Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: HERBIE AND LEADVILLE JOHNNY BROWN  (Read 15661 times)

FJL

Re: HERBIE AND LEADVILLE JOHNNY BROWN
« Reply #180 on: July 02, 2009, 08:04:19 PM »

George - Thanks for pointing out that mention of Skip in Tom Nondorf's column

Ginny

« Reply #181 on: July 02, 2009, 08:06:49 PM »

Thanks to Ginny, Richard, Jose & Larry for coming over.  Great to see all of you

And thanks to you and Skip for inviting us!  We had a grand time, as always!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #182 on: July 02, 2009, 08:09:03 PM »

Yes, the previously unnamed establishment where Richard and I waited for the rain to let up was the new (to me, anyway) Magnolia Bakery location at 6th Ave. & 49th St.  That's perilously close to this hotel.

And you're also just 4 blocks from the 'wichcraft booths in Bryant Park... And the Crumbs Bakeshop on 42nd (across from Bryant Park)... And Cafe Zaiya in the Japanese Bookstore... And the new Lily O'Brien's Chocolate Cafe on 40th (on the southern side of Bryant Park)... ;)

Oh, and Southwest Airlines has set up a nice "porch" area in the southwest (get it?) corner of Bryant Park.  They're basically serving all the 'wichcraft food, but they have table/waiter service, and offer beer and wine too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #183 on: July 02, 2009, 08:18:06 PM »

DR Jose - Richard and I think we'll just chill here in Midtown tomorrow morning and take that St. Patrick's tour at 1:30.  We'll call you when we're finished with that about dinner at Artie's, OK?  We'll save the Highline/Chelsea Market excursion for next time.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #184 on: July 02, 2009, 08:19:47 PM »

We saw that Southwest Porch when we took a break in Bryant Park on Tuesday.  I didn't take an up-close look and thought it was just a seating area.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: July 02, 2009, 08:25:12 PM »

DR Jose - Richard and I think we'll just chill here in Midtown tomorrow morning and take that St. Patrick's tour at 1:30.  We'll call you when we're finished with that about dinner at Artie's, OK?  We'll save the Highline/Chelsea Market excursion for next time.

DR Ginny - See you tomorrow. Sleep well tonight.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: July 02, 2009, 08:27:40 PM »

We saw that Southwest Porch when we took a break in Bryant Park on Tuesday.  I didn't take an up-close look and thought it was just a seating area.

They set that up to coincide with the start of Southwest Airlines service out of La Guardia.  There have been rumors that they would randomly be giving out trip vouchers to customers there.  However, there have been no reports of anyone "winning".
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #187 on: July 02, 2009, 08:27:59 PM »

Gonna take DR Jose's advice and get some sleep - 'night!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #188 on: July 02, 2009, 08:41:11 PM »

DR CP I remember reading some of your stories about the other names, but not Nancy Kulp....what show?  Was it fun?  Was she an audience pleaser?

She was a favorite of mine since The Bob Cumming Shows and her bird watcher character....

Jrand, I relpaced an actor during the last week or so's run of a British mystery-comedy she was doing.  It was fun (I was the murderer).  She was perfectly pleasant, but I didn't really have much to do with her and didn't really get to know her well.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #189 on: July 02, 2009, 08:43:45 PM »

Kids today - I gotta tell you.  Why when I was that age, all I wanted to know about was the older stuff because I knew it was important and also excellent, which is why I never missed the Million Dollar Movie or The Late Show or The Early Show -

There has not been one movie that has come out yet this year or, for that matter, has been announced for later this year, that I care to go to a theater to see.  Certainly I'll see many of them, but I'll wait for the DVDs to come out.

It's sad, because I really enjoy good movies.

Why don't they make good movies any more?

I just got through watching TCM's special about 1939's year in film.  My God, the great movies!  Like you, Druxy, I hardly go in a movie theatre anymore.  I usually get WGA screeners at the end of the year of most of the good films and rent the rest I may want to see.

Michael

« Reply #190 on: July 02, 2009, 08:44:33 PM »

DR Pogue

I think I mentioned it last week, but I don't think I saw an answer from you.

In the current issue of Creative Screenwriter. There is an article about The Fly. It discusses variations of a final scene that I believe was never filmed. (But was used for Fly II) Was this in your original screenplay or was this a Croenberg invention.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: July 02, 2009, 08:56:53 PM »

DR MBarnum - Do you have plans to see "Kambakkht Ishq"?

Apparently, Sylvester Stallone and Denise Richards play themselves. ???
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #192 on: July 02, 2009, 09:16:49 PM »

DR MBarnum - Do you have plans to see "Kambakkht Ishq"?

Apparently, Sylvester Stallone and Denise Richards play themselves. ???

The Bollywood movies now show in a little town called Cornelius, which is quite a long, hour and a half drive from here...so, alas, I won't be going.  I will see it when it releases on DVD, however. Same with NEW YORK.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: July 02, 2009, 10:42:18 PM »

Someone on All That Chat posted about Show Girl - and I immediately got about ten more orders - funny that people need that validation, but I'm grateful for the orders.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: July 02, 2009, 10:43:00 PM »

I watched a motion picture on DVD (and boy am I spoiled by Blu-Ray) and then began another on Blu-Ray, but since it's close to three hours I won't be finishing it until tomorrow night.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up