Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: TEMPEST IN A TEAPOT  (Read 44717 times)

DAW

Re: TEMPEST IN A TEAPOT
« Reply #90 on: August 18, 2009, 09:44:07 AM »

DR DAW - THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

DAW

« Reply #91 on: August 18, 2009, 09:45:15 AM »

You young MTV-educated whippersnappers

I've never watched MTV.         ;)

And even if I had, I wouldn't consider myself educated.   Or even edified.         :D

DAW

« Reply #92 on: August 18, 2009, 09:46:01 AM »

Off to whomp up some lunch somehow.   Somewhere.

Kerry

« Reply #93 on: August 18, 2009, 09:57:51 AM »

It's a lovely morning here.
When I got out of bed, I glanced out my window, there was a doe standing near my driveway.  She must've heard the sounds of me rising, for she looked up at my window for a few moments then went back to munching leaves.
So nice that Miss Dixie Bell and I have already had our cemetery run!  We stopped on the way at the Post Office where the postmistress was taking care of her flowers.  Dixie Bell loves meeting new people, and Rhonda even gave her a doggie treat.

Sounds lovely where you live.
I like boat races.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #94 on: August 18, 2009, 10:02:25 AM »

Good luck, also, to George with Brain.

Thanks!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #95 on: August 18, 2009, 10:03:26 AM »

When do you find out if you're in the show?

Hopefully soon.  Probably within a week or two...I'm sure he said something like that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Kerry

« Reply #96 on: August 18, 2009, 10:04:36 AM »

TOD-- Movies (I don't know from Blu and Ray)
List is subject to change at a moment's notice!

A Star Is Born (1954)
Casablanca
Sabrina
Swing Time (if not the whole Astaire and Rogers collection)
Now, Voyager
All About Eve
The Women
Shirley Valentine
Philadelphia Story
That's Entertainment (since I can't take every musical with me)
I like boat races.

George

« Reply #97 on: August 18, 2009, 10:06:17 AM »

DR George, I looked at my R&H vocal score for "The Brain From Planet X," and Josh does not have 4-note chords for that section in the chorus part. However, I must also add that I have not seen the final chorus books but the notes are indeed D-flat and B-flat and the section from m. 45-54 is indeed in 2-part harmony. I am assuming that the vocal books are in my hand as I turned them in to R&H, I did get a call about a list of vocal ranges when I was in Ohio and the person I spoke to told me he would take care of that. And that's all I know.

I'll ask Josh if I can get copies of each to make sure that my memory is at least somewhat accurate. ;)

Kerry

« Reply #98 on: August 18, 2009, 10:08:20 AM »

Last night we watched AN AFFAIR TO REMEMBER, which neither of us had seen before.  While I liked it a lot, I couldn't help feeling that it could have been improved slightly by a little judicious editing.

I loved the romantic banter between Mr. Grant and Ms. Kerr on the ship but agree about the editing.    I thought the first version of the movie was a little tighter, but I liked the chemistry better in the second.
I like boat races.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #99 on: August 18, 2009, 10:10:35 AM »

DR George, I looked at my R&H vocal score for "The Brain From Planet X," and Josh does not have 4-note chords for that section in the chorus part. However, I must also add that I have not seen the final chorus books but the notes are indeed D-flat and B-flat and the section from m. 45-54 is indeed in 2-part harmony. I am assuming that the vocal books are in my hand as I turned them in to R&H, I did get a call about a list of vocal ranges when I was in Ohio and the person I spoke to told me he would take care of that. And that's all I know.

I'll ask Josh if I can get copies of each to make sure that my memory is at least somewhat accurate. ;)

I know this is completely outside the realm of probability, but could the MD himself be mistaken?  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #100 on: August 18, 2009, 10:23:35 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

CDs:

Samuel Barber: "Knoxville: Summer of 1915" - Dawn Upshaw, soprano; Orchestra of St. Luke's, David Zinman
Brahms: The Piano Concertos - Emil Gilels, piano; Berlin Philharmonic, Eugen Jochum
Beethoven: The Piano Sonatas - Richard Goode, piano
Billy Joel - "An Innocent Man"
Violet - OCR
Sunday in the Park with George - OCR
Tuck & Patti - "Tears of Joy"
Eldar - "re-imagination"
Linda Ronstadt - "Frenesi"
Ben Folds - "Rockin' the Suburbs"
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #101 on: August 18, 2009, 10:30:30 AM »

I know this is completely outside the realm of probability, but could the MD himself be mistaken?  ;)

Well, anything is possible, but he was looking at the music...and he does know how to read music.  But you never know.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: August 18, 2009, 10:31:13 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day, Part Two - The DVD/BD edition...

After the bit of "shelf clearing" I recently accomplished, I'm pretty sure I could get by without a DVD/BD player on my island.
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #103 on: August 18, 2009, 10:32:04 AM »

Time to head to work.

Until later.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #104 on: August 18, 2009, 10:40:07 AM »

HA!!!!

