Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DANISH NOTES  (Read 13055 times)

Ben

Re: THE DANISH NOTES
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2009, 04:29:41 PM »

Spoiler answer to Fred

Fred,

I didn't know about the plant but since I saw the number of people in the cast and read the bios and saw that one of them had been in 13 and the show was more than half over as soon as he was pulled up I assumed it was a plant. My friend had the same reaction you did.

Those two stories the one about her cousin and the one about being back in Topeka after the magician were so touching and beautiful and moving. And who knew she had a Fred Phelps connection?!

FJL

« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2009, 04:33:24 PM »

NON-SPOILER

Didn't she say something in the press about the stories you'd expect are true not being true, and the stories you'd expect are not true actually being true?  :)

FJL

« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2009, 04:33:58 PM »

Off to HIGH SPIRITS!!!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #123 on: June 13, 2009, 04:35:09 PM »

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: June 13, 2009, 04:35:24 PM »

Hi Vixmom, great news.  Have to stopped losing weight?

vixmom

« Reply #125 on: June 13, 2009, 04:37:14 PM »

My favorite dinner party meal that I have ever been invited to had the most wonderful bleu cheese  deviled eggs, and amazing marinated flank steak

Jane

« Reply #126 on: June 13, 2009, 04:37:27 PM »

I'm a bit embarrassed to ask, but heck if the response is embarrassing it won't be the first time. ;D  Did I miss X-Men while we were away?  I'm afraid the response will be I missed it before we went away.

vixmom

« Reply #127 on: June 13, 2009, 04:37:46 PM »

and the hosts were really really really nice

Jane

« Reply #128 on: June 13, 2009, 04:40:01 PM »

Was that at Fred & Skips?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: June 13, 2009, 04:59:19 PM »

I have been feeling better however (which is how I have been managing the long days at work) - a friend of my works at Natural Organics and she bought me some http://health-beauty.pricegrabber.com/dietary-weight-loss/Natures-Plus-Low-Carb-Spirutein-Whey-Vanilla/m63610794.html.  I have been feeling stronger and have not iused my feeding tube all week.  In fact I have an appointment with the GI doctor on Wednesday night to see about getting it taken out

I have to make an appointment with the vascular surgeon to see about getting the chemo port out next -- finally two operations I am looking forward to! 

Great news, Vixmom...on both operations! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #130 on: June 13, 2009, 05:01:23 PM »

Well, I'm off to my sister's old house to help with the finishing touches so that hopefully, she'll be able to rent it.  After that (however long it takes), I'll either go home, watch TV and do laundry (if there's time) or go home, watch TV and do laundry tomorrow.  I'm hoping that I'm able to get home in time to do laundry today.  We'll see. :D

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #131 on: June 13, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »

NON-SPOILER

Didn't she say something in the press about the stories you'd expect are true not being true, and the stories you'd expect are not true actually being true?  :)

I never saw that. I'll have to take that into account but they were still beautifully told

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: June 13, 2009, 05:04:14 PM »

Hi Cillaliz

Hi, Sorry I didn't see your  post earlier

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: June 13, 2009, 05:06:36 PM »

Back from a hard day's work, most of which was spent sitting in a group and giving everyone their new sitting/standing positions.  But it's so much easier now and will look just fine.  We ran a lot of music so everyone's much more comfortable.  We had two cast defections - one gal got a film and dropped out - unbelievable, really - and the most attitude-laden of the ensemble boys dropped out with a one-line e-mail, to which I'll be responding shortly in a rather strong way.  What a jerk.  However, we're fine as the show was originally designed for an ensemble of six not eight and six is what we now have.   There was really good energy in the room today.  And tonight, I have to have a conversation with our leading man, who, I'm afraid, is like a deer in headlights and is really not stepping up to the plate.  The thing is, he's had the script and demo for almost two months now and even though I know he's been working with it, you wouldn't know it from the performance.  He's just very slow, and us having all these set issues and having to redo things hasn't helped him because he's just more confused than ever.  He sings well, he's got a loopy charm, and occasionally he gets it right, in terms of the acting beats.  But too often it's no energy, no idea what he's saying, and NO idea where he's actually supposed to be on the stage and when. 

I can't have him drag down the reading, which is what's happening.  Harry sets the energy of the show from his first line, and we're not getting it, so Rosie is getting nothing to play off and her energy flags (and she's got great energy) because she's getting sucked into his hole.  And then he had to leave at two to go to Santa Barbara for a wedding, which means he missed the methodical scene to scene go-through of act one, which means he's even more behind the curve than he was.  Cason read his role today, and even though Cason is completely wrong for the role, we suddenly had energy, he knew what the lines meant, and everything suddenly worked really well.  So, he's studying the role this evening and I'll be having a conversation with our leading man, and if either of don't feel comfortable going ahead, then Cason will do it - it's just a reading and I'd rather have the energy and the acting beats there, frankly.  This is the last time I EVER do anything without getting the cast I want and need.  I simply had no other choice for the lead, which is shocking in and of itself.  I was promised when I took the chance that the performance would be there, but that hasn't proved to be correct.

vixmom

« Reply #134 on: June 13, 2009, 05:09:31 PM »

yes - Skip is an amazing cook!

