Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DAY OF REST THAT WASN'T  (Read 44326 times)

DAW

Re: THE DAY OF REST THAT WASN'T
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 06:01:44 AM »

So, Laura DR, you were not paid directly by the court system?    ???

DAW

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 06:03:09 AM »

***HEALTH VIBES***
for DR elmore3003
for DR Matt H.
and for DR Michael S.!!!

DAW

« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 06:04:44 AM »

***AND FINANCIAL VIBE$***
for DR elmore3003!!!!!

Kerry

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2009, 06:05:21 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR Woody!!!!
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2009, 06:05:37 AM »

***HEALTH VIBES***
for DR elmore3003
for DR Matt H.
and for DR Michael S.!!!

Thank you, DR singdaw! And I send vibes to DRS Michael, Matt H, Ginny and anyone in need!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2009, 06:28:20 AM »

Good morning!

The newspaper forecast says we have a 50% chance of rain, but you'd never know it from the blue skies and sunshine we have right now. Looks to be a pretty (albeit hot) day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #36 on: August 17, 2009, 06:29:43 AM »

***HEALTH VIBES***
for DR elmore3003
for DR Matt H.
and for DR Michael S.!!!

Thank you, DR singdaw! And I send vibes to DRS Michael, Matt H, Ginny and anyone in need!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you DRs DAW and ELmore.

I wish I could say the improvement I was heartened by this weekend was continuing, but it isn't. Last night and this morning put me back to square one in terms of pain and aching. I am SO dispondent. You'll see why in my next post.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2009, 06:34:02 AM »

I was in a great deal of pain this morning, but I took my Vicodin at 6 and got ready for my day. My driver's license is expiring in a couple of weeks, and I was determined to renew it today.

I get in the car and drive to the bureau (we have to take an eye test and pass the roadsign test to renew). The driving position in the car is bad for my affliction, and my arm started killing me on the way there. It's a 15-20 minute drive to the bureau, and I almost turned around a couple of times, but at stop signs, I contort my arm around my back and ease the strain on the parts that were causing distress.

Anyway, I get to the bureau, but the parking lot is suspiciously empty. I walk up to the door, and there's a sign saying they were CLOSED today from 8-1!!! THE ONE DAY I PICK TO GO DO THIS, AND IT'S CLOSED!

I guess I have not been living right. I wanted to burst out crying right then and there.

Matt H.

« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2009, 06:35:59 AM »

Happy Birthday Wishes to DR S. Woody White!!!

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2009, 06:39:09 AM »

Well, I just got the word from my doctor that my MRI will be done at 5 tomorrow afternoon. At least that's scheduled now.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: August 17, 2009, 06:44:33 AM »

And the UPS man just brought another review copy: ADVENTURELAND on Blu-ray. It's a Disney film I know nothing about.

Matt H.

« Reply #41 on: August 17, 2009, 06:46:32 AM »

I'll be continuing my work on that Japanese film noir box. I have two movies left. Again, I'll do one this afternoon and one this evening. The names are so unusual that I just can't keep them in my head. I'll report it this afternoon after I've watched it.

MBarnum

« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2009, 06:50:25 AM »

As I missed a whole day of HHW yesterday, here is my birthday wish to the fabulous DR Vixmom!!! Hope it was a wonderful day, you sweet thing!

Matt H.

« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 06:50:30 AM »

On TV Tonight!™

ABC - WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE?, DATING IN THE DARK
NBC - GREAT AMERICAN ROAD TRIP, DATELINE
BBCA - TOP GEAR
FOOD - DINERS/DRIVE-IN
H&G - PROPERTY V.
TNT - THE CLOSER

MBarnum

« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 06:51:55 AM »

Vibes to all of you in pain! I don't envy any of you. Please get better soon!!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #45 on: August 17, 2009, 06:52:50 AM »

DR Vixmom, you have a most wonderful daughter! That poem was so sweet and beautiful. How fortunate you both are to have each other.

Jennifer

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2009, 06:53:51 AM »

DR Vixmom sounds like you had a wonderful birthday. And the food sounds like it was very delicious.

I have a similar Shark steam mop (although just the regular one) and love it. It makes mopping so much easier and actually enjoyable. Plus you don't have to use the harsh chemicals!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: August 17, 2009, 06:56:03 AM »

Happy Birthday, S. Woody White!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #48 on: August 17, 2009, 06:56:36 AM »

I had a very tiring weekend. It was very hot and sunny. So my niece, parents, sister, aunt and uncle and I spent much of the weekend at an outdoor pool my parents are members of.

