Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: RERUNS OF HAZEL  (Read 22739 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
RERUNS OF HAZEL
« on: July 08, 2009, 12:23:27 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were new and not a rerun, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're currently watching reruns of Julia.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: RERUNS OF HAZEL
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 12:24:32 AM »

And the word of the day is: LIMNOLOGY!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 12:35:58 AM »

Welcome five GUESTS.  Who ARE you people?

Cillaliz

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 02:08:25 AM »

Oy! At 3:15 AM in the middle of a thunderstorm, I was awakened by my phone ringing. Fearing the worst I flew out of bed and grabbed the phone, but it was all static. I could hear someone I thought couls be my mother, but barely. I hung up the phone and when it rang again I tried to answer but it was all static.  Within moments there was pounding at my door. It was the police. I got some clothes on and answered the door. They said there had been a 911 hang up call from my number and came in to check out the
phone (which was still all static).
They told me it was probably the lightning and they left. They sat outside my house for a good 15 minutes or so before leaving.

It scared the bejesus out of me. I want to go back to sleep, but not sure I can.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 03:20:21 AM »

Good morning, all! I didn't mean to be awake at 5:30, but I was, so I'm showered and back to work on a couple of fixes Alex sent me last night and the second chart for Liz. Around 9 am I will head downtown to drop off the chart at Chelsea Music and to stop at Local 802 for some invoices.

After that, back here to continue. I would like to have the second one finished by lmid-afternoon tomorrow.

There was rain last night? I turned off the tv around 10:15 after watching the new "Pocketful of Rye," and didn't hear a thing!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DAW

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 03:39:58 AM »

There was a huge thunder and lightning storm last night.  I only knew about it when an upset 75-pound dog woke me up by lying on top of me and barking.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 04:32:30 AM »

Fixes to one accomplished. On to the next chart!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

FJL

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 05:14:53 AM »

Vibes  to Cilla!

FJL

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 05:15:27 AM »

Sleep-well-tonight vibes to DAW and dog and family.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 05:23:56 AM »

Wow!  DR CILLA LIZ - now you know how Frances Farmer felt when she was living at the Knickerbocker Hotel and the PO-lice came pounding at her her door to arrest her for not paying a traffic warrant....of course it was 10 o'clock in the morning when that happened.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 05:25:41 AM »

My question for ASK BK day - when you were growing up - what was the MOST frustrating broadcast television conflict you can remember....when there were two shows on at the same time, and you couldn't watch both.....

For me:

Hazel on NBC and Margie on ABC

Bonanza on NBC and The Judy Garland Show on CBS

Here's Lucy on CBS and Laugh-In on NBC

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 05:51:06 AM »

Well BEAU BRUMMELL was certainly a LUSH BUDGET production.  Mr Granger looked quite handsome and Elizabeth Taylor was beautiful.  Peter Ustinov was good as the Prince of Wales, later King George IV.....

But of course the story played fast and loose with many facts - film began with a conflict between Beau and George over the uniform the Prince had designed for his regiment.  Of course Beau was IN the regiment because he was one of George's "favorites" and had been since Beau was 16 years old....

Michael

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 06:03:00 AM »

My question for ASK BK day - when you were growing up - what was the MOST frustrating broadcast television conflict you can remember....when there were two shows on at the same time, and you couldn't watch both.....

For me:

That's a great question!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 06:04:47 AM »

I remember before I had cable I couldn't get ABC. At that time I wanted to see Dark Shadows
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 06:07:23 AM »

ASK BK

Were any of the songs you wrote for Nudie Musical or The Creature Wasn't Nice eligible to have been nominated for an Academy Award?
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 06:22:15 AM »

Oy! At 3:15 AM in the middle of a thunderstorm, I was awakened by my phone ringing. Fearing the worst I flew out of bed and grabbed the phone, but it was all static. I could hear someone I thought couls be my mother, but barely. I hung up the phone and when it rang again I tried to answer but it was all static.  Within moments there was pounding at my door. It was the police. I got some clothes on and answered the door. They said there had been a 911 hang up call from my number and came in to check out the
They told me it was probably the lightning and they left. They sat outside my house for a good 15 minutes or so before leaving.

It scared the bejesus out of me. I want to go back to sleep, but not sure I can.

