Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROUSING NOTES  (Read 45476 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE ROUSING NOTES
« on: August 12, 2009, 12:14:31 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were rousing and had adventure, and now it is time for you to post until the rousing cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE ROUSING NOTES
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 12:15:20 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLORILEGIUM!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 12:17:27 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

DAW

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 02:01:43 AM »

***PAIN-FREE DENTAL VIBES***
for bk today as he's getting crowned!!!!

DAW

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 02:02:34 AM »

***COUNTER-TOP VIBES***
for DR Cillaliz and her helpers this evening!!!

DAW

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2009, 02:03:36 AM »

***MEGA FEEL-BETTER VIBES***
for DRs elmore3003, Matt H., Michael S., Cillaliz, and Jeanne!!!!

DAW

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2009, 02:05:55 AM »

Yesterday, I purchased a tower fan.  Had to go to two Home Depots before I found one.

DAW

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2009, 02:07:20 AM »

DR Kerry, the guy in the photo last night was the bear.   [lions and tigers and....]       ;)

Michael

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2009, 04:54:32 AM »

ALL THE HEALTH VIBES IN THE WORLD AND BEYOND TO THOSE THAT NEED THEM.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2009, 05:05:09 AM »

ASK BK

SPOILER SPOILER SPOLIER

I have been rereading Writer's Block. I have finished chapter 7 and then the next chapter (one) begins with "I was stuck. I had written the first EIGHT chapters..."  Was this an editing error? If not what was the reason for putting chapter 8 after chapter one?

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER END END
Never stop dreaming.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2009, 05:26:43 AM »

And the word of the day is: FLORILEGIUM!

And The Song Of The Day Is: I COULD WRITE A BOOK

Kerry

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2009, 05:28:51 AM »

DR Kerry, the guy in the photo last night was the bear.   [lions and tigers and....]       ;)

Oh my!!!
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2009, 06:24:02 AM »

Wednesday.....MAN OF LA MANCHA re opens tonight.  Molly is in and there will be lots of company in the house all day....oh well.

Vibes for DR JEANNE and DR MATTH.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2009, 06:24:48 AM »

Off to do some errands.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2009, 06:46:52 AM »

* * * * *  HEALTH AND FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR DR JEANNE  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2009, 06:47:12 AM »

* * * * *  HEALTH AND FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR DR MATT  * * * * *
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2009, 06:47:26 AM »

* * * * *  HEALTH AND FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR DR ELMORE * * * * *
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2009, 06:49:32 AM »

* * * * *  GENERAL OVERALL VIBES FOR DR [your name here]  * * * * *
-- Anaïs Nin

FJL

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2009, 06:57:37 AM »

Sorry to have been E&T for a day and a half or so.  The new Sept. 15th deadline for partnerships that are on extension (really, a majority do go on extension) has made the Sept/Oct tax season stretch back a little into August. It's likely to remain so from now on, but that's really OK, since it might spread out over an extra few weeks the intense pressure of the previous Labor-Day-to-Oct-15th mini-tax-season.

FJL

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2009, 06:59:26 AM »

Health vibes to Cilla, Jeanne, Larry, Matt and Michael

FJL

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 06:59:42 AM »

I haven't caught up on yesterday yet.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2009, 07:07:56 AM »

There's DR FJL!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2009, 07:08:20 AM »

I remember seeing ENDLESS LOVE on cable television many many times. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2009, 07:18:41 AM »

Good morning, all! I believe I once began watching "Endless Love" and gave up. I have no idea what happens after the first 30 minutes or so. It's my memory that Zefferrelli in his memoirs says he discovered Martin Hewett parking cars. He has fascinating but oblique things to say about several of his leading men.

