Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HAMLET NACHOS  (Read 25460 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: HAMLET NACHOS
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 07:55:26 AM »

On TV TOnight!

NBC - KINGS (series finale)
CBS - 48 HOURS MYSTERY
ABC - DIRTY SEXY MONEY
FOX - COPS, AMERICA'S MOST WANTED
BBCA - PRIMEVAL, BEING HUMAN (premiere)
H&G - DEAR GENEVIEVE
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 07:55:52 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 08:19:19 AM »

I'm normally not a fan of Mexican food, but I'll tell you one meal we had that turned out to be "best," though probably not in the way BK was thinking:  on July 26, 1996, Betsy and I went to a Mexican restaurant up the street from our house and had dinner.  Betsy didn't feel well after the meal and wanted to go for a walk, during which she said she felt very peculiar.  About an hour later, her water broke and the next day, Gabe was born!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Laura

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2009, 08:20:40 AM »

Note to everyone: Taco Bell is not Mexican food.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2009, 08:22:03 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I did not go to the Central Park Underwear run last night.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2009, 08:24:38 AM »

Instead, as I was walking to the Park, I happened to run into a my friend, Michael.  He was just out and about wandering and looking for a place to grab a bite to eat.  So, we ended up heading to the taco truck on 96th for some pretty good carnitas tacos.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2009, 08:30:14 AM »

TOD:

I don't much like MExican food. When we went to MExico, I forced myself to try lots of things to try to develop a taste for it, but it just didn't work. The flavors just don't do anything for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2009, 08:31:07 AM »

Now I';m going to tidy up a few things in the office, and then I'll head back down and check the mail before getting started on fixing some lunch.

WBBL.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #38 on: July 25, 2009, 08:33:41 AM »

Good morning, all! This morning I slept late, but the great achievement was bathing myself, shaving, and washing my hair. It was a very sloppy procedure, but I did it and I'm very proud of my achievement. Of course I'm now on vicodin and muscle relaxer to make the horrible pains go away.

DR elmore, I am so glad that you are making some progress.  Still, I think perhaps we should all chip in and send MBarnum to stay with you until you are fully recovered!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JMK

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2009, 08:36:41 AM »

Now I';m going to tidy up a few things in the office, and then I'll head back down and check the mail before getting started on fixing some lunch.

WBBL.

Tidy oop?  What means tidy oop?  Such a silly word.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2009, 08:37:06 AM »

Yes, folks, if you ever want to avoid licensing THE PRODUCERS, I can recite the whole friggin' show for you for a small fee.  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2009, 08:42:38 AM »

And speaking of Mexican food...

As for the Topic of the Day...

Some lengua and nopales tacos in Logan, Utah.  -Yes, that's tongue and cactus. -And it just so happens that DR elmore and I were talking about Logan, UT, yesterday.  And I think I've mentioned this before, but I found the Mexican food in Logan, UT, quite good, and very authentic.  After asking around, it turned that many Mexicans had settled there after heading el Norte.  The mountains there stopped them from heading any further north.

I've also had some wonderful meals at both of Rick Bayless' restaurants in Chicago, Topolobampo and Frontera Grill.  Even the table salsas were truly revelatory.

The conchinita pibil tamales from Yuca's in Los Feliz (Los Angeles).

I know I've had some great, true Mexican food here in NYC, both high end and low end. I usually prefer the "low end", especially the tortas from El Toro Partido, and the huaraches con chivo (freshly made tortilla with goat) from the late-night taco truck a few blocks from my apartment.  Oh, and the tamales Oaxaceños from the carts that pop up on various corners in my neighborhood.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 08:48:12 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2009, 08:46:22 AM »

Yes, folks, if you ever want to avoid licensing THE PRODUCERS, I can recite the whole friggin' show for you for a small fee.  :)

A few weeks ago, the actor who played Franz in the production I just did, posted as his Facebook status:

"Brazil? Who do I know in Brazil?"

Well... I commented: "Oh, cool!  When are you going to Brazil? Did you get a gig down there?"  Well... He reminded me.

DOH!
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #43 on: July 25, 2009, 08:46:57 AM »

There's a suprisingly large Latino community in Utah now.  Not the case when I was growing up there.  In SLC they tend to live way out on the west side, out by the Great Salt Lake.

JMK

« Reply #44 on: July 25, 2009, 08:47:43 AM »

A few weeks ago, the actor who played Franz in the production I just did, posted as his Facebook status:

Well... I commented: "Oh, cool!  When are you going to Brazil? Did you get a gig down there?"  Well... He reminded me.

DOH!

Weird...in our production, Max has that line.

(That's a little joke).  :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2009, 08:48:49 AM »

DOH!

Weird...in our production, Max has that line.

