Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE EARL OF SANDWICH  (Read 51719 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: THE EARL OF SANDWICH
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2009, 09:37:19 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2009, 09:38:50 AM »

I am working on my Act Three lines.....whew!

I was in Arsenic & Old Lace when I was in high school.

I was Mr. Witherspoon.

:)

*It's amazing just how many things you can do between the start of the show and almost-the-end of the show. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2009, 09:43:36 AM »

Some very interesting new titles have been added to Warner Archive (I'm looking forward to Hammer's SHE):
http://www.wbshop.com/New-Releases/ARCHIVENEW,default,sc.html?psortb1=name-sort&psortd1=1&sz=42
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »

I am working on my Act Three lines.....whew!

I was in Arsenic & Old Lace when I was in high school.

I was Mr. Witherspoon.

:)

*It's amazing just how many things you can do between the start of the show and almost-the-end of the show. ;)

I had the same role in 1971 in summer theatre!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2009, 09:55:40 AM »

Arsenic and Old Lace:  I was Aunt Martha in high school.

We could do an entire HHW production!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DAW

« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2009, 10:08:33 AM »

although I may reverse the order.

You and Gene Wilder!      :)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2009, 10:09:33 AM »

TD

Sorry For Your Loss

DAW

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2009, 10:09:39 AM »

Can I play one of the stiffs buried in the basement?       :)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2009, 10:14:42 AM »

If I may get political for a post.. Well, for 1:17....

GO BARNEY FRANK!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2009, 10:15:10 AM »

Requesting advice: 

I'm a glutton for punishment.  After bk's "review" of Endless Love, as well as the other DR comments, I had to see for myself.  So I bought a very cheap used VHS copy from an Amazon Marketplace seller.  It just arrived - in about 25 pieces.  No way that the cassette will insert into my VHS player.  So what would you do in this situation?  It wasn't a lot of money, so not worth any huge hassle.  But do I contact the seller and ask for my money back?  They didn't use bubble wrap in packaging it.

DAW

« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2009, 10:17:04 AM »

DR JoseSPiano, those "Haters," "Birthers," and "Deathers" are really scaring me!          :P

It's almost like Buffy the Vampire Slayer but in real life            :-\

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2009, 10:20:14 AM »

Requesting advice: 

I'm a glutton for punishment.  After bk's "review" of Endless Love, as well as the other DR comments, I had to see for myself.  So I bought a very cheap used VHS copy from an Amazon Marketplace seller.  It just arrived - in about 25 pieces.  No way that the cassette will insert into my VHS player.  So what would you do in this situation?  It wasn't a lot of money, so not worth any huge hassle.  But do I contact the seller and ask for my money back?  They didn't use bubble wrap in packaging it.

Absolutely--you paid for something and it arrived damaged.  Take a picture with your cell phone or something and attach it to your email.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2009, 10:25:23 AM »

And the word of the day is: FURBELOW!

Ladies lacking furbelow can always wear a merkin.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2009, 10:30:23 AM »

Requesting advice: 

Did you get what you paid for? Of course you demand a refund!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2009, 10:34:14 AM »

GO BARNEY FRANK!!!

I love Barney Frank!

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: August 19, 2009, 10:43:43 AM »

The Middletown Journal, alas! I remember the good old days when it took more than 15 minutes to get through it. Now it's a rag.

Here's an item from today's Sound Off (anonymous voicemails transcribed on the opinion page):

On Saturday, I attended an evening with Christine Andreas, sponsored by the Middletown Lyris Theatre.  I think most of Middletown would have enjoyed this evening very much.  You missed a wonderful performance.  Maybe if she comes back - if she will grace your presence - more people could attend this wonderful evening.

Sounds to me like they had a small crowd.  Which we both know, DR Elmore, can easily get swallowed up in the Dave Finkelman Auditorium.  How depressing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: August 19, 2009, 10:57:11 AM »

Requesting advice: 

From the sounds of it DAW, luck smiled on you.