OMG!  I think I would probably turn on all the lights in the house before I even thought of trying to go to sleep after something like that!

I hope you managed to get some sleep, though, DR Cillaliz!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Laura

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 06:23:06 AM »

That's a very scary story, Cillaliz. I'm glad everything is ok.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 06:23:50 AM »

There was a huge thunder and lightning storm last night.  I only knew about it when an upset 75-pound dog woke me up by lying on top of me and barking.

This was your dog, I hope?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 06:28:20 AM »

That was spooky!!!
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 06:28:29 AM »

For me:

Wednesday nights at 7:30, BATMAN on ABC and LOST IN SPACE on CBS.

Also, for a brief time, Monday nights at 8:00, the last fifteen minutes of THE MUSIC SCENE on ABC (which my older sister insisted on watching) ran into the beginning of LAUGH-IN on NBC.
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 06:40:34 AM »

ANOTHER ASK BK

The following were originally released on the MGM label do they still have control of them as they do with the UA label?

Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 06:43:42 AM »

RERUNS OF HAZEL--that will be the name of the next indie rock band I form.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 06:46:58 AM »

DR Michael S, WHOOP UP was released as a cd over ten years ago.  It went quickly out of print and became one of the most hotly sought and over priced cds on eBay, often going for over $100. (I don't know why--it's a pretty terrible score!  Even Susan Johnson does not save it.)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:54:58 AM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 06:53:58 AM »

And the word of the day is: LIMNOLOGY!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  OL' MAN RIVER

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 07:03:04 AM »

BK, I don't remember HAZEL particularly well, but I did tour in dinner theatre with Don DeFore in The Silver Whistle (also Tony-winner Deanna Dunagan was in the first leg of the tour).  Dallas, then to Columbus during the blizzrd of '76-'77.  Larry Drake (who was also in the cast) and I left Dallas at 11pm on a Sunday after we closed the last show and drove through ice and snow non-stop to my parents house in Northern Kentucky, arriving late Monday night.  We got up early the next morning to drive to Columbus for a 10am pick-up rehearsal that morning, before opening that night.  Ah, show biz!

Mr. DeFore was a very nice fellow full of fun Hollywood stories.  And a big Ronnie Reagan fan...

I'll have your blurb today.

http://poguespages.blogspot.com

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 07:03:09 AM »

This is for BK and Everybody

Jerome Kern was signed to write the score for ANNIE GET YOUR GUN but Died. Irving Berlin was hired. What a different Score that would have been.What Musical would you have liked to be written by a different composer? Who and Why?

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 07:06:27 AM »

The Silver Whistle cast (the fellow on the end is Al Evans, a fine Dallas character actor, not Richard Vath who was, in fact, the director of the play and is not shown):
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:08:33 AM by Charles Pogue »

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 07:12:46 AM »

Wow!  DR CILLA LIZ - now you know how Frances Farmer felt when she was living at the Knickerbocker Hotel and the PO-lice came pounding at her her door to arrest her for not paying a traffic warrant....of course it was 10 o'clock in the morning when that happened.

LOL, What I was afraid of is that someone had died.  With parents in their 80s, any time there is a phone call in the middle of the night I assume it's bad news.   The cops didn't scare me, it was the fear of what they were there to tell me.  I thought that someone had tried to call and couldn't get through so called the police - at least that's what I was afraid of.   

I finally got back to sleep around 4:30 AM.   I'm planning to have lots of coffee today

Cillaliz

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2009, 07:15:17 AM »

OMG!  I think I would probably turn on all the lights in the house before I even thought of trying to go to sleep after something like that!

I hope you managed to get some sleep, though, DR Cillaliz!

The police sat outside my house for quite awhile.  I walked around the house a bit, but then went upstairs.  The cats didn't seem to think anything was strange (other than visitors in the middle of the night) So I took my cell phone to bed with me...just in case.   The cats are very sensitive to anything happening in the house that isn't "right" so when they curled up to go back to sleep, I felt better. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2009, 07:17:37 AM »

Ok, time to go to court in the Ice Cream Capitol of the World.  I hate to admit I've gained 3 pounds over the past few weeks but I have.   Maybe I'll pass on the ice cream today.   Or maybe not..... :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up