(That's a little joke).  :)

That one I got. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2009, 08:51:24 AM »

I dearly love our Max, but he has the weirdest inability (something he himself admits) to hear his entrance note on songs.  If he comes in on the right note, he's perfectly on pitch for the whole number.  If he doesn't he just continues singing, more or less intervallically correctly, from wherever he starts.  Last night Along Came Bialy was a Chipmunks version, and Betrayed was similarly weirdly high.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2009, 08:59:21 AM »

The Mexican restaurant at Epcot (San Angel) has been the venue of several of my favorite Mexican meals.  Always a must-visit when we visit Disney World.

I once had an extraordinary burrito at the Taco Bell on 3rd avenue near 57th street when i lived over there.  I've never had that good a Taco Bell meal since then, though.

DR FJL - I've had two good meals at San Angel, alas, the service was quite lacking both times.  Actually, the service was good, but the kitchen was very, very slow.  -And one time I was there as part of the "Disney Team".  There's only so much time you can spend staring at that ceiling and watching the boats go by.

As for Taco Bell - The "secret" is to ask for an item without one of the ingredients - no onions, no tomatoes, no lettuce, etc. It takes the "assembly line" off of auto-pilot.  And make sure you go to a real Taco Bell, and not a Riese-run Taco Bell.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2009, 08:59:29 AM »

Can someone who knows YouTube let me know if there's a better way to have the show description and cast info, which I wrote for every one of those clips, show up for people to see?  Is it there at all?  Since I link to Facebook, is there a way for the info to show up there?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2009, 09:02:08 AM »

And I'm up.  And despite what I was told last week, they are indeed working this morning - hammering and drilling began at eight.  How nice.  I'm officially on the verge of going over there again because I have now been awakened six days a week for the last three months and I'm really overtired and ready to cause mayhem.  Since these jerks have ruined the lawn on the side of the house, I'd say that officially puts them in dangerous territory, since they should not even be stepping on this property, let alone using it and having truck wheels on it and having workers have their lunch on it.  I think come Monday I will call the city guy again and have a little conversation.

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2009, 09:05:14 AM »

TOD - OMG!!!  I cannot believe that my favorite Mexican restaurant is still open for business in greater Detroit:

El Nibble Nook

I first went there with my high school Spanish club in 1967 or '68, and still remember how much I loved the Flautas de Tinga con Crema.  Haven't been there for, probably, 30 years or so.  I've been wanting to go to Michigan and will definitely put this on my to-do list!

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2009, 09:08:10 AM »

Off to meet a friend at Starbucks before the Chautauqua program...bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #52 on: July 25, 2009, 09:11:12 AM »

OH!

DR FJL - Continuing down memory lane...

During one of my first trips out to Los Angeles, my friend, Mark, took me to the Taco Bell that was on the PepsiCo campus out there.  Taco Bell was still owned by PepsiCo at the time.  Now that was a good Taco Bell meal. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: July 25, 2009, 09:15:10 AM »

Can someone who knows YouTube let me know if there's a better way to have the show description and cast info, which I wrote for every one of those clips, show up for people to see?  Is it there at all?  Since I link to Facebook, is there a way for the info to show up there?

I don't know how you edit the clip information, but it would be nice to see the names of the performers, composers, lyricist (you), and the pianist (cough, cough) in the tags.

*And I'm not seeing anything under "More Info".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2009, 09:19:02 AM »

I don't know how you edit the clip information, but it would be nice to see the names of the performers, composers, lyricist (you), and the pianist (cough, cough) in the tags.

bk - It also looks like tags are automatically generated from the title. I think - I don't "YouTube", so... However, it looks like you may have to use quotes in order to have "What If" show up as a tag, rather than "What" and "If".

Maybe DR's FJL and Laura could offer some assistance.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2009, 09:23:12 AM »

It shows up in the Two's Company clips and I did these the exact same way and then clicked "save settings" - weird.  I'll go in and see if I can "edit" and do it again - your name was there, along with mine, the choreographers, etc.

Laura

« Reply #56 on: July 25, 2009, 09:23:32 AM »

We were were building the church, I picked up lunch at one of the local burrito joints for our day workers. That was GOOD food. Sadly, I was eating a delicious chicken burrito when the doctor's office called with my cholesterol results. That was the last burrito for me.

Laura

« Reply #57 on: July 25, 2009, 09:24:29 AM »

I have no idea about youtube and facebook video links. I don't really want anyone but my friends to view my videos, so I don't do any kind of promoting.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2009, 09:27:47 AM »

It shows up in the Two's Company clips and I did these the exact same way and then clicked "save settings" - weird.  I'll go in and see if I can "edit" and do it again - your name was there, along with mine, the choreographers, etc.

This may help in regards to Video Descriptions.

And here's the YouTube Help page for Tags.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2009, 09:36:30 AM »

And guess which episode of the American Theatre Wing's "Working in the Theatre" they are currently re-broadcasting on CUNY: "The Producers"!
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up