. ;) The director (Chris, who played Petruchio in 'The Taming of the Shrew" that I did two years ago) had me read it again in a slightly different way, and then I read it for a third time after a little more direction (it was all of about 30 seconds long).  Then, he had me read another speech (for Juliet's father, I think) and he asked me to read it with rage.  I think I was rage-ful...I certainly read it differently than the first excerpt (I can show range).  Chris thanked me and said that they will let everyone know one way or the other by Wednesday morning for call-backs that night.  So, we'll see. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #278 on: April 14, 2009, 12:00:01 AM »

I'm now watching "Castle."  It's a fun show. :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up