Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: SHAKING THINGS UP  (Read 48213 times)

td

• td
Re:SHAKING THINGS UP
« Reply #210 on: March 17, 2004, 09:11:31 PM »

Fro our ASK BK day, I  have decided to inquire if Mr. Kimmel would care to share any anecdotes about the recording of Helen Reddy's "Center Stage" cd?
I went on a Reddy kick after watching her in the second AIRPORT movie; tonight, I actually watched all of PETE'S DRAGON, with fond memories of having seen it in its initial release at Radio City Music Hall.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #211 on: March 17, 2004, 09:21:48 PM »

. . .maybe Mr. Kimmel would like to share anecdotes about David Lean, Sarah Miles and Christopher Jones. . . . . :-X

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #212 on: March 17, 2004, 09:21:57 PM »

Hey, Dan the Man - did you see on ratm that our favorite Idiot called Larry David an anti-semite?  He goes on about how he wouldn't think CYE's doing The Producers would be funny - this he says without having seen the show.  And, of course, one would have to have a sense of humor which Mr. Newport sorely lacks.

I've been trying to abstain from even lurking at ratm for the past week (I should have given that up for Lent!), so I didn't see this recent episode of idiocy.  I'm not at all surprised that he doesn't watch or get CYE.  He's incapable of understanding any humor that's been written since 1970.

Ya, know, he's the only human being (and I use that term loosely) who I actually can't wait until he croaks.  Not only am I planning to head down to Florida to dance on his grave, I will personally perform every single number from The Producers (possible with a chorus accompanying me, since there will be so many others waiting to join in.)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #213 on: March 17, 2004, 09:25:32 PM »

And I am a gay confirmed theatre guy, who watches a lot of ESPN and FSN and has even considered writing to the Pope regarding sainthood for his beloved Mariners.

You'd be wasting your time, DR TCB.  From what I understand, he's a Brewers' fan.  >:(
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #214 on: March 17, 2004, 09:26:20 PM »

*I'm still trying to figure out the latest fad of horseradish encrusted salmon.  Just doesn't work all that well for me.
Horseradish encrusted tofu?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #215 on: March 17, 2004, 09:30:57 PM »

You'd be wasting your time, DR TCB.  From what I understand, he's a Brewers' fan.  >:(
The Pope has a thing for Teresa Brewer?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

td

• td
« Reply #216 on: March 17, 2004, 09:40:29 PM »

The Pope has a thing for Teresa Brewer?

Something wrong with Teresa Brewer? !?! ?! ?! ?! ?!
(said in best Miss Mazeppa voice)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: March 17, 2004, 09:42:11 PM »

Helen was fine.  Not my fave of people I've worked with, but we had a good time.  She's very randy, and she liked Vinnie in a way that made poor Vinnie a bit uncomfortable.  He kept saying, "Why can't Rebecca Luker or Alice Ripley like me in that way?".  I do love Helen's voice, though, and I think the CD is pretty good.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #218 on: March 17, 2004, 09:49:27 PM »

Good day today: Got a new purse and the new Josh Groban CD (I know...I'm weak) at Target. THen Subway, then rehearsal. We danced today, and the choreographer kept using me as an example, which made me feel good about the work I had put into this stupid dance. It isn't even hard, it's just a lot of jerky movements that people were getting sloppy on.

OH, and here's something I hadn't mentioned here: My brother finally broke up with the witch (!!!!!!). It's amazing the overall change that he's gone through since then. He was kind of depressed for the first two weeks, and actually went to see a counselor about it. It turns out that she cheated on him repeatedly with a 28 year old, and had been lying to him about a lot of stuff (liike how she quit school, and was sleeping with everyone). This crushed him, he truly loved her. But now that the depression has passed, he's a 100% different person. I had found myself not liking him over the past two years, he was a jerk to our whole family. Now, he's so nice, and relaxed, and helpful. He's a BROTHER. It's shocking and wonderful.

So, today I ran by Petsmart to get some stuff, and who do I run into, but the witch (Who works there). She looked at me awkwardly and said "Hi Sarah!" and I looked at her and said, "Oh! Arianne! I've been meaning to talk to you! I just wanted to thank you for giving me my brother back. You know, he's a lot nicer when you aren't there. The rest of the family, and all of his friends think so too. Hmm. Anyway, see you later!"

While that may sound mean, that was 2 years of pent up loathing coming out, and if I told you some of the stuff she had done, you'd have done the same thing (Maya can vouch for this). She never liked me anyway, and repeatedly told my brother so. I walked out of there on top of the world. It was theraputic.

Well I have to wake up in about 6 hours, so I'm turning in. Loooong day tomorrow, we have our District festival on Saturday for Chorus, and my teacher is in panic-mode. Pray that I don't die!

-Swish-
...Walk in the sunshine...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #219 on: March 17, 2004, 10:09:43 PM »

And I am a gay confirmed theatre guy, who watches a lot of ESPN and FSN and has even considered writing to the Pope regarding sainthood for his beloved Mariners.

By the way, Jed, we are on for a game this summer.  I was going to say, that's a date, but I knew that someone would make something rude out of that.

Someone?

That's your specialty!  Nobody's going to compete with you there!

