Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FERSHLUGANAH  (Read 19205 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: FERSHLUGANAH
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2009, 08:11:20 AM »

Time Capsule is fine and has gone green.  The first thing I'd done when it was blinking amber was go into system preferences and network, where it showed that it was green and working despite the blinking yellow light on the unit itself.  This morning I called Apple and he took me one step further, to the Airport Utility screen, where the unit was amber.  The reason?  Firmware update.  Firmware updates for the unit don't show up when the rest of the updates do, so unless you go into the Airport Utility you'd never know.  So, we did the update, and all is well and well is all.

That's what I just said! ;)

Why didn't you say it last night? :)

Because I figured you might have clicked on Help or Google, then entered "flashing yellow light airport time capsule".

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2009, 08:12:42 AM »

PAGE THREE FLASHING YELLOW LIGHT DANCE!!!

Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2009, 08:16:19 AM »

bk - Thanks for the clarification about the "house noise". Hopefully it will be done sooner than later.

I'm hoping so, too, and they have moved much more quickly than either I or my neighbors thought they would.  I'm thinking the exterior of the house could be done by maybe end of July, which means it shouldn't be too loud as they do the interior.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2009, 08:17:40 AM »

Time Capsule is fine and has gone green.  The first thing I'd done when it was blinking amber was go into system preferences and network, where it showed that it was green and working despite the blinking yellow light on the unit itself.  This morning I called Apple and he took me one step further, to the Airport Utility screen, where the unit was amber.  The reason?  Firmware update.  Firmware updates for the unit don't show up when the rest of the updates do, so unless you go into the Airport Utility you'd never know.  So, we did the update, and all is well and well is all.

That's what I just said! ;)

Why didn't you say it last night? :)

Because I figured you might have clicked on Help or Google, then entered "flashing yellow light airport time capsule".

:)

Believe it or not, I did - and came up with nada.  At least now I know if it happens again to go directly to Airport Utility.  I might have even done so had it not been showing up green in the Network screen.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2009, 08:20:34 AM »

DR JOSE thanks for the Gale NYT link.  Sweet.  Her book is a quick and interesting read. 

A couple of things I remember - she was working in Chicago with Producer Randy Wood on her records - and she said she had never been closer to a man than she was with Randy except for her husband Lee.  She said that she then understood how it happened that people in show business got caught up in relationships, and she quit recording to save her marriage.

She also said when she was going through her worst alcoholic phase, she would hide bottles of whiskey around the house in case she needed.  After she was in recovery and she and her family were moving, the moving men kept finding whiskey bottles she had forgotten about....and she was quite embarrassed.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2009, 08:20:53 AM »

DR LAURA did you find your scanner on your IMAC?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2009, 08:21:14 AM »

DR Michael S - As for burning CDs on your new MacBook Pro, as long as you're using iTunes, it should still be the same process you used on your PC.  Just create a Playlist, then select "Burn CD". Very easy. -Almost too easy, actually.

As for burning DVDs, just open iDVD and check the menu options.  It does take a while to copy a DVD to your hard drive, and then another "while" to burn a copy.  However, if you are just transferring clips that are already on your hard drive, just place a blank DVD-R in your hard drive, select the files you want to transfer, then just drag them to the Blank DVD-R icon in the Finder window.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2009, 08:22:35 AM »

TOD:

Barefoot in the Park

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2009, 08:24:10 AM »

Maybe age has something to do with enjoying the GOONIES from the time of one's first exposure to it. I just disliked those kids immensely. The production had some size and scope, but the kids were so off-putting to me that I could never warm up to it.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2009, 08:25:47 AM »

DR LAURA did you find your scanner on your IMAC?

I was about to ask the same thing.

Are you sure you scanner is Mac compatible?  -I forget if you were previously on a PC.  In any case...

I know with the way my scanner is set up, it only really appears when I start to use it. That is, when I hit the "Scan" button on my scanner. When I hit "Scan", the scanner program automatically starts on my computer.

Since it should be "Plug and Play", one way you could "find" the scanner is to unplug the USB cord that connects the scanner to your computer, then plug it back in.  Sometimes - alas, sometimes - that will bring up the "new hardware" connected window.

Did you install the scanner's software on your computer?

Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2009, 08:25:59 AM »

Now I must head downstairs to get cleaned up for lunch out with best friend John. He's been at the beach for a week, so I'm sure he'll have some stories to tell.

WBBL.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2009, 08:31:20 AM »

DR GEORGE it looks like you have a fun cast!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2009, 08:34:33 AM »

bk - By the way, technically, the Time Capsule/Airport flashes "Amber". ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2009, 08:35:04 AM »

Maybe age has something to do with enjoying the GOONIES from the time of one's first exposure to it. I just disliked those kids immensely. The production had some size and scope, but the kids were so off-putting to me that I could never warm up to it.