Today, I tackle MOST HAPPY FELLA; my goal is to finish up the bass part, begin the Appendix numbers, hopefully finish them tomorrow, and liesurely type up the notes. I slept poorly again last night and i am quite groggy this morning; my left arm and shoulder are acting up and I have no idea if it's a part of my general malaise or a new presentiment of impending disaster. I'm hoping it's becauseof the awkward sleeping positions that the pain in my leg forces me to assume, but who knows? I'm trying to avoid thinking of my health intil August 24, when my doctor returns; my biggest goal bwetween now and Sept 1 is to make some money to pay off my debts as well as my impending IRS and NY State estimated taxes and health insurance; I think I'll either laugh hysterically or sob uncontrollably as I write that check.

Good vibes to DRs Jeanne, MattH for health, Ginny for family travails, JRand58 for a successful show, to BK for the dentist, and to all others for health, wealth, travel, whatever!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2009, 07:20:48 AM »

DR MattH, just read your posts about your not feeling well again. Hope you feel better. ~~~~~~

Btw, Re: your Y&R comments about chance and chloe (btw, how old is chance supposed to be anyways?? I thought he was way younger than chloe).

You haven't been watching the show that long. But when chloe was introduced she was one of the most hated characters on the show. She was mean and out for herself and didn't care who she hurt.

They had her trick cane into marrying her (and breaking it off with lily). And she was really a piece of work.

Then they added her on contract for 3 years and all the fans were wondering why (since she was really disliked).

But then the writers started changing how they wrote her. They let her become real. And the fans started responding. IMO it was when they told us that ester was her mother. For the first many months it was not revealed that chloe was really little kate (who used to be on the show many years ago).

To me this was the turning point for the character since ester is a good person and it made all the difference. Chloe still goes after things that aren't good for her. But she married billy to give her daughter a home (and she really loves him). So they toned her down a lot. And i actually really like her now and think she would be cute with chance.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2009, 07:31:09 AM »

I've been listening to Respighi's three wonderful chamber orchestra suites "Ancient Airs and Dances," and I want to know why the main theme of Set 2, No 4: "Bergamasca" sounds so much to me like a Western Movie theme rather than an Italian Renaissance tune.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2009, 07:40:55 AM »

DR MattH, just read your posts about your not feeling well again. Hope you feel better. ~~~~~~

Btw, Re: your Y&R comments about chance and chloe (btw, how old is chance supposed to be anyways?? I thought he was way younger than chloe).

You haven't been watching the show that long. But when chloe was introduced she was one of the most hated characters on the show. She was mean and out for herself and didn't care who she hurt.

They had her trick cane into marrying her (and breaking it off with lily). And she was really a piece of work.

Then they added her on contract for 3 years and all the fans were wondering why (since she was really disliked).

But then the writers started changing how they wrote her. They let her become real. And the fans started responding. IMO it was when they told us that ester was her mother. For the first many months it was not revealed that chloe was really little kate (who used to be on the show many years ago).

To me this was the turning point for the character since ester is a good person and it made all the difference. Chloe still goes after things that aren't good for her. But she married billy to give her daughter a home (and she really loves him). So they toned her down a lot. And i actually really like her now and think she would be cute with chance.

Thanks for the backstory, DR Jennifer. I haven't gotten to the point of liking Chloe yet. Maybe it will come... :)

I think Chance could do better, but I don't know enough about the characters on the to make any suggestions. I just had a knee-jerk reaction to Chloe's pushing Chance into someone's arms. He's an adult. He can make up his own mind. He doesn't need ANYONE matchmaking. (As someone who endured this the entire time I was under my parents' roof, you might understand my distaste for such a practice.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 07:42:00 AM »

Good morning!

A gentle rain is falling this morning, and it's only supposed to be in the 80s today instead of the 90s. I hope the forecasters are right.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 07:44:34 AM »

Thanks for all the good health wishes. I wish I could say they've helped, but in my case, they didn't. I was seized with terrible muscle spasm this morning and called my doctor only to be told there was nothing available until tomorrow morning, so I'll have to wait it out. Pain has subsided into a dull ache, but I am SO tired of feeling achy. Enough is enough.

Matt H.

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 07:45:56 AM »

If I can concentrate this afternoon, my work project will be another Criterion disc: THE LAST DAYS OF DISCO. I never saw this at the theater, so this will be my first time with the movie.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up