Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MERRY MONTH OF MAY  (Read 13237 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: THE MERRY MONTH OF MAY
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »

Quoth BK in the notes:

I must say. I got up and did the long jog, then had to go look at an item. It has become increasingly clear to me that I may need such an item in the very near future for reasons beyond my control. So, I began doing my research for said item and it was very interesting.

Will BK soon be packing heat?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

François

« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2009, 03:38:00 PM »

I am listening to "Naked Boys Singing."

Me; I'd rather watch ....
But that's only me! :D

Kerry

« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2009, 03:57:50 PM »

Here's another post-- just doing my bit.
I like boat races.

FJL

« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2009, 04:19:25 PM »

It was like stereo - Lou Dobbs was saying "Shocking" at the very moment i was reading BK's post with the word "Shocking."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2009, 04:21:55 PM »

I got a clean bill of health for my colonoscopy. He asked me to come back in 3 years. After that, I took the crosstown 96th Street bus to the West Side and transferred to the downtown at Columbus Avenue. Stopped at the post office at 68th Strret and mailed my packages, then walked over to my pharmacy at 68th and amsterdam for my meds.  I got back here to pick up the mail and finish my edits on my Main Report for Babes In Toyland.

I've just returned from my walk; the rain happened about an hour ago but the air is quite moist and great to walk through. It's a nice,cool evening and I'm not complaining. I think I'll work for a while on Moross' Suite from "The Cardinal." I'd like to finish it over the weekend and send the corrections to the copyist and an invoice to be paid.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2009, 04:23:34 PM »

I very much enjoyed listening to THE THREEPENNY OPERA cd and was pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of a song that was omitted from the original LP.  However, I'm not wild about how some of it sounds.  While all of the vocals are very clear and appropriately front and center, a lot of the music is very low and sounds as part of the orchestra was playing from the next room.  I guess a lot of the problem is due to the horrible SQ audio process that the original LP was recorded in.  But wouldn't that just have something to do with the mixing?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2009, 04:24:39 PM »

I got a clean bill of health for my colonoscopy. He asked me to come back in 3 years. After that, I took the crosstown 96th Street bus to the West Side and transferred to the downtown at Columbus Avenue. Stopped at the post office at 68th Strret and mailed my packages, then walked over to my pharmacy at 68th and amsterdam for my meds.  I got back here to pick up the mail and finish my edits on my Main Report for Babes In Toyland.

I've just returned from my walk; the rain happened about an hour ago but the air is quite moist and great to walk through. It's a nice,cool evening and I'm not complaining. I think I'll work for a while on Moross' Suite from "The Cardinal." I'd like to finish it over the w
eekend and send the corrections to the copyist and an invoice to be paid.

Great news

Keep it up
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2009, 04:25:09 PM »

Now I hate to ask it

Who exactly was Danny Gans?
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2009, 04:27:51 PM »

DR Elmore, congrats on your clean colon!  I'm due to have mine checked this year, too.  I have entered the contest on CBS.com to have it done by the Colonoscopist of the Stars.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2009, 04:29:03 PM »

It was like stereo - Lou Dobbs was saying "Shocking" at the very moment i was reading BK's post with the word "Shocking."

That happens to me a LOT.  Spooky!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »

I am listening to "Naked Boys Singing."

Me; I'd rather watch ....
But that's only me! :D

No...it's not only you.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

François

« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2009, 04:30:17 PM »

"Clean Colon" sounds like the title to a song from The First Nudie Musical, doesn't it?! ;)

George

« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2009, 04:30:38 PM »

I got some packages today, including a pretty fabulously fabulous original window card from the estate of David Klein, the window card's artist - for the original B'way production of The Music Man - amazingly beautiful and came with a Certificate that it's from the estate of the artist.  This was originally on eBay for a really expensive price.  It didn't sell, so they relisted with a pretty low starting bid for something of this vintage with this provenance.   I wrote them and asked what price it would take to shut down the auction and sell to me - they were cagey and wanted to see the auction through because they really thought they'd get a lot more than their opening bid.  In the end, I put my top bid in as a proxy and I won it for only $75 over the opening bid.  They could have done much better had they suggested a number to me and shut the auction down, as I was willing to go at least $150 higher.  My good, their bad, my window card.  Since it's one of the three B'way window cards I'd ever care to own, I'd say I got an amazing deal.  This same artist did The Most Happy Fella, too, and they were selling a one-sheet style, which was great, but which went for over $1200, and then a window card that just wasn't in great shape, but even that went for over $1000.  So, I got the bargain of bargains on this.

Congrats on the deal, BK!

George

« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2009, 04:31:27 PM »

I got a clean bill of health for my colonoscopy.

Glad everything came out all right, Elmore!

;D

François

« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2009, 04:33:13 PM »

I've just returned from my walk; the rain happened about an hour ago but the air is quite moist and great to walk through. It's a nice,cool evening and I'm not complaining. I think I'll work for a while on Moross' Suite from "The Cardinal." I'd like to finish it over the w
eekend and send the corrections to the copyist and an invoice to be paid.

