Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: PHASE TWO  (Read 15464 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: PHASE TWO
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2009, 10:28:45 AM »

I am looking at various Blu Ray discs, and trying NOT to buy something I already have on DVD......  Not sure I would like TRUE BLOOD....but I might like TWILIGHT - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2009, 10:30:01 AM »

Page Three Man of La Mancha dance.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2009, 10:33:12 AM »

Just a friendly reminder for those DRs who may have an iPhones or an iTouch, the 3.0 software upgrade is supposed to be available for download sometime over the next two hours.  Just open iTunes, connect your iPhone/iTouch and check for the upgrade. "Cut, Copy & Paste"!!!

Are they still charging $10.00 for iTouch update?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2009, 10:41:37 AM »

Depends on if you want a happy ending or not.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2009, 10:44:09 AM »

Ensign? Not even an officer?

But an Ensign is an officer; he ranks below a LT(jg) and above CWOs and Midshipmen.

der Brucer - who was one once
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:13:59 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2009, 10:45:17 AM »

Mano Flamancha--Spanish male stripper whose act consisted of him "tilting" at a windmill
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2009, 10:54:13 AM »

Bueno!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2009, 11:01:37 AM »

GREAT NEWS DEPARTMENT

Variety Reports that CITY OF ANGELS-The Musical will be A Motion Picture. Barry Levinson To Direct. Marc Shaiman is connected to the project as Musical Director.I have always felt that this would make a Great Movie.
Any Casting Ideas?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2009, 11:29:35 AM »

Very interesting!!!

Amy

« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2009, 11:55:41 AM »

I thought Nudie Musical was terrific last night! I especially liked the performances of Alet Taylor (Mary La Rue) and Lisaun Whittingham (Joy Full). Marlene Martinez and Niki Scalera were great too. In general, I thought the female cast members were better than the males. Ted Detwiler and Russ Hobbie were okay. Michael Irish was okay too, but nothing like Bruce Kimmel was in the role of John Smithee. Irish played it a little too over-the-top, while Bruce was a little more subtle, which made it more funny somehow. I think it's a big credit to Bruce that the funniest part of the show now is the part that deviates from the movie the most. That part is the Moses sequence with the "Burning Bush" song. What I mean is that his latest writing is the best and that sequence definitely got the biggest laughs. I'm not sure why, but the "Touch Me, I'm You" song didn't really work last night - maybe Russ just sang it too slow. But instead of it being funny because it doesn't make any sense, I think it left the audience scratching their heads trying to make sense of it, which they couldn't. I didn't really notice that all the risers and levels were a hindrance at all. There were times that a cast member had to squeeze through people and push them aside, but it went right along with the story as if it was supposed to be that way. The little fashion show during "Perversion" was very funny and a great addition. It was a little disturbing to hear the new melody of "Let Them Eat Cake" just because I know the old melody so well, but I'm sure if I heard this new one a few more times, I would like it just fine.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2009, 11:55:54 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I took care of some sorting and purging, and made some phone calls too.  And downloaded the iPhone 3.0 update too. So far, so good.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2009, 11:58:58 AM »

Just a friendly reminder for those DRs who may have an iPhones or an iTouch, the 3.0 software upgrade is supposed to be available for download sometime over the next two hours.  Just open iTunes, connect your iPhone/iTouch and check for the upgrade. "Cut, Copy & Paste"!!!

Are they still charging $10.00 for iTouch update?

No.  It's $9.95.

;)

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2009, 12:01:03 PM »

Ensign? Not even an officer?

But an Ensign is an officer; he ranks below a LT(jg) and CWOs and Midshipmen.

der Brucer - who was one once

Ah, you are correct, DR DERBRUCER - I was trying to recall the "ranks" I had to process when I worked at Coast Guard HQ.  I spent a summer in Enlisted Personnel Records, and two summers in Officer Personnel Records.  And then came the Merchant Marine project...

*But CPO - Chief Petty Officers - are Enlisted Personnel. Now I remember (it well - sort of).
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 12:04:49 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2009, 12:02:01 PM »

OK - And now I shall be heading out of the apartment for a bit.  Time to see how my updated iPhone software does in the wilds of New York City.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2009, 12:03:50 PM »

On TV Tonight!™

PBS - GREAT PERFORMANCES - "CHESS in CONCERT"

Not in the Seattle market. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2009, 12:04:18 PM »

Who's bloody idea was it to transpose the Pirate King number in the Broadway production to the key of B!!!!  C worked for many years!

Mark

• What is it, Wellington?
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2009, 12:05:55 PM »

Last night's "Nudie" reading may not have been perfect, as Bruce made clear in the notes, but here's the naked truth: It was still loads of fun. Joy Full, even. To see it transition from the big screen, to Bruce's living room, to a NoHo stage has been fascinating. The songs drive it, and they never sputter. They're always tuneful, always fun, always hummable, whether you've heard 'em a lot (like "Let 'Em Cake," "The Lights and the Smiles" from the movie) or just a few times (like "Burning Bush," one of the new songs). And, really, who can resist a dancing dildo — even if that dildo is wearing street clothes?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #77 on: June 17, 2009, 12:06:19 PM »

Wait till they do it in A.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #78 on: June 17, 2009, 12:06:48 PM »

Who's bloody idea was it to transpose the Pirate King number in the Broadway production to the key of B!!!!  C worked for many years!

