Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I'LL TELL YOU NO LIE  (Read 16765 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: I'LL TELL YOU NO LIE
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2009, 07:45:27 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  The noise level was mild but just enough to get me up and now, of course, there is complete silence.  As per usual.  Looks like it's gonna be another hot day.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 07:46:42 AM »

I did record A POCKETFUL OF RYE (once I saw who were playing the various Fortesques I just HAD to see it), and I'll likely get to it tonight before THE CLOSER.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2009, 07:48:45 AM »

On TV TOnight!™

ABC - THE BACHELORETTE, HERE COME THE NEWLYWEDS
NBC - DATELINE
BRA - MY LIFE ON THE D-LIST
TNT - THE CLOSER, RAISING THE BAR

Matt H.

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2009, 07:50:25 AM »

Favorite Billy Wilder:

SOME LIKE IT HOT
SABRINA
DOUBLE INDEMNITY
SUNSET BOULEVARD
ONE TWO THREE
WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION
ACE IN THE HOLE

Guilty pleasure:

THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2009, 07:50:56 AM »

Back from the lab, it's time for laundry. If I don''t do it today, the week will be impossible with the tight schedule I'm on till Thursday.

Back later!

Oh! I forgot to add that I had my third unexpected friend request this morning on Facebook! This one boggles my mind.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2009, 07:51:20 AM »

I am taking the day off unless I'm deluged by review discs when the mail arrives today. The UPS man did not make a stop this morning.

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2009, 07:56:27 AM »

Some how summer has turned to fall today. It is cloudy, cool, and breezy out.
My buddy Mark is visiting from Wyoming and I am going to drive up to Portland to pick him up and then head over to West Linn for breakfast with our friend Gregg.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2009, 08:14:24 AM »

Ordering more postage tapes - no one told me I was running out and I'm now going to have to have them overnighted - filling orders that came in over the weekend will take me down to one or two of these strips.  They don't sell these strips anywhere - not Staples or Office Depot, so one has to order them from Pitney Bowes.  Just got six boxes (apparently I've gone through six boxes since March) and some ink in case that should run out - that should keep me okay for the next four months or so.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2009, 08:16:54 AM »

I guess I'll try to be doing the long jog by nine.  I'm still feeling a little battered and bruised this morning, but it will pass and hopefully soon.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2009, 08:31:24 AM »

I only liked SHORT CIRCUIT when I saw in the theater all those years ago. It was OK but nothing special. I did note the resemblance when I saw WALL-E, but that's the ONLY apt comparison between the two films.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »

Now I must head down and get cleaned up for my lunch out with best friend John.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2009, 09:12:20 AM »

Monday morning afternoon greetings - how did THAT happen?  Richard and I have discovered that we're usually pretty tired on Mondays after the commute to Lima on Sundays.  Couple that with a Saturday of travel following a glorious week in NYC and we're both in slow gear today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2009, 09:15:29 AM »

Good Morning!  Good Afternoon!

I'm up, I'm up... And it's Monday/Sunday/Saturday/Tuesday... Or something like that.
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 09:15:45 AM »

DR Jose, congrats to you and Monkey on the Brooklyn Museum blog yesterday!  Monkey will shortly become one of the most well-known faces of NYC culture and art!

I was also happy to see Monkey's expression of shock and stunned silence while staring at "Look What These Buffoons Have Done To My Beautiful Hardwood Floor!"
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 09:22:32 AM »

Thank you, DR JoseSMonkey, er....Piano :) , for the link to the piece on Miss Marple.

I disagree completely with the writer about Joan Hickson's being chilly. Her Miss Marple is crisp and no nonsense, exactly the way she's pictured in the book. The actresses who try to give her a twinkle are adding an attribute that I don't remember Miss Marple possessing in the books. And if her Miss Marple TV-movies are drab, it's likely due to the drab DVD transfers, all taken from videotape masters and all soft and bland looking apart from AT BERTRAM'S HOTEL which captures those rich interiors of the stately Brown's in London beautifully. Even the beautiful locations in A CARIBBEAN MYSTERY don't come off as they should in the lackluster transfers. But that's not Hickson's fault.

