Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LAZIEST GUY IN TOWN  (Read 15931 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE LAZIEST GUY IN TOWN
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2009, 01:28:46 PM »

Does anyone know when My Life on The D list starts again (so i can try to figure out when it will air here)?

I love this show!

June 8th.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2009, 01:29:06 PM »

Page Four Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »

Summer really does feel like it's arrived three weeks early. The air is very warm and still, and it's starting to have that oppressive weight of a Southern summer.

Matt H.

« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2009, 01:31:44 PM »

I did watched FATAL ATTRACTION on Blu-ray this afternoon. I had forgotten several suspense scenes (the daughter taken from school and the frantic search for her resulting in an accident, for example). It's a grand thriller and seems utterly plausible when dealing with unbalanced individuals.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2009, 01:32:43 PM »

I had time to sample the director's audio commentary. Very interesting hearing his views on moments he thought worked or didn't work, shots he liked or would like to do over again. Good commentary.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2009, 01:33:24 PM »

DR George,

I did get your DVD-R put in the mail this afternoon, so look for it later this week.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2009, 01:34:41 PM »

I still have all of the rest of the bonus features on the disc to watch and write-up tonight, but I should still be able to fit in MEDIUM tonight. I don't really want to wait until tomorrow to watch it.

Laura

« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2009, 01:37:09 PM »

The cool-gel scarf I bought today that is supposed to keep your neck cool for four hours when you are outside doesn't work.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2009, 01:37:50 PM »

And that is the most exciting thing that has happened today.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: June 01, 2009, 01:50:42 PM »

I'm going to hop off-line now and get some writing done. Then, it's back downstairs to continue with the bonus features on FATAL ATTRACTION.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #100 on: June 01, 2009, 02:12:34 PM »

DR George,

I did get your DVD-R put in the mail this afternoon, so look for it later this week.

Thank you!!! :-*  :-*  :-*
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: June 01, 2009, 02:16:21 PM »

I've napped, made tuna salad, made a date for Wednesday breakfast with Susanna Moross Tarjan, been to the pharmacy and bank, and I have three string parts to proof. When I hand in the invoice for this score, I'm taking a week off to catch up on my Netflix discs.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 02:35:29 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #102 on: June 01, 2009, 02:37:08 PM »

JR, you will "know" when you need a firmware upgrade when your player won't play a new disc.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: June 01, 2009, 02:49:31 PM »

And congratulations to DR TCB on his huge millstone!     :D

Thanks, DAW.  It was huge, but I drank a lot of cranberry juice and I passed it.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: June 01, 2009, 02:51:16 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS TCB on Your MILLSTONE

Thank you, Arnold.  And thank you, George.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2009, 03:12:10 PM »

Der B and I have had LOTS of romantic evenings.  I just don't care to discuss them, thank-you.

With whom?
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2009, 03:14:52 PM »

MattH, I wonder if you saw that the Jeff Richards film ISLAND OF THE LOST WOMEN has now been officially released on DVD.

Only $5.95 and worth every penny.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2009, 03:23:56 PM »

I've napped, made tuna salad, made a date for Wednesday breakfast with Susanna Moross Tarjan, been to the pharmacy and bank, and I have three string parts to proof. When I hand in the invoice for this score, I'm taking a week off to catch up on my Netflix discs.

Of course you never have any romance.  You are either making dates with women or with M Barnum; neither of which is going to help you get lucky!
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2009, 03:44:00 PM »

The cool-gel scarf I bought today that is supposed to keep your neck cool for four hours when you are outside doesn't work.

Did you refrigerate it first?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2009, 03:45:25 PM »

I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong on this, but:

Wasn't the young leading man of Zabriskie Point later convicted of armed robbery and, subsequently, murdered in prison?

