Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: CURMUDGEON  (Read 29704 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re: CURMUDGEON
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2009, 10:30:39 AM »

TOD:  And, of course, what really irritates me the most is those people who necessitate my becoming a surly, ill-mannered, bad-tempered person.  I'd never have been able to do that without them.   ;D

And damn them all to hell for making me "be" that way!

That's the top reason I stopped posting at r.a.t.m.  I hated the way I became when I reacted to the hateful Steven Newport.

Ugh--even just typing his name make me want to slam his face into the pavement.

--See what I mean?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2009, 10:31:49 AM »

It has been written that if Jane Austen had been born about two centuries later, gone to Smith, and then palled around with Fran Lebowitz, chances are she'd have written like Elinor Lipman.  :)

is "palled around" a euphemism for certain preferences of Ms Lebowitz?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2009, 10:31:52 AM »

Page Five Mr. Grant Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2009, 10:34:40 AM »

TOD:  And, of course, what really irritates me the most is those people who necessitate my becoming a surly, ill-mannered, bad-tempered person.  I'd never have been able to do that without them.   ;D

That's the top reason I stopped posting at r.a.t.m.  I hated the way I became when I reacted to the hateful Steven Newport.

He is a hateful mess, isn't he? Along with the scourge of Manchester, Mr Farrow!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2009, 10:39:15 AM »

A friend once told me about a guy he dated who once went up to Fran Lebowitz at a party and said, "I love your writing--and your sister's photography!"
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2009, 10:39:42 AM »

You mean, being bitchy?     ;)     I certainly hope not!     :)

DAW

« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2009, 10:41:18 AM »

And speaking of Ed Asner, and the title o' the day:

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2009, 10:42:41 AM »

TOD:  And, of course, what really irritates me the most is those people who necessitate my becoming a surly, ill-mannered, bad-tempered person.  I'd never have been able to do that without them.   ;D

He is a hateful mess, isn't he? Along with the scourge of Manchester, Mr Farrow!

"Oh, and I read in The Times the other day--the REAL Times, of course, NOT the New York Times..."

Ass.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2009, 10:49:08 AM »

"Oh, and I read in The Times the other day--the REAL Times, of course, NOT the New York Times..."

Ass.

You mean, being bitchy?     ;)     I certainly hope not!     :)

Ms Austen can be quite bitchy in her writing. I was referring to sapphic rumors.

DAW

« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »

I was referring to sapphic rumors.

I know; I was just trying to be funny.  I guess I should hang up my proverbial tool belt.    :)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2009, 11:06:00 AM »

DR DAW, maybe if you tried uninstalling then reinstalling your printer all will be set to right.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2009, 11:07:51 AM »

Ugh--even just typing his name make me want to slam his face into the pavement.

--See what I mean?

STEVEN NEWPORT!  A name that makes my skin crawl.  Not one time did I ever go to that site that he didn't "own" 60% of all threads started and have something to say about the other 40%.  In my disgust over this, I tried to imagine him as some sad, disabled recluse with no friends or family who had only that site on which he could communicate.  I tried to imagine compassion for him.

And couldnt!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2009, 11:10:29 AM »

I know; I was just trying to be funny.  I guess I should hang up my proverbial tool belt.    :)

I understand they have made those "toolbelt problems" obsolete with a special garment that hides the crack.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DAW

« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2009, 11:11:27 AM »

Thanks, DR DtM.  It may come to that.  The Hewlett Packard printer software is so buggy that I hate to go that route, but I may have no other options.      :-\

Oh, and guess who picked out this piece-of-s@&t printer?

HINT:  not me!!    :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2009, 11:12:09 AM »

Nice to be here, if only for a brief moment. Depending on what happens today, I could be spending *a lot* more time here...

I have missed you!

Ditto.

And Penny-O, too

DAW

« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2009, 11:12:21 AM »

I love special garments.

And special varmints.

Not necessarily in that order.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2009, 11:21:09 AM »

Anyone here see the 70's revival?  I've heard awful stories about that one...

