Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I, A FIEND?  (Read 52088 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: I, A FIEND?
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 06:29:15 AM »

Still too early, I put in THE WOMAN IN GREEN, a fun Sherlock Holmes adventure. I turned on the audio commentary instead of the regular audio treack. I've heard it before but not in some time, so it was nice to revisit the commentators' opinions.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 06:29:28 AM »

Page Two Dance!!!

DAW

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 06:30:11 AM »

For the uninitiated, you can get a 5 minute "taste" of Planet 9 from Outer Space HERE.

Unfortunately, it does not contain the "I, a fiend?" line.      :(

DAW

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 06:31:09 AM »

DR Matt H. - I am glad that you know what you're dealing with, but sorry that there isn't a more certain prognosis.   ***CONTINUED VIBES OF COMFORT*** to you!!

Matt H.

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 06:32:43 AM »

I got the results of the MRI. The good news was that it was not a herniated disc in my neck. The bad news is that I have a combination of the onset of arthritis and a deterioration of the spongy material between the discs in my spine. Now, I understand why the doctor has signed me up for rehab which begins on Monday morning.

And no new drugs for the present. He's convinced the pain will subside with time and exercise, so I have to use over-the-counter pain medication plus the rest of the Vicodin and Ibuprofin and muscle relaxers he prescribed during my previous two visits.

All very disappointing. On the other hand, it's not life threatening; it's just that my quality of life for the moment is not going to be very pleasant.

DR Matt H, the great news is that it's diagnosed and treatment can begin! I still feel for your pain and discomfort. I was going to sugggest the doctor give you Vicodin and muscle relaxant to help you sleep at night but I see he already has. It worked wonders for me, although I think it will take death to silence my bad attitude on existence.

My problem is that Vicodin and the muscle relaxer he gave me have had almost zero effect on things like cramping and their effects seem to wear off within a couple of hours which usually means by 4 a.m. at the latest, I'm wide awake and miserable.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner. But I haven't had a quality night's sleep in a month (come Saturday), and it's hard to stay positive without proper rest.

But I do appreciate the positive words.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 06:37:25 AM »

My work project today and tomorrow will be THE UNTOUCHABLES from 1961-62. There are 16 episodes in this first half of the season. I haven't seen these programs in decades, so I'm looking forward to the Walter WInchell narration, the period look, and hopefully the crisp black and white production which I remember from watching it so many years ago.

Laura

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 06:42:53 AM »

Just in case she checks in today (and I hope she does)

Happy Happy Birthday to DR Megan!

(It seems like a long time ago that I gave you that toilet paper for your 18th birthday.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 06:51:36 AM by Laura »

FJL

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 06:43:54 AM »

Birthday wishes to Megan

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 06:54:28 AM »

... I think it will take death to silence my bad attitude on existence.

Nah...you'll just join Shaw and prepare a welcome for Albee so you can form a club of curmudgeonly misanthropes :D

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 07:00:00 AM »

My problem is that Vicodin and the muscle relaxer he gave me have had almost zero effect on things like cramping and their effects seem to wear off within a couple of hours which usually means by 4 a.m. at the latest, I'm wide awake and miserable.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner. But I haven't had a quality night's sleep in a month (come Saturday), and it's hard to stay positive without proper rest.

You need a visit from Hank Med - or some Gregory House-strength Vicodin.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2009, 07:06:02 AM »

Maybe Fred can compose an appropriate title song for today's production of "What Kind Of Fiend Am I?"

der Brucer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2009, 07:11:14 AM »

Happy Birthday To The Phantom Of HHW- MEGAN

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 07:12:52 AM »

Internet seems pretty quiet today, so I'm heading down to get ready to go out later on my usual Friday outing.

WBBL.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2009, 07:13:06 AM »

... I think it will take death to silence my bad attitude on existence.

r ExistenceNah...you'll just join Shaw and prepare a welcome for Albee so you can form a club of curmudgeonly misanthropes :D

der Brucer

Or Maybe BECKETT for Existence
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:14:57 AM by ArnoldMBrockman »

Laura

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2009, 08:07:45 AM »

JMK, what's the name of your theater?

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2009, 08:15:42 AM »

Friday morning greetings!  I've been out already for a much-needed haircut.  Later today, Richard and I are going to see Julie & Julia.  Meanwhile, he's working on Sunday's sermon and I'll probably go visit my mom.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2009, 08:16:52 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And if there ever was a day where I really don't feel like doing anything, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2009, 08:17:09 AM »

der B - Don't think my mind hasn't been racing.  :)

The Vixter

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2009, 08:20:57 AM »

Oh. My. GOD.