That's exactly it - if you go to the imdb you'll see the story over and over again in the "reviews."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2009, 08:35:25 AM »

I guess I'll do the long jog - why not?

DAW

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2009, 08:36:18 AM »

The Inside Story clip goes on far too long, in my humble opinion.

I'm in the minority, I know, but I find comedy with speech impediments excruciating. I don't find them remotely funny.

And yet, as I posted yesterday, DD Zach just loved it!!         :P           8)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2009, 08:43:23 AM »

DR DAW - Thanks once again posting that link to the upcoming Twelfth Night CD. I went ahead and Twitter'd that - which I think you may already know - and the response and number of Re-Tweets has been quite surprising in a good way.  I guess we'll have to split the commission then. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2009, 08:45:34 AM »

The Inside Story clip goes on far too long, in my humble opinion.

I'm in the minority, I know, but I find comedy with speech impediments excruciating. I don't find them remotely funny.

And yet, as I posted yesterday, DD Zach just loved it!!         :P           8)

I don't recall DD Zach posting yesterday.
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2009, 08:51:17 AM »

Since the weather folk are calling for rain Wednesday and Thursday, and Ginny, Richard, Jose and Larry are holding both those days for Central Park Shakespeare possibilities -

What does that mean in terms of pre-theatre dinner here Wed or Thurs, or should we assume a "rain check" on an HHW get-together this time around?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2009, 08:58:14 AM »

Since the weather folk are calling for rain Wednesday and Thursday, and Ginny, Richard, Jose and Larry are holding both those days for Central Park Shakespeare possibilities -

What does that mean in terms of pre-theatre dinner here Wed or Thurs, or should we assume a "rain check" on an HHW get-together this time around?

Could we plan on an early dinner on Thursday? Say, 5:00, 5:30?

Since we're "counting" on the Virtual Line for Wednesday night's tickets, if any of us end up winning, then we'd have to be in line at The Delacorte between 6:00 and 7:30 to pick up the tickets.  So...

However, since Thursday night looks to be a definite since we'll be waiting in line during the day, a good dinner and visit between the wait and the show would be a good thing. We could all just taxi up to the Park at 7:30 from Chez Skip and Fred.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2009, 09:00:48 AM »

To me, the kids in THE GOONIES were the ultimate of what I think of as Spielberg Kids--kids who are acting some 30 year old guy's idea of how kids act.  A lot of screaming out lines, trash talk, obnoxious laughter.  And all done in beats.  This wsa used to fine effect in movies like CLOSE ENCOUNTERS where the kids weren't the focus or in E.T. and POLTERGEIST where it's subdued.  But in GOONIES, HOOK and any episode of AMAZING STORIES that featured kids, it's there and over the top.

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DAW

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2009, 09:08:13 AM »

Thanks once again posting that link to the upcoming Twelfth Night CD.

You are most welcome!     :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2009, 09:08:42 AM »

Or we could just make Thursday the designated Twelfth Night day, and enjoy a more leisurely time at Chez Fred and Skip?

*It looks like the rain forecasted for this week is of the "sporadic" and "isolated" type. At least right now.
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2009, 09:10:58 AM »

A Facebook ad is trying to convince me that if I like Karen Carpenter's voice, I'll like Diane Birch.

I don't hear it, myself.  To me, she sounds more like Nora Jones. Which isn't a bad thing.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2009, 09:22:03 AM »

I never got an email confirmation of my Twelfth Nigh CD order .

DR JOSE are there picture souvenir books for Sale?  I will send you the $$ if you buy one for me.   ;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2009, 09:22:26 AM »

I'm up.  Workers are fairly quiet now, but were just loud enough at seven to wake anyone in a half-mile radius. 

I'm getting a new roof, starting today!  The workers are on the roof right now ripping off all the old cedar shingles.  So far, it's not too loud, and I'll be leaving for work soon.  I think it's supposed to take several days to complete the whole thing...there are four units and a garage as part of my building.  The other thing is that I'm going to get a new skylight in the process!  I've given the information of what I want to our property manager and she gave the information to the roofers and they're supposed to have gotten the new skylight and will install it and bill me.  FINALLY I'll be able to get some air circulation up in my bedroom...unless something goes horribly wrong. ::)

;)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 09:25:12 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2009, 09:25:27 AM »

DR GEORGE it looks like you have a fun cast!

Thanks, they are fun!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2009, 09:25:50 AM »

Topic of the Day:

Barefoot in the Park
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
The Way We Were

George

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2009, 09:26:19 AM »

And now, I need to take a shower, get dressed and go to work.

Until later!

George

« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2009, 09:26:37 AM »

But before I go, since we're so close...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up