Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BILL NOTES  (Read 36297 times)

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
Re:THE BILL NOTES
« Reply #120 on: March 28, 2004, 07:59:02 PM »

I feel like I'm forever bombarding you folks with vibe requests, but this is another severe one:

Last night my best friend tfrom middle school was in a car accident, and he died. He, Nik, and another boy, Tony, were in the bed of a pickup truck, while another boy Adam was driving. Adam is only 15 and shouldn't have been driving in the first place, let alone with passengers who weren't wearing seatbelts, in the dark. Anyway, Adam was speeding and hit a pothole, throwing Tony and Nik from the bed. They were run over by the truck, and he crashed it. Tony and Nik were pronounced dead at the scene, Adam is in critical condition at a local hospital. So far I know that he has broken both legs, and was blinded.

Nik was my best friend for a long time, and we were still good friends, although we attended different high schools. I loved that kid. He was amazingly talented, and smart, and a good friend. Please send good vibes to all of their families...my community is being hit pretty hard this week. Thank you.
...Walk in the sunshine...

Kerry

« Reply #121 on: March 28, 2004, 08:00:59 PM »

I shall have to wait until my days off to read all the posts and notes.  I'm posting  now because I reallly should be working on my taxes.   Much easier to post.
I like boat races.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #122 on: March 28, 2004, 08:08:06 PM »

Hey everyone!

I apologize for having been errant and truant all weekend!  It's been pretty busy with rehearsals, and then Friday night I had a sleepover party (not QUITE as cool as the one I had with Jenny, but still very fun).

Today I did some shopping, and bought "The Critic" on DVD.  Do you guys remember that show?  It was by the creators of "The Simpsons" and aired about 10 years ago; it's about a balding, feckless film critic named Jay Sherman and the movie spoofs are just hilarious.  I think if anything, this show was TOO witty.  Anyway, I'm savoring it.  

TCB--Angel lives up to her name!  What a beautiful cat!  I wish I had pics of my cats online, especially of my little darling Chickie, who I've had for about 12 years now.

Panni--I wondered that myself about Sarah Polley.  I don't mind it too much when an "indie" actor branches off into more mainstream fare, as long as they continue to make intelligent, offbeat movies too.  I imagine Johnny Depp will go this route.

Swish--I know I've already expressed my condolences to you, but I just want to tell you again how sad I am about this.  Of course, I didn't know this boy, but it's so horrible to read about all the lives that are being cut short, lives that intersected with your own.  You are in my thoughts right now.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #123 on: March 28, 2004, 08:08:27 PM »

Good Evening!

As DR Jay posted earlier, I have been busy the past week and a half.  However, there is some major breathing room coming up in about two days.  -We open on Tuesday.

It's a beautiful show, and it's a great cast too.  Very good people all around.  We all just need to make it to opening night, then we can rest.  -With the way the schedule is laid out, we go 12 days with no full day off, so...  But the show really has come together nicely.

I'd write more, but I have a headache from lack of sleep - and the usual tech/preview week stress.. so...

Goodnight.

-I'll be back to "normal" later this week.

Oh, and here's the link to the theatre:

http://www.fordstheatre.org

And here's a link to the photographer's website which has the production photos he took during tech.  *There a LOTS of photos posted here, so if you have a slow dial-up connection it may take a while to load.

http://www.stanbarouh.com/fords/childrenofeden

And here's a separate link for the photos they took of Ivo who does the "flying" in the show.  He used to be with Cirque du Soleil in the Dralion show.

http://www.stanbarouh.com/fords/ivo
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: March 28, 2004, 08:14:21 PM »

DR SS: Good vibes to everyone in your community, and expecially to you.  You all seem to be going through a particularly rough patch, which I hope gets better soon.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: March 28, 2004, 08:14:51 PM »

And in keeping with today's discussion of Anastasia, here is my other baby, Czar Nicholas III:

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #126 on: March 28, 2004, 08:25:25 PM »

DR Jose, thanks for the links!  The photos are spectacular!  Der Brucer and I are hoping to make it southward for the show.  (Assuming we do, what color roses do you like?)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #127 on: March 28, 2004, 08:26:35 PM »

