Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW BEAUTIFUL THE DAYS  (Read 19570 times)

Cillaliz

Re: HOW BEAUTIFUL THE DAYS
« Reply #270 on: April 21, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »

They announced the 2009-2010 Broadway at the Orpheum  season. It's the following

CRY BABY
WIZARD OF OZ
RAIN
DROWSY CHAPERONE
AVENUE Q
and CATS (apparently this was supposed to be MOVIN OUT, but the tour was cancelled.)

Don't know quite what I think of it. They are all one nighters and apparently The Wizard of Oz is the only equity tour.  I didn't know there was going to be an equity tour of Wizard of Oz

Cillaliz

« Reply #271 on: April 21, 2009, 09:41:26 PM »

I did buy a ticket for 4 of the shows (all but RAIN and CATS). Has anyone seen RAIN?  Is it worth seeing? I should add that I'm really sickof the 60s and 70s right now. of course that could change between now and then

Cillaliz

« Reply #272 on: April 21, 2009, 09:42:13 PM »

VIBES TO ALL WHO NEED THEM ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #273 on: April 21, 2009, 09:42:23 PM »

Night

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #274 on: April 21, 2009, 10:20:09 PM »

Back from the commentary session and have finally answered all e-mails and whatnot.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #275 on: April 21, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »

It was F 91 degrees in Oakland today.

There's not a breeze stirring tonight, either.

I've got FOUR (count 'em FOUR [4]) fans going in my bedroom right now.

It's tolerable enough,  I reckon.  I should manage to sleep well enough.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #276 on: April 21, 2009, 10:56:24 PM »

Jose:

Has AT THE RIALTO ever been recorded?

I don't believe it has. However, Karen Akers' last cabaret show, "Move On", closed with "At the Rialto", and  she also has a Kander & Ebb show too - and I believe a recording is in the works for either show.

Many many moons ago, back before his ever lovin' Joe, or my Vixdad ever appeared on the scene  WFO took me to see Karen Akers (this was back before she appeared in the original Broadway Cast of  NINE ) in a cabaret wher she sang a song he had translated for her

My faulty brain cannot now remember the song (could it be Fly to Caraccas?) and what languages he translated it from and to but I remember her wonderful voice and the great show she put on.

WFO has introduced me to many a wonderful thing over the years, including this here site!

How very surprising this is.  It's NEWS to me, it is.  And yet, it's great.  That's GREAT.  I don't believe I'd ever have even guessed it if you hadn't said this.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]   Go Up