Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: HIGH DEFINITION  (Read 14485 times)

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
Re: HIGH DEFINITION
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2009, 08:47:11 AM »

This might be old news to some of you, but I've just been informed that the Columbia House DVD Club is closing at the end of this year.
You can dream…or you can do.

DAW

« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2009, 08:52:28 AM »

My House of Flowers arrived at My House Today.

DITTO!!!!      :D

Jennifer

« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2009, 08:58:19 AM »

re: last night's AMERICAN IDOL

one two three four one two three four one two three four one two three four
I was actually pretty surprised that danny is out. It was quite interesting how they
said kris was safe. And then had it down to adam and danny (who most people
assumed would be F2).  I think danny peaked too early. I predicted he would
win for a while. I am pretty surprised that kris has so many fans. i've not heard
anyone say he was their fav. I think this will make it an easy win for adam. So i am
fine with that. one two three four one two three four blah blah blah blah blah

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2009, 08:58:30 AM »

BK, if we ordered House of Flowers with Tom Jones, will they both be here today (or this week)?  Or is Tom Jones not ready yet?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2009, 09:01:57 AM »

re: last night's LOST

DR MattH, when you were asking who was with ben (locke guy). I was also wondering
if you meant who exactly he was. Or if you wanted the same answer DR JMK gave (that
it was the guy we saw talking with jacob at the beginning). Jacob said that guy
 needed to find a way to kill him. And so at the end when jacob said, "so you found
a way". IT was clear it was the same guy. But i also have no idea who he is. I
 wonder if juliet is dead (hope not). Interesting how jacob met all the castaways
 off-island! Good episode. Although i had a bit of overload after watching both
 America's Next Top Model and American Idol first! blah blah blah blah blah blah

td

• td
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2009, 09:17:47 AM »

I dreamed of the statue and what lies in its shadow.  Also about lies told in its shadow.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2009, 09:21:19 AM »

Tom Jones will either be here tomorrow or Monday morning - either way, it's not going out until Monday as we haven't even begun addressing the packages yet, so Monday morning they'll ship for sure.

Ben

« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2009, 09:25:42 AM »

I looked in the mail basket at the office and now flowers and no House of Flowers either. I shall check tomorrow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2009, 09:29:34 AM »

I'm up, and thanks for the blur information.  I have an LED not LCD, but I'm sure they're similar.  Interestingly, as I said, the store player said 1080p at 60hz, my home one says 1080p at 24hz, but I was told that the store player was on its factory settings - since I haven't changed anything on mine, they, too, should be on the factory settings - I think I'll call Samsung.  And yes, the new TVs have that motion blur thing at 120hz for smooth motion.  But there is definitely blur and SOME images - which I did not see in the store at all, but then maybe the test discs they were using didn't show blur as much.  At home here, sometimes it's the entire right side of the screen from top to bottom, and sometimes it's at the top or bottom of the screen all the way across.  Again, it's really sporadic and only lasts a second.  None of the Blu-Rays I've looked at had what I would call film look, no matter how old the film.  They all look like they were shot yesterday with a hi-def camera - it's amazingly sharp, though.  I had one of the settings on "movie" instead of standard, but all that did was make the image darker and more yellow - as you know, I don't cotton to yellow. 

MattH, can you talk me through changing the 120hz to whatever you think will make it look more like film - just so I can see the difference.  And also anything else I should be doing, like whether keeping the 24hz or changing to 60hz and how to do that.

For Druxy, I'll be interested to hear what he has to say when he watches a Blu-Ray disc because he has the same TV as me and I'm sure he hasn't futzed with the settings.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2009, 09:29:52 AM »

Must now go do an early errand and then perhaps do the long jog.

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2009, 09:35:15 AM »

TOD:

The mid to late 1950s are my favorite era for clothing of both men and women.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2009, 09:36:59 AM »

Jrand - have Adam e-mail me.

Kerry

« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2009, 09:48:30 AM »

Good morning all you hep (and hip) cats!
I like boat races.

Miss Karen

« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2009, 10:02:14 AM »

TOD:

Ditto on the 50s!

Such a classy look for both men and women -- something about folks in hats, tailored suits, gloves, etc. -- and the dresses were so flattering to a woman's figure, making the waist look tiny. 

JMK

« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2009, 10:09:25 AM »

What do you Lost-o-philes make of Jacob reading Flannery O'Connor?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Miss Karen

« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2009, 10:10:13 AM »

Opening night, so lots of last minute things to do, so no time to play. Press night went well on Monday night, so we're hoping for a strong start out of the gate (with no fade on the final turn) --  a Preakness metaphor ...

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »

TOD - the late 1950's - think Doris Day and Rock Hudson in PILLOW TALK.....going into the early 1960's...think MAD MEN.....

That time period is probably my favorite as far as the cuts of men's suits are concerned.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2009, 10:14:34 AM »

"LOST" SPOILERS

You may all thank me later for my correct prediction vis a vis Lost's finale.

I think I'm starting to see through the show's machinations at a higher rate than I used to--I also guessed early into the episode what was in "the box."

So who's that with Ben?

