Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE ROUSING NOTES  (Read 45699 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE ROUSING NOTES
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »

Such a lovely story.  Thanks for posting the link DR derBRUCER.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2009, 01:54:34 PM »

I think for Page Five, we need to see more current photos of Zach and Gabe....surely they have gotten taller since DR JMK's avatar photo was taken.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2009, 01:54:54 PM »

I am now on my way to the Wednesday evening performance of MAN OF LA MANCHA.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2009, 02:31:01 PM »

A very frustrating day in some ways: I'm caught waiting for some answers from MTI about MOST HAPPY FELLA materials before I can finish the show, and that leaves me sitting around wondering how to proceed.

On the positive side, I've hired by super's grandson, who's visiting from Belgrade, to come in next Wednesday and help me take books off a couple of bookshelves, some of which I will pack up for Miami University,  so we can line the bookcases straight against the wall again before they collapse and my handyman George, who secured the other wall of bookcases after their collapse in 2004, can secure them to the wall. The only dilemma at the moment is how I'm paying the kid and George, but at some point I should be getting paid from the Liz Callaway work and maybe another job - although I doubt it will be the LoC.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2009, 03:03:58 PM »

Thank God for a persistent feeling that Ben had copied everything on MOST HAPPY FELLA. I just discovered the missing materials. Relief.

I also paid a visit to the basement to George's shop to check his availability next week. He 74 and having an eye operation on a cataract. Since I don't want these bookcases collapsing, please send George some good vibes for his eye.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2009, 03:11:35 PM »

BK

Did you miss my question earlier this morning?
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: August 12, 2009, 03:34:06 PM »

BK

Did you miss my question earlier this morning?

Maybe he didn't want to answer it?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: August 12, 2009, 03:36:28 PM »

Hey, I just noticed that Michael has passed the 7000 Post mark!  Congrats!!

;D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 03:38:22 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: August 12, 2009, 03:40:22 PM »

At last, some good news today! My publisher just sent me an email with an inquiry from the Babylon Chorale of Amityville, NY, about a Yiddish or Hebrew text for my arrangement of the Hanukka song, "Likhtelekh," which I did for my publisher with a new English text. So far, for this holiday concert season, I have the following works being performed:
The Atlanta Gay Men's Chorus is performing the orchestrated version of "Twelve Days of Christmas"
The Hampton Roads Men's Chorus (Norfolk, VA) is performing both the orchestrated 
versions of "The Virgin's Slumber Song" and "Trois Noels Francais"The Orlando Gay Chorus is performing the piano-vocal version of "The Long Christmas Dinner"
The Capital City Men's Chorus (Austin, TX) is performing "A Joyful Noise" (the orchestrated version)

And it isn't even September yet! I see a nice royalty check in 2010.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: August 12, 2009, 03:56:28 PM »

Great news, Elmore! 

~~~Vibes for More Work!!~~~

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #130 on: August 12, 2009, 04:09:26 PM »

Great news, Elmore! 

~~~Vibes for More Work!!~~~

:D

Preferably ones with prompt payment!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: August 12, 2009, 04:22:38 PM »

Well, today's photo may not be as exciting as yesterday's photo was to some of our regulars - who will remain nameless (Kerry).

However, I do think this photo offers an adorable young lad playing the role of "THE LITTLEST ANGEL", December 1956.

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: August 12, 2009, 04:31:45 PM »

Thanks for all the good health wishes. I wish I could say they've helped, but in my case, they didn't. I was seized with terrible muscle spasm this morning and called my doctor only to be told there was nothing available until tomorrow morning, so I'll have to wait it out. Pain has subsided into a dull ache, but I am SO tired of feeling achy. Enough is enough.

Matt, I am so sorry. 

Comfort vibes to you.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #133 on: August 12, 2009, 04:33:25 PM »

I've been listening to Respighi's three wonderful chamber orchestra suites "Ancient Airs and Dances," and I want to know why the main theme of Set 2, No 4: "Bergamasca" sounds so much to me like a Western Movie theme rather than an Italian Renaissance tune.

A SPAGHETTI WESTERN

LOL!   ;D
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: August 12, 2009, 04:57:46 PM »

In other exciting news, I have received a top secret express mail package which contains a piece of high tech equipment which will play into my new writing job.  All I can say at this point is that it is much smaller than expected.

(We're waiting, DAW).  :)

Are you saying size doesn't matter?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2009, 04:58:33 PM »

Finally listening to APARTMENT/FORTUNE COOKIE.  My CD player is having some probs with FORTUNE COOKIE, but I will not be doing a chargeback as I'm pretty certain it's the player.  ;D I had forgotten SECOND CHANCE comes from FORTUNE COOKIE--I've done that song for years with various singers.