True/Slant Exclusive: David Mamet’s “Anne Frank” script LEAKED

This is only NSFW if you read it out loud. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Kerry

« Reply #105 on: August 18, 2009, 10:51:28 AM »

TOD-- CD's

"The Quiet Hour"  Robert Irving conducting the Sinfonia of London
Judy at Carnegie Hall
"The Very Thought of You"  Jeri Southern, The Decca Years
Ella Fitzgerald-- The Songbook Series
"Black Coffee and Other Delights"- Peggy lee, The Decca Years
Elaine Stritch: At Liberty
Petula Clark--the Classic Collection
Doris Day- the Ultimate Collection
A Broadway Christmas

I'll save the last one for later.
I like boat races.

Ben

« Reply #106 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:50 AM »

HA!!!!

True/Slant Exclusive: David Mamet’s “Anne Frank” script LEAKED

This is only NSFW if you read it out loud. ;)

OMG LOFL (in the spirit of Mr. Mamet that's Laugh Out F***ing Loud!!!)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #107 on: August 18, 2009, 11:39:27 AM »

They grow up so quickly department:  Gabe just shared this joke with me, after warning me it might be considered inappropriate.  :)

George Washington, George Bush (the younger), and Bill Clinton are leading a boatful of freedom fighters across the river.  The boat begins taking on water.  They dispatch the lifeboats and George Washington shouts, "Women and children first."  Bush jumps, screaming "Screw the women."  Clinton looks around and asks, "Is there time?"
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #108 on: August 18, 2009, 12:14:10 PM »

WHOA!

I just had to look up a reservation on USAirways "new and improved" website, and, well... It took me a few minutes to figure out the intersecting-tic-tac-toe-grid-looking thingy. ::) -Thankfully, after clicking past that screen, the regular grid came up.  But, seriously, I was confused for a bit.  And I'm not one to be easily confused. I mean, I might play dumb every once in a while, but.. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: August 18, 2009, 12:14:50 PM »

Considering I didn't have much planned today, I haven't stopped since arising, and haven't even done the long jog, which I guess I'll do now.  I've done some but not all of the postage - without a helper here, it takes a long time.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: August 18, 2009, 12:16:39 PM »

Glad you liked that, DR Ben!

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: August 18, 2009, 12:19:50 PM »

I am home sick today. No vibes needed, however. It is just a mild cold or allergies. My sister thinks something is pressing on my brain, but I am not really sure what she meant by that.

It sure ain't heavy thoughts!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

td

• td
« Reply #112 on: August 18, 2009, 12:20:27 PM »

If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2009, 12:25:46 PM »

If any DRs happen to be in need of another way to pass the time - a.k.a. Time-Suck - may I suggest...

SPORCLE
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2009, 12:29:29 PM »

My first day back on the McGlinnventory was fun, and everyone I usually see at the law firm seemed happy to see me back, which was nice. The only things of real interest were the original deshon Piano-conductor for the Albert Hague-Josh Logan MISS MOFFAT, which Bette Davis closed out of town in 1976 (how did McGlinn steal that from Chelsea Music?), a Vocal Score for SWEENEY TODD signed by Len Carious and Harold Prince, and John's Grammy for SHOW BOAT.

Then I had a lovely visit with Terry Lee at MTI. I gave him MOST HAPPY FELLA and we had an interesting discussion about the new orchestra parts for WEST SIDE STORY and the Bernstein office.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2009, 12:36:03 PM »

DR elmore - :)

So - and you may not be able to discuss this publicly, but... Does part of your McGlinnventory duties include returning certain materials to their original (rightful?) owners?
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #116 on: August 18, 2009, 12:46:16 PM »

WHOA!

I just had to look up a reservation on USAirways "new and improved" website, and, well... It took me a few minutes to figure out the intersecting-tic-tac-toe-grid-looking thingy. ::) -Thankfully, after clicking past that screen, the regular grid came up.  But, seriously, I was confused for a bit.  And I'm not one to be easily confused. I mean, I might play dumb every once in a while, but.. ;)

Uh oh. I am in trouble. I use USAirways quite a bit, and I AM dumb.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #117 on: August 18, 2009, 12:50:57 PM »

George

« Reply #118 on: August 18, 2009, 12:52:25 PM »

They grow up so quickly department:  Gabe just shared this joke with me, after warning me it might be considered inappropriate.  :)

George Washington, George Bush (the younger), and Bill Clinton are leading a boatful of freedom fighters across the river.  The boat begins taking on water.  They dispatch the lifeboats and George Washington shouts, "Women and children first."  Bush jumps, screaming "Screw the women."  Clinton looks around and asks, "Is there time?"

This is pretty darned funny, too! ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #119 on: August 18, 2009, 01:01:35 PM »

I am home sick today. No vibes needed, however. It is just a mild cold or allergies. My sister thinks something is pressing on my brain, but I am not really sure what she meant by that.

Umm... Didn't you just get another shipment of Bollywood movies at the end of last week?  Hmmm... ;)

How did you know?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up