Probably the same person who decided to transpose "Another Hundred People" down a half-step to the Key of B for the Roundabout Revival (La Chanze).  -Which is what the rental materials reflect now.

*And don't get me started on people who bring in "Marry Me A Little" not in B. My fingers "love" playing that song in B!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: June 17, 2009, 12:08:18 PM »

However, I sort of like playing "Another Hundred People" in G.  Just sayin'.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »

Yesterday DR Jose wrote:
DR elmore - The "crazy lady" on "ATWT" is not Karen Ziemba.  The actress in question - who plays "Mary Jane Benson" - is Stacy Haiduk.  And, I have to say, it's quite the story line that she's involved in.  

DR Jose i see you noticed that you got your soaps mixed up. But i'm curious, do you know who mary jane benson really is?  To me it's been obvious for a while now!

DR Jennifer - Well, at first I thought it was "D".  Then realized - after looking up the name of the actress - that it was "P".  ;)

*It was also interesting to see that Melody Thomas Scott ("Nikki") may be leaving the show again due to contract disputes.

When you looked up the name of the actress it told you her surprise identity?  I never watched when "P" was on. But I've been sure it was her for a long time now. "D" did not make sense as she has a son, and Victor hates her, and she has been on many private jets (which mary jane said she had not been on). I find Mary Jane so creepy. Have you seen her scenes with her stuffed cat? Ick.

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2009, 12:14:43 PM »

On TV Tonight!™

Did you check at PBS.org to see when it will play?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2009, 12:15:31 PM »

Yesterday DR Jose wrote:
DR elmore - The "crazy lady" on "ATWT" is not Karen Ziemba.  The actress in question - who plays "Mary Jane Benson" - is Stacy Haiduk.  And, I have to say, it's quite the story line that she's involved in.  

DR Jose i see you noticed that you got your soaps mixed up. But i'm curious, do you know who mary jane benson really is?  To me it's been obvious for a while now!

DR Jennifer - Well, at first I thought it was "D".  Then realized - after looking up the name of the actress - that it was "P".  ;)

*It was also interesting to see that Melody Thomas Scott ("Nikki") may be leaving the show again due to contract disputes.

When you looked up the name of the actress it told you her surprise identity?  I never watched when "P" was on. But I've been sure it was her for a long time now. "D" did not make sense as she has a son, and Victor hates her, and she has been on many private jets (which mary jane said she had not been on). I find Mary Jane so creepy. Have you seen her scenes with her stuffed cat? Ick.

RE: The stuffed cat - Since I haven't been watching the show "religiously", the first time I saw the stuffed cat, I thought it was bad prop - I thought it was supposed to look like a real cat.  But, then... ;)

And as for "P" - That's a true "gift" for the long-time viewers of "Y&R".  I'm trying to remember just how many years has it been since her last appearance.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2009, 12:15:41 PM »

I am looking at various Blu Ray discs, and trying NOT to buy something I already have on DVD......  Not sure I would like TRUE BLOOD....but I might like TWILIGHT - hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I personally love the Twilight books but much prefer TRUE BLOOD to the Twilight movie. IF you have not read the books you will probably enjoy the Twilight movie. But give True blood a chance. It is excellent.

George

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2009, 12:18:55 PM »

On TV Tonight!™

Umm...I keep forgetting about that. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2009, 12:19:23 PM »

It makes sense that in these recessionary times, C slips to B.

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2009, 12:21:45 PM »

Once again...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #87 on: June 17, 2009, 12:30:50 PM »

On TV Tonight!™

Umm...I keep forgetting about that. ::)

;)

Okay, I just checked and it's not being shown at any time in June...dammit >:(

DERBRUCER

« Reply #88 on: June 17, 2009, 12:33:31 PM »

A designer for BK and Pogue:

LA TIMES

Kristan Cunningham and Scott Jarrell have employed cool ideas and techniques in their Venice home, expressing their personal style without sinking too much money into a residence they don't own. Some of their affordable tricks, which apply not only to renters but anyone looking for an economical fix:

4. Group books by color.

It's a point some may contest, but Cunningham likes to remove and store paper dust jackets, then create separate clusters of green, blue, yellow and white on the living room wall unit. "I stacked all my red books on the fireplace mantel," she says. "They make a nice detail."

der Brucer

DAW

« Reply #89 on: June 17, 2009, 12:34:17 PM »

Back from the fancy French restaurant.  It turns out it was a live demonstration, but the participants [the "audience"] did not actually get to cook.  Which was fine.

And the meal afterwards was quite lovely!     :)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up