Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOLLYWOOD SHOW  (Read 19771 times)

MBarnum

Re: THE HOLLYWOOD SHOW
« Reply #240 on: July 18, 2009, 09:19:59 PM »

DR Elmore, I am sorry you have been feeling poorly! I must give you a call and cheer you up.

MBarnum

« Reply #241 on: July 18, 2009, 09:24:48 PM »

I was aware of the news about June Kenney being found and that Paul Parla was interviewing her. He had wanted to keep it a secret so I didn't want to mention it until it was ok...which, evidently is now! LOL!

Paul, who has been interviewing B movie celebs since the 1980s took the time to look me up a few weeks back to let me know he had found June. He somehow discovered that she was my favorite and wanted to let me know. I was thrilled!
As a matter of fact I just today received an autographed photo of her which Paul had her sign for me!

I have been busily copying DVDs of her movies and TV shows for her to view, as she had none, and had not even seen many of them even when they originally aired/were releasesd.

Once Paul has finished his interview he is going to put me through to her and I can't wait! It will be the culmination of a live-long dream to actually get to chat with her!!!!

Color me very happy!

PS: Jack, sorry I didn't mention any of this to you prior, I just didn't want to break my word to Paul

MBarnum

« Reply #242 on: July 18, 2009, 09:29:17 PM »

By the way, I met Patrick Labyorteaux when I had my first lunch meeting with Miss Laurie Mitchell and Miss Diana Darrin in Studio City at Marie Callendars.

We were all awaiting the arrival of BK, who was going to join us for lunch, but who never did show up and out of the bathroom watched Mr. Labyorteaux. My buddy Ron, who was with us, noticed him first. He was kind enough to chat with us and Laurie (who didn't have a clue who he was) had her photo taken with him. I think Diana Darrin was familiar with him as her son Evan had appeared on LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE a couple of times.

MBarnum

« Reply #243 on: July 18, 2009, 09:29:55 PM »

Well, I am all caught up on two days worth of postings, no must catch up on BIG BROTHER 11.

Laura

« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2009, 09:33:48 PM »

Sounds like you had a fun day with the kids, MBarnum.

Cillaliz

« Reply #245 on: July 18, 2009, 09:39:53 PM »

Time to take a quick bath and head to bed.   Nght

Cillaliz

« Reply #246 on: July 18, 2009, 09:47:18 PM »

DR Laura...are you gettng rain?   The weather channel just said it's falling in North Scotsdale,  thought maybe it had also gotten to your neighborhood

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #247 on: July 18, 2009, 10:40:32 PM »

Good evening

Work has continued to be hectic -  Monday I actually worked 16 1/2 hours... my shortest day all week was 10 1/2 hours...

That's because I "left early" to go see my vascular surgeon... I received approval to have my chemo port removed my my chest

HURRAH!

Great news!!  Congratulations!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #248 on: July 18, 2009, 10:41:39 PM »

Next I watched the Danny Kaye vehicle A SONG IS BORN, the picture of his which I had never seen. He pretty much abandons the slapstick silliness and novelty songs in this movie, and the music is quite good. Of course, the love plot is typical 40s stuff (gun moll falls out of love with the gangster and in love with nebbish professor), and it's too long for such a simple story, but the music offers adequate compensations.

Of course, A Song Is Born is a musical remake of the classic film, Ball Of Fire, written by Billy Wilder.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #249 on: July 18, 2009, 10:44:30 PM »

I have watched the first three episodes of Lost (the first two being the pilot).

George

« Reply #250 on: July 18, 2009, 10:58:39 PM »

I was aware of the news about June Kenney being found and that Paul Parla was interviewing her. He had wanted to keep it a secret so I didn't want to mention it until it was ok...which, evidently is now! LOL!

Paul, who has been interviewing B movie celebs since the 1980s took the time to look me up a few weeks back to let me know he had found June. He somehow discovered that she was my favorite and wanted to let me know. I was thrilled!
As a matter of fact I just today received an autographed photo of her which Paul had her sign for me!

I have been busily copying DVDs of her movies and TV shows for her to view, as she had none, and had not even seen many of them even when they originally aired/were released.

Once Paul has finished his interview he is going to put me through to her and I can't wait! It will be the culmination of a live-long dream to actually get to chat with her!!!!

Color me very happy!

PS: Jack, sorry I didn't mention any of this to you prior, I just didn't want to break my word to Paul

Congrats to you, Michael! 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2009, 11:04:38 PM »

We had our first sold out house tonight, including Betsy and the boys.  I was showing them around the sets (which are huge by any standard) and Jay Pevney, our Max, was out there setting props, and pointed to a lovely vintage photo on Max's office wall and said, "That's a picture of my mom from the cover of Life."  Now I knew his dad was famed director Joseph Pevney and kind of knew his Mom had done some acting, but I had no idea who she was.  It turns out she was Mitzi Green, child star at Paramount and RKO and (and this is the Life magazine cover) the woman who introduced "The Lady is a Tramp" in Babes in Arms on Broadway.  Jay told a charming story about Rodgers and Hart writing the song for her because his Grandmother, who was herself a famous vaudevillian, complained that Mitzi had no belting songs and that the show was full of ballads.  (But what ballads, eh?).  So color me impressed.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

« Reply #252 on: July 18, 2009, 11:35:48 PM »

That's a neat story, JMK! 

George

« Reply #253 on: July 18, 2009, 11:36:44 PM »

And now, I need to try and get some sleep.  I have no idea if I'll be able to sleep, but I need to get to bed early.

Good night, all.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up