Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE NUDIE REPORT  (Read 15339 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE NUDIE REPORT
« Reply #210 on: June 16, 2009, 08:53:08 PM »

Since I didn't have a long night of sleep last night, I think I'll take my leave a little earlier than usual and head downstairs to go to bed.

Good night!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: June 16, 2009, 08:53:21 PM »

Page Eight Dance!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #212 on: June 16, 2009, 08:53:35 PM »

And now I'm really going!

;D

Kerry

« Reply #213 on: June 16, 2009, 08:54:19 PM »

PAGE SIX (DANCING) CAPULETS IN THE MARKETPLACE!!!!

[/url]
LOL!  Watch your phraseology!
I like boat races.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #214 on: June 16, 2009, 08:57:30 PM »

I just turned off the tv to find this email from my dear friend Karen Ziemba:

That's me Larry...the loopy lady. She'll be on again 6/24. I'm in San  Diego now in rehearsals for THE FIRST WIVES CLUB.

Perhaps the actress you're thinking of on the soap is playing another stressed out wretch?

OH! That loopy lady!

And I just realized you were talking about "As The World Turns".  I thought you were talking about "The Young & The Restless"?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #215 on: June 16, 2009, 09:46:24 PM »

OK... Time to sleep.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #216 on: June 16, 2009, 09:53:34 PM »

I don't mind the moonlight swims, it's the loopy lady that hurts

(almost a Bye Bye Birdie reference)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #217 on: June 16, 2009, 11:37:55 PM »

I've been home for an hour, trying to put all the boxes I've brought home out of the way.  I tend to trip on things in the dark.  Now have a somewhat pathway to navigate which is ok.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #218 on: June 16, 2009, 11:47:37 PM »

I had a great time again tonight.  The show moves so fast.  I think the actors were great, I never took my eyes or ears away from their faces or the stage.

I should have taken pictures, but I'm still stuck on a film camera that's 30 years old and really only works well with natural outdoor sunlight.  Which is what it was made for, anyone remember family vacations, the kind you had to always pose for pictures and then endure the showing of slides and movies when it was over.  That kind of camera.

So not to embarrass myself or anyone else with the big flash, I just went home.

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #219 on: June 16, 2009, 11:50:08 PM »

But I'm still happy. ;D ;D ;D

I always forget what fun it is to see live performances.

I must go more often, especially since it's only a 10 minuet drive to NoHo.

Sam

« Reply #220 on: June 16, 2009, 11:50:31 PM »

Good night George.

Sam

« Reply #221 on: June 16, 2009, 11:50:49 PM »

Have a great Wednesday everyone.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #222 on: June 16, 2009, 11:55:53 PM »

Good night George.

Good night, Sam. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2009, 12:00:53 AM »

Tonight's R&J rehearsal went well...if slow. ::) We started from where we left off last night, got to where our intermission is, then started at the very beginning of the show.  We didn't get all the way through the act the second time but at least we stopped on time...which is why we didn't get all the way through the act.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #224 on: June 17, 2009, 12:46:11 AM »

Back from our second performance.  Another interesting show, but I think you all know me well enough to know that "interesting" doesn't interest me at all.  Yes, there were a lot of big laughs tonight (we had a really oversold house - people sitting in the aisles and everywhere else), but so much of the show, at least for me, didn't land because we just never had time to finesse, and I never had one minute to work with the actors, and so the performances were all over the place.  The leading man was better tonight, but still just wrong for the role and so the show doesn't have its motor.  Some people I've worked with before just turned in tired performances and I wasn't so happy about it.  I adore Niki, who just gives 130% always.  Now that we're done, I can say that the majority of our ensemble were just people I would NEVER work with again - no energy, no commitment, only caring about how many hours they'd worked and if they could get us in trouble with Equity - they tried, but, oops, sorry, it didn't work.  Two of them were actually counting up their hours (from their point of view) after the show, because they didn't think their check was for enough money.  Mind you, we have a professional Equity stage manager who knows his stuff and who wrote down exactly when they worked, so I kind of trust that he sent me the right figures.  Of course, they're conveniently forgetting the fact that not one of those making trouble were EVER on time - one was three hours late to Saturday's rehearsal.  If they persist, I will file a report with Equity.  This does not include the gal who played Joy Full and does not include the one male ensemble member who was an Adam guy.  I've just never seen such lack of energy in my life, even with mics on the stage you could barely hear them, and they simply looked bored most of the time, hence many things just sat there like so much fish.  The slam dunks were Rosie, Dick Davis, George Brenner, and Joy Full - those four I would work with anytime and anywhere.  Others did okay, but were not at a performance level I found acceptable - they got it done, but in one particular case, after four fantastically funny days of rehearsal, I was presented with a performance that had half the energy, no pace, and only occasional sparks and fun - that performer has the capacity to be brilliant but I really now have to think about whether it will go further than this reading in terms of this performer going on with the show.  In hindsight, I wish I hadn't done this reading until I could have cast it exactly the way I wanted to, with a cast that was fully committed to the task at hand and not there to count their hours and kill some time.  I guess performers nowadays simply don't look at the big picture anymore, the big picture being that I work all the time, I use singer/performers all the time, and, more importantly, so does my choreographer, who loathed the work ethic he saw, for the reasons stated above.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2009, 12:46:21 AM »

I shall now write some notes.

George

« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2009, 12:51:58 AM »

That's too bad about the performers, BK.  I've worked with some dolts before, too (just not a professional level...me, not being a professional), but hopefully as far as the show itself is concerned, you got out of it what you needed. :)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2009, 12:54:30 AM »

...with a cast that was fully committed to the task at hand and not there to count their hours and kill some time...

Sadly, it may be that those days are over.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2009, 12:54:53 AM »

I will say that over the years here in little old Olympia, I have worked with some amateur actors who are absolutely professional caliber, not only in their talent, but their work ethic, also. 

George

« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2009, 01:03:55 AM »

And now, I really must get to bed.  I'll have to wait until I get up to read BK's notes.

Good night, all.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up