Of course, if you'd gotten your Kritzerland Two For The Seesaw you'd know that Second Chance originated with that score and Previn recycled it for Fortune Cookie source music.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2009, 05:00:55 PM »

What was Shayne's question?  I vaguely remember it.  Oh, yeah, Writer's Block - i think it's the way I wanted or it's an editorial mistake - either way, I like it.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »

A very frustrating day in some ways: I'm caught waiting for some answers from MTI about MOST HAPPY FELLA materials before I can finish the show, and that leaves me sitting around wondering how to proceed.

On the positive side, I've hired by super's grandson, who's visiting from Belgrade, to come in next Wednesday and help me take books off a couple of bookshelves, some of which I will pack up for Miami University,  so we can line the bookcases straight against the wall again before they collapse and my handyman George, who secured the other wall of bookcases after their collapse in 2004, can secure them to the wall. The only dilemma at the moment is how I'm paying the kid and George, but at some point I should be getting paid from the Liz Callaway work and maybe another job - although I doubt it will be the LoC.

And how old is this grandson?
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2009, 05:07:43 PM »

Finally listening to APARTMENT/FORTUNE COOKIE.  My CD player is having some probs with FORTUNE COOKIE, but I will not be doing a chargeback as I'm pretty certain it's the player.  ;D I had forgotten SECOND CHANCE comes from FORTUNE COOKIE--I've done that song for years with various singers.

Of course, if you'd gotten your Kritzerland Two For The Seesaw you'd know that Second Chance originated with that score and Previn recycled it for Fortune Cookie source music.

Well, sir, I did indeed get my TWO FOR THE SEESAW and in fact thought that piece had started there and then concluded this morning I was misremembering.  There's a bit on my plate right now, in case you hadn't heard.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2009, 05:13:57 PM »

Old enough that I know you're not going to meet him.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2009, 05:17:27 PM »

What a fascinating day.  I arrived for my nine-thirty dentist appointment and was told that I had no dentist appointment until next Monday, the 17th.  I found that decidedly odd, but I wasn't unhappy and I left.  When I got home, I looked at my appointment card, and the way this gal had made a 7 looked just like a 2, hence my thought that the appointment was today.  I then did a boatload of errands and whatnot, then had lunch, then remembered I have to be on a panel this evening for my pal Barbara Deutsch.  So, I now need to get ready for that.  I don't know why, but something made me think of Barbara this afternoon - had I not, I never would have remembered.  I really must start looking at my iCal every morning.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2009, 05:20:20 PM »

Old enough that I know you're not going to meet him.

:o
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2009, 05:27:30 PM »

We seem to have stalled on Page 5.
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2009, 05:33:35 PM »

There's a bit on my plate right now, in case you hadn't heard.  :)

Whenever you feel overwhelmed, consider that Gabe could have had a twin brother!

der Brucer
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 05:38:42 PM by DERBRUCER »
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DAW

« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2009, 05:38:45 PM »

***GOOD EYE VIBES***
for George.  NOT the DR George.  elmore3003's George.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2009, 05:52:29 PM »

Hello, everyone.

I do hope that all the distress and pain our DRs are experiencing subsides VERY soon.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2009, 06:00:57 PM »

I saw the dentist today, even if BK didn't. No, NOT the dentist I tried to see last week--a different one. All I needed was a routine cleaning today, but I will soon need much more and I'm hoping to find a dental practice that offers the same quality of care that I was receiving in Virginia. Today's experience was so-so. They put me in the chair quickly, but the cleaning was the quickest one I've ever had. The dentist came in afterwards, but didn't even look in my mouth--this was called the "oral exam." They had a new-patient promotion for $49, so it was cheap. I think it's like the cereal boxes that get smaller and smaller, so they don't have to raise the price.

A new reality series--Jeanne shops for a new dentist?

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2009, 06:02:24 PM »

We have been to the hospital for our daily visit.  When we got home I fixed a nice dinner of baked salmon, mac & cheese,  and broccoli.  We're thinking of going out later to try to see the meteor shower.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2009, 06:10:31 PM »

We have been to the hospital for our daily visit.  When we got home I fixed a nice dinner of baked salmon, mac & cheese,  and broccoli.  We're thinking of going out later to try to see the meteor shower.

Any change at the hospital, Ginny?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: August 12, 2009, 06:27:59 PM »

***GOOD EYE VIBES***
for George.  NOT the DR George.  elmore3003's George.

Thank you! Goerge Hardy is one of the really great gentlemen and one ofmyfavorite people.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up