DR TCB, those are two of the nicest pussies I've seen in a long time!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: March 28, 2004, 08:41:44 PM »

Well, Rosalind Russell did get an Oscar nomination as Best Actress for MY SISTER EILEEN, the 1942 version, of course. Obviously, she's not in the 1955 Columbia musical remake, another clear example of a writer who either doesn't research at all or doesn't fact check. Those kinds of things used to drive me crazy, and back in the pre-e-mail days, I spent a small fortune writing to writers/critics who made obvious, glaring factual errors in their pieces. Now, I just shrug and shake my head at the degree of ineptitude that's out there.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #129 on: March 28, 2004, 08:46:47 PM »

After the discussion earlier today, I put aside LOST IN TRANSLATION which I had planned on watching and instead put in ANASTASIA. It does look wonderful, and I guess the sound is sometimes problematic because they were trying for directional dialogue. I noticed not all of the voices were coming from the center speaker. Nice stereo separation across the front sound field, but the surround channel wasn't used too much, I noted, except in Alfred Newman's splendid title music and a few other places where music was piped to the rear channel. Still, it's a grand show. Looking forward to PEYTON PLACE this week at some point which I'm sure will look and sound equally good.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #130 on: March 28, 2004, 09:09:17 PM »

Maya, I remember The Critic by Richard Brinsley Sheridan.  Very funny play.  I actually have a wonderful tape of a British TV production of it that aired on A&E when it actually was a channel devoted to Arts and Entertainment...of which it now has precious little.  Same with Bravo.  You think that with up to 200 channels on most cable systems that some damned channel would stay true to its initial original mandate.  There is an audience for this stuff.  I remember when Bravo used to show us plays and operas and ballet and foreign films instead Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and other rather useless make-over crap that we get enough of elsewhere.  I can remember when the Travel Channel used to show us Great Country Inns and take us to England and France and other interesting places instead of Great Bikini Beaches and Vegas, Vegas, Vegas All The Time.

BK - How interesting you mention John Pleshette.  He played Lee Harvey Oswald in the TV movie I mentioned earlier today directed by David Greene.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: March 28, 2004, 09:17:48 PM »

Well, he's certainly weasel enough to play Oswald.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #132 on: March 28, 2004, 09:35:00 PM »

Condolences to you, Dear Reader Swishy Sarah.  You and your entire community must be reeling from the multiple tragedies of the last few weeks!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #133 on: March 28, 2004, 09:56:35 PM »

Ah, I'm much better looking now.  It's so nice to have an in-house computer tech!   :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #134 on: March 28, 2004, 10:22:14 PM »

Thank you, DR(s) Maya and SWW, I am glad you liked the pictures of my babies.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: March 28, 2004, 10:23:51 PM »

DR Sarah, my deepest sympathies to you and your entire community.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: March 28, 2004, 10:25:44 PM »

DR Sarah, my deepest sympathies to you and your entire community.

Good evening, son..  Don't just sit there reading... we need posts, dammit.
“One thing’s universal,

Jed

« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2004, 10:45:24 PM »

Ok ok, here's a post for ya, dad!

So, Juliana's going on in Seattle on Tuesday, Wednesday, and possibly Friday, eh?  Pity she's not going on Saturday, as that's when DR Ann and myself will be seeing the show!
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Laura II

« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2004, 10:52:02 PM »

Sawah, I know I talked with you earlier, but like Maya, I'd also like to express my condolences here. I can't imagine what you are feeling right now, and I just want to remind you that I'm always here (even though I know you know this). Feel free to call me anytime for anything. I love you, sis. You, your friends, Nik, his family and friends, and everyone affected by this tragedy are in my prayers.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts for our community. I haven't personally been affected in the sense of knowing anyone involved, but it means a lot that you care. I hope the rainbow after this storm arrives soon.
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2004, 10:56:51 PM »

Jed, I think you and Ann should try to change the night you're seeing the show.

Jed

« Reply #140 on: March 28, 2004, 11:33:44 PM »

If not for my work schedule precluding the Tuesday and Wednesday shows, I'd be all for it.  For Friday, I've got a ticket to see a cousin of mine in her high school production of Guys and Dolls.  Not able to do that one a different night with the family, unfortunately.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up