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: June 13, 2009, 05:09:55 PM »

Saturday evening greetings!  We are back after attending Mary Linda's graduation at UC (she earned a BFA, Cum Laude), visiting at her apartment house with her family, and then going to dinner with all of them at Montgomery Inn at the Boathouse.  It was a very festive day!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

vixmom

« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2009, 05:11:53 PM »

Hi Vixmom, great news.  Have to stopped losing weight?
  yes, I have been at teh same weight now for a a little over a week - since I had been losing a pound every othwr day or so, so  this is good news -- now  (and this sounds so odd coming out of my lips) I need to work on putting  a little weight on - 

vixmom

« Reply #137 on: June 13, 2009, 05:15:11 PM »

I have just been catchingup tp the past few days and see that Ginny & Richard will be in New York at the end of June -  I hope we have an opprtuynity to meet up! 

vixmom

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2009, 05:15:41 PM »

Congratulations to Mary Linda!

Jane

« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2009, 05:17:59 PM »

Enjoy the reverse problem of having to gain weight.  Just like losing it is ok to do it slowly.  Just eat lots of little meals.

It sounds like you are really on the road to good health again. :)  How is your father?

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: June 13, 2009, 05:19:15 PM »

yes - Skip is an amazing cook!

Yes he is, I've had the pleasure of wonderful dinner parties with Fred and Skip and firends

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: June 13, 2009, 05:20:07 PM »

Hi VIxmom, Great to see you

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2009, 05:24:31 PM »

I have returned!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: June 13, 2009, 05:27:57 PM »

Thanks, DRs Jane and Vixmom - I'll pass your congrats along to Mary Linda!

Yes, DR Vixmom, we'll be in NYC June 28-July 4.  Well, for socializing purposes, June 29-July3, since we get in late Sunday and leave early Saturday.  So far, our plans are to see In the Heights on Monday evening, Blithe Spirit on Tuesday evening, and Hair on Wednesday afternoon.  We're keeping the other evenings open to try to see Twelfth Night in the Park and our days are still open.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #144 on: June 13, 2009, 05:31:43 PM »

I have to take a nap.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: June 13, 2009, 05:33:16 PM »

I'm heading out for dinner with Mr Karl. Tonight it's a Cuban dinner at Victor's Cafe.

http://www.victorscafe.com/index2.html

DR elmore - My former father-in-law loves Victor's.  He's Cuban, and Victor's was the first place he ate during his first trip to NYC many years ago. -And he took me and my niece there for dinner that last time he was in town.

*I was going to say be sure to tell the waiter that you're catching since they can be a little "relaxed" at times.  -But since you were already heading out the door, you should be fine.

Former father-in-law?

Tell the waiter that youre catching?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

vixmom

« Reply #146 on: June 13, 2009, 05:39:06 PM »

Enjoy the reverse problem of having to gain weight.  Just like losing it is ok to do it slowly.  Just eat lots of little meals.

It sounds like you are really on the road to good health again. :)  How is your father?

He is doing pretty well - he is goingto be starting the radiation process on his leg  shortly - he was there yesterday getting his CAT scan and tattoos!  In his case it is being done as a preventative - they believe they removed all of the tumor but they want to ensure that nothing grows back.

I am so glad that I have already gone through this process and was able to steer  dad to someone who I have 100% confidence will treat my Dad with respect and sympathy and will make sure that the bad cells stay away!

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: June 13, 2009, 05:39:41 PM »

Hi VIxmom, Great to see you
  it is nice to be seen!

Jane

« Reply #148 on: June 13, 2009, 05:45:42 PM »

He is doing pretty well -

I am so glad that I have already gone through this process and was able to steer  dad to someone who I have 100% confidence will treat my Dad with respect and sympathy and will make sure that the bad cells stay away!
[/quote]

Very good news.

I'm glad you had someone like that to refer your father too.

vixmom

« Reply #149 on: June 13, 2009, 05:45:49 PM »

Thanks, DRs Jane and Vixmom - I'll pass your congrats along to Mary Linda!

Yes, DR Vixmom, we'll be in NYC June 28-July 4.  Well, for socializing purposes, June 29-July3, since we get in late Sunday and leave early Saturday.  So far, our plans are to see In the Heights on Monday evening, Blithe Spirit on Tuesday evening, and Hair on Wednesday afternoon.  We're keeping the other evenings open to try to see Twelfth Night in the Park and our days are still open.

Until I see the doctors and we start setting up appointments for surgery I have no idea what my availability will be like - but if I am able to get in when you have a free moment I will do so
I hope you are able to get tickets to see Twelfth Night. I would love  to take the Vixter to see that.  We have watched a movie version of it a couple of times (the only actors names I can think of at the moment  who were in it are Nigel Hawthorne and Ben Kingsley...) and  and a have also seen a recording of when Helen Hunt was in it some years ago - I have never seen a  live performance of it

Jose will that virtual line still work when the show officially opens?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up