Yes, Druxy, I believe you're correct about Mark Heilpern ( I think that was his name) who starred in Zabriskie Point.  But even that-after-the-fact tragedy still  cannot make the travesty of the movie go down any better.  I remember sitting in the theatre watching this in disbelief at how pointless, pretentious, and mind-numbingly stupid the movie was.  And the two main actors couldn't act.  It made the fifty worst films of all time book.  If BK had told me he was going to watch it, I'd have tried hard to dissuade.  Even Blu-ray can't help that movie. It's two hours of my life I'd like back.

His name was Mark Frechette.

The girl's name was Daria Halprin (or something like that).

Quite right.  There's part of the problem.  Not only couldn't they act;  no one could remember their names.

http://poguespages.blogspot.com

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2009, 03:47:41 PM »

Back from a good work session with the musical director - he's picking everything up very quickly. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2009, 03:47:53 PM »

I met our leading lady, who is delightful.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »

Wasn't the young leading man of Zabriskie Point later convicted of armed robbery and, subsequently, murdered in prison?

Yes, Druxy, I believe you're correct about Mark Heilpern ( I think that was his name) who starred in Zabriskie Point.  But even that-after-the-fact tragedy still  cannot make the travesty of the movie go down any better.  I remember sitting in the theatre watching this in disbelief at how pointless, pretentious, and mind-numbingly stupid the movie was.  And the two main actors couldn't act.  It made the fifty worst films of all time book.  If BK had told me he was going to watch it, I'd have tried hard to dissuade.  Even Blu-ray can't help that movie. It's two hours of my life I'd like back.

Quite right.  There's part of the problem.  Not only couldn't they act;  no one could remember their names.

I don't believe they ever determined the exact cause of the death of Mark Frechette.  Some of his friends and family called it murder, and others thought it might have been suicide.    Anyway, he was found dead in the gym at the prison with a 150 lb. barbell crushing his windpipe.
“One thing’s universal,

DAW

« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2009, 04:05:30 PM »

Back from dinner out.  The DH had a 2 pound lobster.  And onion rings.  And a hot fudge brownie sundae.

I had soup and a salad.

:-\

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #114 on: June 01, 2009, 04:11:18 PM »

Der B and I have had LOTS of romantic evenings.  I just don't care to discuss them, thank-you.

With whom?

We aren't discussing that, either!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 04:19:22 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #115 on: June 01, 2009, 04:11:29 PM »

Back from dinner out.  The DH had a 2 pound lobster.  And onion rings.  And a hot fudge brownie sundae.

I had soup and a salad.

Oh....Dutch, huh?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: June 01, 2009, 04:14:28 PM »

I had soup and a salad.

Naturally, that is because he has a job, and you don't.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #117 on: June 01, 2009, 04:21:18 PM »

Did you refrigerate it first?

I soaked it in cold water for 35 minutes, like it said.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #118 on: June 01, 2009, 04:33:17 PM »

I don't believe they ever determined the exact cause of the death of Mark Frechette.  Some of his friends and family called it murder, and others thought it might have been suicide.    Anyway, he was found dead in the gym at the prison with a 150 lb. barbell crushing his windpipe.

That sounds like VERY painful way to commit suicide. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: June 01, 2009, 04:34:33 PM »

Page four, huh?  This is the way to start off June, huh?  I should think a frenzy or two would be in order otherwise we'll achieve a brand new low for this board.  But having watched attendance fall of this board with a lot of errant and truant people, well, shall we blame it on the economy?  Facebook (I do suspect that Facebook is part of it - I've discussed this with other message board proprietors), or maybe just lack of interest after all these years.  If it's the latter, it's an easy problem to remedy, oh, yes, it's an easy problem to remedy.  I still find it rather fascinating that not one person has spoken of a memorable romantic evening - I think everyone went right where I said not to go - sex.  I'm talking about a perfect romantic dinner, or a dance, or a walk on the beach.  I'm sure each and every one of us has had that kind of experience and yet here we are on page four.  It's an easy problem to remedy, however, oh, yes, it's an easy problem to remedy.  And for all those who were looking for new topics, only ONE person has actually bothered to e-mail me a list of proposed topics - several of which, unfortunately, we've done more than once.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up