Well we know it's the guy in the prelude, but as to whom exactly that is, I have no clew.  :)[/size]

Dkdkjljkl;;lkajdf;lk jasdfjjkfsda;lkja;lkj ;sdafkjlafsklj;lkj ;lkjfdjkldsfjklfdsjkl;af;kljadfkjsafdj;lk I think it may be correct to presume -- given what we learned last night -- that many apparitions seen over the years MAY have been "the other" guy....Christian, for instance....possibly Hurley's visions of Charly and Mr. Eko...and, more importantly, the vision Ben had of his daughter...may VERY well have been "the other guy".   I think these two new characters in the mix are going to make the final season extremely interesting.   I wonder how far the creators will go with these guys....Jacob and this "other guy" are like yin and yang...and in the opening segment, Jacob told the other guy that he would have to find a loophole....and near the end, Jacob looked at John and said, "You finally found your loophole."  So...!!!!  Dkdjkl;jjk fjlkakjla;lkj ;lkajdsfklj fdsakjl;lkj;lkajs f;kjasfdlkjasdf;lkj; laksjdf;lkjasdf ;lkjfsadjklsadfkljfdsaljka;lkfj; lkdsafkjl

End SPOILER
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:20:24 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2009, 10:16:28 AM »

I love to sing-a!
About the June-a
And the moon-a
And the Darna!
I love to sing-a!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2009, 10:22:51 AM »

"LOST" SPOILAGE

You may all thank me later for my correct prediction vis a vis Lost's finale.

I think I'm starting to see through the show's machinations at a higher rate than I used to--I also guessed early into the episode what was in "the box."

Dkdkljlkj flkja;lkfj;l kj;lkajsdf;lkjasd;lfkj;lkasjdf;lkjasdf;lk sgda jas;lkfj ;lkasjdf;l kjasd;lfkj ;lkjsalkj asf;lkjasdf;lkj ;lkja;l kjasd;lfk jas;lkfj a;slkfj;lkjasdflkj ;aljkf ;lkjasdf; lkasjdf ;laksj We may thank you later?  For...? Guessing what most of us expected would happen?   :D   I think every fan of "Lost" believed the bomb would be used.    Now if you really want to exploit your "see-through-the-show's-machinations", give us an accurate prediction of the aftermath.   Given the nature of the anomaly that was released, the actual effect of Juliet's triggering of the bomb isn't known yet.  It may be that one cancelled out the other.  Oh!  The joys of speculation.   Dldklj ;lj;l kjasdfklj;adsf;lkjas;lkfj ;l;l kajsdfouihawpguhl;kjsgajhas;lkjas;dlfkj as;ldfj a;lskjf ;lkrtwh;lkjfj ;lajDAW is really Singdaw but he disquises that fact by wearing different glasses. lkjlkj a;lkj aslkdfj ;lkj

;)

END SPOILAGE

SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE
SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE SPOILAGE
The trouble with speculating about LOST is that I am NEVER right!  But if I did speculate, I think the next season will open with everyone living their lives as if the plane had never crashed.  But slowly they each begin to feel that something is not right or they will be approached by someone who still remembers what happened.  Eventually, some will return to the island to face off with Mr Not-Locke.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2009, 10:23:53 AM »

See the trailer for the movie version of Nine HERE.    :D

This does look interesting even if it does look a little bit too much like the CHICAGO movie.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2009, 10:29:52 AM »

re: last night's LOST
DR MattH, when you were asking who was with ben (locke guy). I was also wondering
if you meant who exactly he was. Or if you wanted the same answer DR JMK gave (that
it was the guy we saw talking with jacob at the beginning). Jacob said that guy
 needed to find a way to kill him. And so at the end when jacob said, "so you found
a way". IT was clear it was the same guy. But i also have no idea who he is. I
 wonder if juliet is dead (hope not). Interesting how jacob met all the castaways
 off-island! Good episode. Although i had a bit of overload after watching both
 America's Next Top Model and American Idol first! blah blah blah blah blah blah

My heart dropped when Juliet fell down that well.  I suspected that something was going to happen to her when she had the only flashback in which Jacob did not appear.  I've really grown to like her character, even more than Kate, and I'll be sad if she is gone next season (she has supposedly signed up for the remake of V.)
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2009, 10:31:44 AM »

It makes me wonder why he didn't read it when it first came out.  He certainly was around then.
-- Anaïs Nin

td

• td
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2009, 10:45:56 AM »

See the trailer for the movie version of Nine HERE.    :D

This does look interesting even if it does look a little bit too much like the CHICAGO movie.

I'm astounded at Fergie's voice!
No denying that it sure does look like CHICAGO, though.  But, it also looks like a Fellini film and Daniel Day Lewis bears a passing resemblance to Marcello. . .
Sophia Loren looks stunning!  Va-va-va-voom!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JMK

« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2009, 10:53:53 AM »

It makes me wonder why he didn't read it when it first came out.  He certainly was around then.

Well, maybe he was rereading it outside of Locke's dad's apartment with a view.   ;D

FJL

« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2009, 10:54:26 AM »

Surprisingly, some tax May 15th deadline stuff to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »

Back from the errand and on the phone with Samsung's customer service - I would say that the man I'm talking to, while pleasant, knows basically nothing and is got me on hold while he's reading from the manual.  I would read from the manual but there is no manual - it's online somewhere or on some memory stick.

Laura

« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2009, 11:22:32 AM »

Good morning. It is almost afternoon, and I have nothing to say.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2009, 12:11:15 PM »

I am all alone here, so I guess I have nothing to say.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2009, 12:12:10 PM »

DR MBarnum - Hopefully, I'll come up with something tomorrow. -Now, if you'd like "legitimate" DVDs of some of the latest theatrical releases and/or some computer software, well... ;)

;D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up