Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHITHER THE WEATHER  (Read 12488 times)

DAW

Re: WHITHER THE WEATHER
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2009, 08:51:22 PM »

A pretty penny??

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2009, 09:07:49 PM »

Good Evening!

It more or less - sometimes more, sometimes less - rained the whole time I was out today.  However, since I spent a good amount of time indoors, as well as a good amount of time outdoors, umbrella in hand, it was a pretty good day.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2009, 09:08:21 PM »

~~~~~CONTINUED GOOD HEALTH AND RECOVERY VIBES TO BETSY'S FATHER~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2009, 09:10:30 PM »

DR Arnold Brockman - Thanks for the heads-up on that "Tagged" email.  However, could you double-check with your friend to make sure he has removed you - and us - from his email list.  "Tagged" has a bad "habit" of sending out "reminder" emails if the previous email does not get answered/responded.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2009, 09:12:46 PM »

So...

It was nice playing auditions again today.  The session was held at Ripley-Grier, and I realized it was the first time I had been in there months.  There have been times when I've been there four to six days a week, so today felt almost like a homecoming.  I also appreciated that the guy down at the security desk still remembered me - I didn't have to take out my ID to get into the building.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2009, 09:18:26 PM »

I think it's time I headed downstairs to bed.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2009, 09:19:54 PM »

As for the auditions themselves...

The third person to come in was a young woman with whom I worked a couple of years ago.  She played one of the daughters in The Human Comedy.  It was great seeing her again.  And it was nice to see and hear that she's continued to work on her singing.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »

After each person finished singing, the director asked them what was coming up next for them.  One young gentleman said that he just finished school, and that he had just begun looking for an apartment in The City...  What was that?  So, he'll either be coming by tomorrow or Sunday to take a look at the apartment. :)

And then a former intern came in the room saying that he just started looking for an apartment...  And he'll also be stopping by this weekend to check it out. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2009, 09:26:58 PM »

elmore - Hmmm, it's a good thing you couldn't join us last Saturday night, then.  :)  One of our delightful guests was one of the writers of AS THE WORLD TURNS - seriously!

And now you know why I didn't mention the other guests.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2009, 09:32:14 PM »

Jose, I get conflicting stories about a fee for the actors - first someone told me yes, but the reading that follows us says no and they're under the same contract.  I actually think that the latter is correct when not charging admission - which we're not - if you charge, then you pay $100 per actor, which we're doing anyway.

Do your workshop contracts make any differentiation when it comes to offering or not offering the "right of first refusal" for future productions to the actors?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: June 05, 2009, 09:36:47 PM »

Today's culinary highlight - The "Sour Gummy" Soft Serve Ice Cream at Momofuku Bakery & Milk Bar.  Truly one of the most "fascinating" flavors of ice cream I've tasted and enjoyed.  I also sampled the other flavors that are available this week: Fireball, Red Licorice and Chocolate Mint.  I swear, Christina Tosi is part baker and part magician.
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #191 on: June 05, 2009, 11:01:27 PM »

There aren't many people I know - or care to know - who don't welcome adding another brownie recipe to their collection.

Even if it is missing the usual pharmaceutical enhancement.

der Brucer

You stumped me on that one, der Brucer.

Where were you for Woodstock?

(The best Brownies are laced with Marijuana)

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #192 on: June 05, 2009, 11:03:48 PM »

Funny enough - I met the orangutan Clyde from EWWBL at one of my parents' St. Patrick's Day parties when we were still living in Texas.  I must have been 5 or 6 at the time.  Clyde was owned by a friend of my dad's who owned an animal park there in Clifton.

He knew various tricks and such, so one of them involved a volunteer.  Me being who I was, I volunteered (the intended effect I think) as I went to go sit in a chair as I was directed and Clyde pulled the chair out from under me.  Everyone else thought it was hilarious, but I was so embarrassed, I just sat there on the ground, crying. 

And every since then, I had a chip on my shoulder for Clyde. 
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: June 05, 2009, 11:04:38 PM »

Jose, I get conflicting stories about a fee for the actors - first someone told me yes, but the reading that follows us says no and they're under the same contract.  I actually think that the latter is correct when not charging admission - which we're not - if you charge, then you pay $100 per actor, which we're doing anyway.

Do your workshop contracts make any differentiation when it comes to offering or not offering the "right of first refusal" for future productions to the actors?

It's a staged reading contract - the workshop rules don't apply.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:12:44 PM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: June 05, 2009, 11:12:04 PM »

Just got the latest Kritzerland test site and it's all working perfectly.  All the paypal is there and I ordered a CD and the shipping is now a total breeze.  I don't know what it was like when the webgal created the site, but the machinations for the International shipping were ridiculous (just look at the extant site and read the International shipping page - insanity personified.  Well, it's now so easy and effortless to do for our overseas friends - you actually cannot do it incorrectly.  I'm so happy about the new site and can't wait for you all to see it.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #195 on: June 05, 2009, 11:12:34 PM »

As per the Equity Staged Reading Guidelines, 2) Rehearsal hours are limited to a maximum of 15 hours (20 hours for musicals) for rehearsals and actual Reading(s), such times to be at the Actor’s convenience. If the total hours for the rehearsal(s) and Reading(s) extend beyond the specified number of hours previously listed, but no more than 29 hours, then each Equity Actor is to receive a stipend of $100.00 in addition to basic transportation reimbursement.

Since we are in that sweet spot of 20-29 hours, we pay the stipend.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 11:14:20 PM by Cason »
Art touches people in ways that words can't and my goal in life is to touch as many people as possible.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: June 05, 2009, 11:13:25 PM »

We love the sweet spot.

Cason

• The time is nigh!
« Reply #197 on: June 05, 2009, 11:14:56 PM »

We love the sweet spot.

We do.  That's the only way we're gonna get this done.  :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #198 on: June 05, 2009, 11:35:29 PM »

This isn't the best photo of Santana, but it was the best one I got.  there were 1000 people at the dinner. 

Santana quote"Miles [Davis] made Darth Vader look like Donny and Marie"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up