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: August 19, 2009, 10:57:39 AM »

Good vibes all around!!!

DAW

« Reply #78 on: August 19, 2009, 11:17:49 AM »

Thanks for the advice, folks!  Have taken a digital picture, and I will contact the seller.  Although DR MBarnum may well be right.     :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: August 19, 2009, 11:35:35 AM »

The Middletown Journal, alas! I remember the good old days when it took more than 15 minutes to get through it. Now it's a rag.

Here's an item from today's Sound Off (anonymous voicemails transcribed on the opinion page):

On Saturday, I attended an evening with Christine Andreas, sponsored by the Middletown Lyris Theatre.  I think most of Middletown would have enjoyed this evening very much.  You missed a wonderful performance.  Maybe if she comes back - if she will grace your presence - more people could attend this wonderful evening.

Sounds to me like they had a small crowd.  Which we both know, DR Elmore, can easily get swallowed up in the Dave Finkelman Auditorium.  How depressing.

Poor Middletown Lyric Theatre! When the Armco general offices were there, there was a bit of a cultured city in Middletown. I rememember when PIRATES OF PENZANCE and other productions could fill that auditorium several times.  When Armco moved out, all semblance of sophistication left that burg, except for the few intelligent friends I have who still live there.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2009, 11:36:51 AM »

Can I play one of the stiffs buried in the basement?       :)

Would you not prefer a part that wasn't typecasting?

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2009, 11:37:00 AM »

No money in the post today. I was praying for a big check's arrival.

Damn damn double damn!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2009, 11:39:43 AM »

Evil Paul seems to be back on AS THE WORLD TURNS. I'm still boggled by his quick recovery from holding an exploding bomb and going through brain surgery without having his head shaved, shwing signs of trauma, or being hospitalized longer than a week. I need his drugs.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »

Arsenic and Old Lace:  I was Aunt Martha in high school.

I played Mortimer in an October 1975 production by the Naples Little Theater, Naples, Italy.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2009, 11:47:59 AM »

Greetings one and all...

I am sneaking onto a computer into one of the branch libraries.

I am still alive but I have no access to a computer at home. I am holding off getting a new one until after the beginning of september to get Win7. I am not a fan of Vista. It is driving me a bit nuts not having a computer at home but I will survive. I have been busy studying for my GRE. I am taking that test in October. The Verbal section is coming along nicely, however, math is another matter.

I did survive my wedding day and if it is quiet when I get back to my desk, I can post a few pictures. I am glad it was not a horridly hot day. My dress was warm enough. I danced my poor feet off and they were sore and swollen for several days. It was nice to see a lot of people including some cousins I had not seen in a long time.

I was not amused that the organist backed out before the wedding and I was wishing that Jose was closer than NYC.

Work has been nutty and we have been short staffed. The students I have had this summer worked their tails off and we got a lot of shifting and inventory work done.

I send vibes to each and every one of you and I hope elmore if feeling better.

I did have a funny dream before the wedding, however, I had this dream that HHW was being tapped for a broadway musical... BK and Elmore were doing teh choreography!

I do have a question for the techie types...

I have an antenna for my digital telly... How do I get my VCR to tape the last two weeks of Guiding light for my research project.?

Answer can be sent by facebook
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2009, 11:49:16 AM »

GO BARNEY FRANK!!!

I applaud him also.

I love Barney Frank!

Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2009, 11:50:40 AM »

Another question... If anyone has a dvr would they be willing to record the last few weeks of GL?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2009, 11:51:18 AM »

Hi Dakota. 

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR MARRIAGE! :)

Did you go on a honeymoon?

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2009, 11:51:27 AM »

I am also busy battling the GRad school here becuase they misplaced my paper work. I intend on reapplying just to spite the fools...

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2009, 11:52:25 AM »

Thank you DRs for all the condolences messages.

In the News of the Weird category, another family member passed away on Monday (actually a cousin-in-law's brother) and both he and our secret-keeper will be laid out at the same funeral home tonight only. . .

Oh my.  Condolences on your double loss.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up