My niece (who will turn 4 in a month) has been taking swimming lessons all year. And they have really paid off. She was so good. She can swim the entire length of the pool by herself with her bubble. And she can swim about 10 feet without it. She jumps in with her bubble and it is so cute.

Since it was so hot we were afraid her scalp would burn so i found a bathing cap i had bought but never used. It's one of those material ones (i've never seen those before). She looked so cute in it!

MBarnum

« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2009, 06:57:05 AM »

And for S. Woody White, hope you have the day off for your birthday!!

Jennifer

« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2009, 07:01:40 AM »

I also ended up going to International Day, where many countries serve free food. Some of it is really good. And some would be good if it was hot. IT's hard but some of the people involved know exactly what to do. For instance Greece, for the past 3 years they always serve the same thing. But it is delicious (my fav of the day) and they put it out so people don't have to wait.

They serve souvlaki, a pita, sauce, spinach pie, and cheese pie. And they plate it right before people are allowed to eat.

My niece's lola was there at the philippines table, although she didn't make the food this year. The food was good, although the eggrolls were not as good as hers or her sisters.

The only problem was it was way too hot with no shade. The sun was ridiculous and they were behind (there was dancing too. So they wouldn't let people serve the food. And some people who had pre-plated, like china, ending up serving cold food that did not taste too good cold. :(

But it was a fun day. After that i was so hot and i went back to the pool and finally got to swim (well an hour after i'd digested all that food). I cannot swim when my niece is there because i have to watch her!

MBarnum

« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2009, 07:03:13 AM »

Had a wonderful time yesterday at India Festival 2009. Taylor, Benny, and I took the train into downtown Portland and it dropped us off right at Pioneer Square, where the festivities were already in motion.

We first sat and watched numerous absolutely wonderful authentic Indian dances, and some Bollywood style dancing, from kids from the Anjali School of Dance. Man alive these little ones were good, and the costumes were quiet elaborate and authentic.

After awhile we went to the food booths and had some lunch, then shopped a bit at some of the vendor booths. Taylor was quite enamored of the booths that sold Indian jewelry, and thanks to Uncle Mike, she got some pretty nice bling. Benny got a children's book on Krishna titled KRISHNA ROCKS. Uncle Mike bought two Indian style shirts while discussing he merits of John Abraham with the gal who was selling them.

I did not take very many pictures, but will late post those that I did take.

Jennifer

« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2009, 07:04:53 AM »

Happy Birthday to SWW!!!

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2009, 07:06:44 AM »

Oh and i meant to mention re: the vixters's poem, it made me teary too!

Jennifer

« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2009, 07:08:14 AM »

DR MattH that is terrible that your pain is back. But at least you will go to the doctor tomorrow. And hopefully they will find something that will make you feel better.

It's too bad that you had to drive all the way to find the place closed. But it's probably better not to have to take the test while you're in so much pain.

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2009, 07:09:25 AM »

Is anybody following the BIG BROTHER LIVE FEEDS??

OMG!!!  Interesting that they mentioned part of it at the end of last night's show (to make people tune in on tuesday). I hope they show exactly what happened (since they turned off the feeds).

MBarnum

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2009, 07:15:59 AM »

I don't think I saved anything from Jr. High other then my yearbooks. I did put together a scrap book of stuff from High School...programs from the plays I was in, school newspapers that I appeared in, photos of friends, etc. I look through it every now and then.

Kerry

« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2009, 07:21:58 AM »

Well, I just got the word from my doctor that my MRI will be done at 5 tomorrow afternoon. At least that's scheduled now.

At least that is some progress, Matt.  Sending {{{{{vibes}}}}} to you!
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2009, 07:27:11 AM »

In the Phoenix schools, our grade schools went from grades 1 through 8  sometimes broken up into two schools 1-4 and 5-8), and the high schools went from grades 9 through 12. So I had no junior high.

I have class pictures from grade school and few things in a scrapbook that fell apart years ago.  From high school I have programs pf the plays I was in, my 3 yearbooks (since I graduated early-- thank goodness), and I hung on to a few poems and songs that peopel wrote to me/for me.  I used to look at this stuff periodically, but it has gotten buried deeper and deper beneath Playbills, menus from ships, etc.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:35:16 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2009, 07:38:08 AM »

At least that is some progress, Matt.  Sending {{{{{vibes}}}}} to you!

Thanks, and thanks also to DR Jennifer. Yes, I really want to move forward toward some kind of effective treatment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up