:)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 10:43:36 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #220 on: March 17, 2004, 10:10:28 PM »

Wheww! 8 pages of posts! I was E&T all day hosting my Toronto guest. She and I went to the Getty, among other things. You need a few days there, not a few hours. The new photo exhibit ("Genius") is truly incredible. Some of my favorite photographs as well as some I've never seen before. What a treat!

Dan-in-TO - Great that you went to the Coffee Mill. I love that place.
And thank you for doing the true and right thing. Chicken Paprikas, I mean. You are a true gentleman.

bk - Fabulous Nudie poster.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #221 on: March 17, 2004, 10:14:11 PM »

"American Idol" -- I cannot believe Jennifer was in the bottom two while Camille was left sitting with the others.

I'm going to have to give extra votes to some folks, I guess.

It would be far better if we WERE actually voting someone OUT rather than voting for our favorites.  

And GOOD ON SIMON for correcting himself about La Toya's and John's performances last night.  After seeing what "we" saw, he found their performances lacking.

I want La Toya to do well more than anyone...she's an Oakland girl!!!  But if she doesn't cut it, she needs to hear it.

The ousted finalist was no surprise!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Panni

« Reply #222 on: March 17, 2004, 10:17:24 PM »

Wheel of Fortune news: My daughter has made it into the finals! She has the final audition/game in San Fran on April 3rd.
Please send good vibes.

The only downside of this is that the gift she got me for my birthday was buying herself a ticket to visit LA for Passover. She was supposed to arrive on April 2. The audition date can't be changed. We'll see what happens...
If she gets on Wheel and wins enough to pay for her college education, that wouldn't be a bad b-day present.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 10:20:28 PM by Panni »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #223 on: March 17, 2004, 10:44:24 PM »

Wheel of Fortune news: My daughter has made it into the finals! She has the final audition/game in San Fran on April 3rd.
Please send good vibes.

Congratulations to your Dear Daughter Rachel!!
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~[/move]
[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOOD VIBES!![/move]
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~[/move]

I have some words of advice.  If you're gay, and you live anywhere near these freaks, move.

I disagree.  I'm generally not crazy about the idea of gentrification, but this town sounds like the idea place to organize and create a gay community.  Either set an example for these people and show them they have nothing to fear or hate, or drive up the property values sky-high and force the yahoos to vacate further up the hills.  Avoidence of confrontation is not a good option.

Or better yet, a whole bunch of gay people should move in and take over!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2004, 10:45:24 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #224 on: March 17, 2004, 11:19:45 PM »

Well, that's easier said than done.   :-\

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #225 on: March 17, 2004, 11:37:10 PM »

I will post more tomorrow, but just wanted to say that i'm eight chapters in to Krizter Time, and I'm loving it!  The first two books were a delight, and the third is proving to be a worthy successor.  Now I must get to bed before my head explodes

Laura II

« Reply #226 on: March 17, 2004, 11:38:35 PM »

I've spent the majority of the night talking to a boy, so please forgive me for sitting here for a long time without posting!

Sarah, I'm so happy your brother and the beast broke up! I'm very glad to hear that you're becoming closer. After four years of "knowing" him, it is great to hear that he is happy! Maybe he and Erica will get together...?

A brief ending to my story from last night:

I bounced back and forth between liking and loathing my job. At times, my boss would annoy me when his only constructive criticism for kids was "and with confidence, the volume will come." I would address the topic of dynamics a bit after he finished his spiel, saying that not everyone has the ability to sing as loudly as the next person can. Also, some of the beauty of artistic styling lies in the fact that one doesn't have to sing everything forte. I made my point, and a few weeks later, he said that I basically have full control over the program. He is officially there for legal reasons only.

The showcases went extremely well even though I was quite frazzled. I not only had to worry about my actual classes, I also had to be on book for the drama kids and actual do little voiceovers in a few scenes. Still, everything paid off when parents came up to me after the 10-12 year old kids' showcase and gave me a variety of compliments. One mother requested "more voice, less drama!" A fellow teacher told me my kids seemed to be the most prepared out of all the disciplines. A couple told me that they were definitely signing their son up for class again, and the husband told me my enthusiasm for the arts was infectious. Overall, it was great, and I truly can't wait for classes to resume on Friday!

Oh, one last thing: After the family mentioned above left, the husband returned minutes later. He had a pink sheet of paper in his hand. Walking up to me, he asked, "Do you know this name?" On the paper: "B---- S----" (Funny how her initials are BS.) Basically, the old voice teacher plastered every car windshield with info about her new private voice lessons. The man thought I should know and left the paper with me. I just laughed, thinking it was pretty tacky.

To answer Sarah's questions:
What is your favorite...
Color: PINK! hot pink especially
Sport: I don't play any sports, but I love men's basketball and soccer.
Song: I can't just choose one! Right now, it's "I am Longing" from Maury Yeston's December Songs .
Month(s): December and June
Day of the Week: Thursday
Musical: I can't choose!
Clothing Item: anything from Express, my favorite store
Location(s): Manhattan and Philly!
Movie: right now, 10 Things I Hate about You
Food: my grandma's chicken soup with escarole and little meatballs
Drink(s): cherry coke and water
Thing that Relaxes You: singing

"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Panni

« Reply #227 on: March 17, 2004, 11:47:10 PM »

Thanks for the good wishes for DD, DR George.

'Night, all.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up