Yes, and, surprisingly, the creative folks made the production boring.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2009, 11:24:29 AM »

I went back to my old Lexmark printer even after I got a "free" HP printer with the new computer we got a few years ago.  The computer has been the most trouble free thing we've ever had (despite a certain propensity not to "stay" asleep), but that printer was the worst--slow, slow, slow and used incredible amounts of ink.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2009, 11:35:50 AM »

I want the truth; not debate.

Generally, Truth is subjective - honest debate is a way of helping an observer arrive at the Truth.

der Brucer

Note: What we get on TV is NOT honest debate.
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2009, 11:40:10 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I ended up taking a brief nap.  And then I finally drafted an email that needs to be sent out.  Hopefully, after the recipients read said email, they will not view me as being a "curmudgeon".  We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2009, 11:40:42 AM »

Well, DR DAW posted that tone generator thingy the other day, and now here's another "tone generator":

Audience Sounds

;)

*Some of the sounds are longer than others, so if you want them to stop, just push the button again.

The barfing one has come in very handy today. Thank you!

You're very welcome, DR edisaurus!
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2009, 11:44:31 AM »

I understand they have made those "toolbelt problems" obsolete with a special garment that hides the crack.

My brother, the carpenter, told me about shirts with extra long shirttails called "crack spackle".
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2009, 11:44:58 AM »

DR edisaurus - Btw, I can't remember if I've asked you this before, but just in case I haven't...

Have you been to Sublime Doughnuts down on 10th Street (right on the edge of Georgia Tech's campus) yet?  I've been hearing and reading many, many good things about the place and their doughnuts.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2009, 11:45:48 AM »

Well, DR DAW posted that tone generator thingy the other day, and now here's another "tone generator":

Audience Sounds

;)

*Some of the sounds are longer than others, so if you want them to stop, just push the button again.

LOL!  Or push all of them and keep pushing them!

Just don't develop carpal tunnel syndrome! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2009, 11:46:02 AM »

How did I miss that? I will investigate...
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2009, 11:47:29 AM »

As for Steven Newport - I think I can safely - and proudly(?) - state that I have never read a post by said cretin.  And if I have, it was sooooo long ago that I've forgotten the name and his offending posts.
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2009, 11:50:01 AM »

Since I'm so far behind (still can't figure out how to access the old notes) has anyone mentioned the new Sherman Brothers documentary? I'm dying to see it!

http://www.theboysdoc.com/

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2009, 11:50:49 AM »

Audience Sounds

;)

The barfing one has come in very handy today. Thank you!

Perhaps you can make a trade with BK for the Blu-ray disc of "The Reader".

I think that bk should either:

a) Find a way to deal with his emetophobia.

and/or

b) Put "The Reader" back in his BD player, and fast forward past the brief, upsetting scene.  Or just go to the scene menu, and start with the second or third scene.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2009, 11:54:40 AM »

Since I'm so far behind (still can't figure out how to access the old notes) has anyone mentioned the new Sherman Brothers documentary? I'm dying to see it!

http://www.theboysdoc.com/

I believe I mentioned it, but have yet to see it.  Although, I think I may be doing a double feature of it this weekend with "Every Little Step".

*However, since my sleep schedule seems to be still a bit "unpredictable", I'm a little wary of going to see a movie right now for fear of sleeping through it.  All that dark.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2009, 11:58:03 AM »

Thanks, DR DtM.  It may come to that.  The Hewlett Packard printer software is so buggy that I hate to go that route, but I may have no other options.      :-\

Oh, and guess who picked out this piece-of-s@&t printer?

HINT:  not me!!    :)

DR DAW - Did you recently install some other software on your computer that may have affected your printer settings? Have you tried printing from different programs? Do your pictures print backwards too?

Have you tried an old-fashioned "hard boot" yet?  Turn the printer off, disconnect the cable from the printer to the computer, unplug the computer from the wall, wait ten minutes... Turn computer off... Reconnect and plug printer back in... Turn computer on... Hope for the best.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13   Go Up