;)

You're welcome, DR MattH - I found the writer's opinion a bit "interesting" too.  I've only caught a handful of the Miss Marple shows over the years, but nothing about Joan Hickson ever came off as off-putting or "not in the spirit" to me. -And I've never heard any complaints from my friends who have watched the series regularly, and a great devotees to the original books.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2009, 09:25:33 AM »

DR Jose, congrats to you and Monkey on the Brooklyn Museum blog yesterday!  Monkey will shortly become one of the most well-known faces of NYC culture and art!

I was also happy to see Monkey's expression of shock and stunned silence while staring at "Look What These Buffoons Have Done To My Beautiful Hardwood Floor!"

:)

Thank You, DR Dan (the Man).  However, once Monkey read the explanation of what those floor scrapers were doing - they were scraping down the floor as it was being installed and before it was finished and sealed - Monkey's expression remained the same. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2009, 09:33:12 AM »

And as for me and Monkey...

Just for kicks, I went ahead and did a Twitter search for "Monkey", "BrooklynMuseum", "MuseumModernArt", and came across a whole string of tweets and retweets - cross-references - which helped to explain the how and where of some of my new Followers, but also the seemingly random spikes in Views on my Flickr page.

Of particular interest were some retweets from museums in England, as well as one in Auckland, NZ!  One museum in England was wondering if Monkey only flew First Class. Hmmm... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2009, 09:34:04 AM »

Good morning!

It was slightly overcast this morning when I went out to get the paper (about an hour later than usual, thank goodness for blessed sleep), but the sun is out in full fury now. It is going to be HOT!

It's raining a little bit, here in Tumwater...the first rain in a while.  Fortunately, my roof was re-roofed last week!  I also found out (the property manager called me this morning) that the roofers have ordered all the 4x4 skylights that are being replaced (like mine) and will install them all at once.  Hopefully, it'll be sooner rather than later.  It was pretty darned warm this weekend.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2009, 09:34:29 AM »

I need to put the dictionary next to the computer again.  So I am permitted to know.

Sam (or anyone else), you could also go to www.dictionary.com or www.m-w.com. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2009, 09:37:06 AM »

Have a great Monday everyone.

HA!

Of course, I first read this as: "Have a great Monkey everyone."

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2009, 09:38:27 AM »

George

« Reply #51 on: July 06, 2009, 09:46:28 AM »

Topic of the Day:

The Apartment
The Front Page
The Seven Year Itch
Some Like It Hot
Sunset Blvd.
Witness for the Prosecution

George

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2009, 09:48:35 AM »

Time to take a shower and shave, then head to work.

Have a good day, all!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2009, 09:55:02 AM »

Just a reminder for any DRs in the NYC area...

There's an added performance of Twelfth Night tonight in The Park (they were off July 4th).

And you still have about 15 minutes to sign up for the Virtual Line. http://vline.publictheater.org/account/
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2009, 10:22:32 AM »

Just a reminder for any DRs in the NYC area...

There's an added performance of Twelfth Night tonight in The Park (they were off July 4th).

And you still have about 15 minutes to sign up for the Virtual Line. http://vline.publictheater.org/account/

Damn! I'm tied up with an orchestration deadline.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DAW

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2009, 10:39:16 AM »

Well waddaya know?   Cops & Robbers just arrived!!       :)

DAW

« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2009, 10:40:17 AM »

ROAD SHOW GIRL! 

;D

The story of my life!       ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2009, 10:55:16 AM »

Back from the long jog - got a slightly late start because there were more packages to address and stamp than I thought.  I shall now take those to the postal office.

Jennifer

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2009, 10:56:21 AM »

Has anyone else gone to amazon.com and noticed a difference?

I used to type in a book and then it would give me choices of many other books that were similar that might interest me.

Now when i type in a book it only gives me 4 choices of similar books. :(

Ben

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2009, 11:00:37 AM »

I'm Gay! I went to the Big Gay Ice Cream Truck after lunch and had a chocolate soft serve with chocolate sprinkles and I can feel the change in my body. Now I'm FABULOUS. That's his whole agenda, I think. Add the secret ingredient and sell to the general public and before you know it, we will have taken over the world with nothing more than a cup of soft serve ice cream   :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up