Great news

Keep it up

You mean ... the colon?! :o ;)

François

« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2009, 04:35:18 PM »

DR Elmore, congrats on your clean colon!  I'm due to have mine checked this year, too.  I have entered the contest on CBS.com to have it done by the Colonoscopist of the Stars.

You mean ... Stars have colons too?!

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2009, 04:38:36 PM »

Zachary Quinto looks like he has an abnormally huge head in the suit he wore to the STAR TREK premier.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2009, 04:44:17 PM »

Triton Galleries did a lot of repros of classic window cards from B'way shows - they're very nice, but as Ron points out, they're not quite the same as the original vintage ones and this one in particular has retained all of it's very saturated colors (nothing like the old silk-screening process and the really thick card stock they used back then).

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #138 on: May 01, 2009, 04:50:26 PM »

LOL Ron.  The more I thought about Amy not caring about money & how she enjoyed the simple life she grew up with, she really should have married John.

What did you think of Laura Linney's "dramatics".  Keith kept asking WHY she kept turning to the side. ;)

I felt really sorry for John.  But....whatchagonnaDO?!?!?!

As for Linney, I wasn't paying attention to her. I was probably grabbing some last-minute snack or something while she was talking each week.

;D

Lucky you missing Linney :)

Jane

« Reply #139 on: May 01, 2009, 04:53:28 PM »

20 years ago, day for day, I was part of the opening crew (Cast member, in Disney lingo) for the Grand Opening of the Disney Studio theme park in Florida; more precisely, the Backstage Studio Tour whose entrance looked exactly like that (See picture)

http://land.allears.net/blogs/andreamckenna/mgm5a.jpg

In fact, it could almost be me on that picture near the sign on the right and with the red shirt. I think I know who that is but I can't remember the fellow's name!

20 years ago!

I thought you HAD to know! :D

An interesting bit of your history :)  Thank you.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: May 01, 2009, 04:56:03 PM »

GREAT NEWS DR ELMORE!

Bruce, congrats on your latest addition to your collection :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2009, 04:57:13 PM »

Swine flu prevention....what should Adults sign while they wash their hands?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103576804

Assuming you meant to type "sing" instead of "sign", but certainly not "certain" because we may have folks who need to "sign" something while washing their hands, I think "Happy Talk" would be a good song to sign or sing!

Yes I meant sing.

Jane

« Reply #142 on: May 01, 2009, 04:58:39 PM »

Now I hate to ask it

Who exactly was Danny Gans?

I believe he was very popular in Vegas:
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0304523/

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: May 01, 2009, 04:59:14 PM »

Swine flu prevention....what should Adults sign while they wash their hands?

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103576804

This morning I read to sing Happy Birthday. 

Twice.  But I sort of like the idea of a line of people in a public restroom singing Bohemian Rhapsody...LOL

François

« Reply #144 on: May 01, 2009, 04:59:45 PM »

20 years ago, day for day, I was part of the opening crew (Cast member, in Disney lingo) for the Grand Opening of the Disney Studio theme park in Florida; more precisely, the Backstage Studio Tour whose entrance looked exactly like that (See picture)

http://land.allears.net/blogs/andreamckenna/mgm5a.jpg

In fact, it could almost be me on that picture near the sign on the right and with the red shirt. I think I know who that is but I can't remember the fellow's name!

20 years ago!

I thought you HAD to know! :D

An interesting bit of your history :)  Thank you.

Thank you too!

I knew that if only one would react to my post ... it would be you! :-* ;D

------

Of course, I can't "compete" with elmore's colon!! :D
I guess i am just a fart!! :o 8)

Jane

« Reply #145 on: May 01, 2009, 05:01:32 PM »

Sherlock had a chance to visit with his biological parents & sister.  I wish I had pulled the camera out sooner & taken photos with his mother & sister.  At least we got some with his father who he favors the most. 

Jane

« Reply #146 on: May 01, 2009, 05:03:07 PM »

We didn't get a good shot of them both looking at us, Jones was looking at the breeder.  I kept telling her to stand next to me.

François

« Reply #147 on: May 01, 2009, 05:05:28 PM »

Zachary Quinto looks like he has an abnormally huge head in the suit he wore to the STAR TREK premier.

Well, I know how hard that word is for you in the States, because it is French. Even on official documents they often make the mistake too!

It's "première"..... It's feminine; une première. La première de la pièce!

I am aware that "premier" is pronouced "premiere" in English, since you tend to pronounce all letters ... but "premier" in French sounds like "premié"; the"r" is mute!

Class dismissed!  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: May 01, 2009, 05:05:36 PM »

Sherlock had a chance to visit with his biological parents & sister.  I wish I had pulled the camera out sooner & taken photos with his mother & sister.  At least we got some with his father who he favors the most. 

OMG!! You mean....you're not really Sherlock's mother!  I'm shocked ;)

Great photo, btw
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 05:16:49 PM by Cillaliz »

Jane

« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2009, 05:15:07 PM »

LOL-Cilla.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up