I never thought that this sort of thing could happen to me. My friends and I were coming back to y best friends house to hang out for a bit, since a couple of people were feeling sick from rides and whatnot. My best friends boyfriend, Matt had an I pod on him, so he put it on speaker or somthing so we could all rock out to the music together, and we got a call from a friend who was still in the fair, and all she did was yell into the phone for a couple of minutes about us leaving her behind, and then she hung up on me. (Incidentally, the reason we left was because she said her boyfriend and her would catch up, so we thought they where ditching us to go make out. AGAIN.)
So we were waiting on the corner for them to catch up (which they never did), when these two huge black guys come out of no-where and start asking Matt how much he wanted for his ipod. When he said it wasn't for sale, one of them took it and started walking away from us. Matt grabbed his shirt, and the guy punched him in the FACE, which made Matt stumble backwards and rip the guy's shirt. Then they walked away from us and when they got half-way down the block, they started running. After that, we went back to the house, and called the police after telling our friends mom. The police showed up, and dragged Matt away to identify a suspect, and less then half an hour later, I was being dragged away to do the same thing. The good News: They caught the guy who took his i-pod, and have him in custudy, I believe. The bad news: Even though Matt and I were able to identify the guy so they wouldn't need the rest of our friends to identify him as well, they made the two of us stay in a police department, in seperate rooms, and tell the whole story again to different detectives. I haven't seen him since around 11 ish last night, when my police car drove past his on the way to the station. I hope he's ok. Now some guy's gonna call me in a week or two, who'll want the story again, and tell me if I have to go to court as a witness, or if the kid is just going to jail now without me and Matt having to go to court. This place is turning into some new kind of Brooklyn at night. I thought people oved out here to get away from the cities. Guess I was wrong.
Me: Hi, my names Vicky, and I think I might have become a textaholic.
All my friends: Hi Vicky. *Applause*

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2009, 08:20:57 AM »

I got the results of the MRI. The good news was that it was not a herniated disc in my neck. The bad news is that I have a combination of the onset of arthritis and a deterioration of the spongy material between the discs in my spine. Now, I understand why the doctor has signed me up for rehab which begins on Monday morning.

And no new drugs for the present. He's convinced the pain will subside with time and exercise, so I have to use over-the-counter pain medication plus the rest of the Vicodin and Ibuprofin and muscle relaxers he prescribed during my previous two visits.

All very disappointing. On the other hand, it's not life threatening; it's just that my quality of life for the moment is not going to be very pleasant.

Welcome to the club.  I got the same diagnosis a couple of years ago.
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #50 on: August 21, 2009, 08:21:07 AM »

DR MattH - Even though it may not have been the diagnosis you were expecting - hoping for? - at least now you know how to proceed from here.  Did you doctor give you and advice, instruction for what to do between now and Monday? Stretching, etc.

*And as for your trip to the DMV yesterday - I guess it was a good thing that it took a while to get your renewal. It reminded me of a trip to the DMV I took a couple of years ago where the man at the next window did not have the strength(?) to sign the form.  All I could think of was, "And you expect him to drive too?" ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2009, 08:21:15 AM »

-Or something like that.
Make Your Own Luck.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2009, 08:21:57 AM »

DerBrucer-

Thanks For The Birthday Boy's Dinner Pictures

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2009, 08:23:16 AM »

DR vixter - WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

However, at least it's good to know that you and your friend are all right, and, that, at the very least, you were able to check in here at HHW.

*And how is your mother this morning?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2009, 08:25:04 AM »

der B - Don't think my mind hasn't been racing.  :)

....The first song that came to my mind was "Love, I Hear"....
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2009, 08:25:54 AM »

I got a haircut yesterday.

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2009, 08:26:05 AM »

{{{{{DR The Vixter}}}}}
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2009, 08:26:48 AM »

Oh. My. GOD.

I never thought that this sort of thing could happen to me. My friends and I were coming back to y best friends house to hang out for a bit, since a couple of people were feeling sick from rides and whatnot. My best friends boyfriend, Matt had an I pod on him, so he put it on speaker or somthing so we could all rock out to the music together, and we got a call from a friend who was still in the fair, and all she did was yell into the phone for a couple of minutes about us leaving her behind, and then she hung up on me. (Incidentally, the reason we left was because she said her boyfriend and her would catch up, so we thought they where ditching us to go make out. AGAIN.)
So we were waiting on the corner for them to catch up (which they never did), when these two huge black guys come out of no-where and start asking Matt how much he wanted for his ipod. When he said it wasn't for sale, one of them took it and started walking away from us. Matt grabbed his shirt, and the guy punched him in the FACE, which made Matt stumble backwards and rip the guy's shirt. Then they walked away from us and when they got half-way down the block, they started running. After that, we went back to the house, and called the police after telling our friends mom. The police showed up, and dragged Matt away to identify a suspect, and less then half an hour later, I was being dragged away to do the same thing. The good News: They caught the guy who took his i-pod, and have him in custudy, I believe. The bad news: Even though Matt and I were able to identify the guy so they wouldn't need the rest of our friends to identify him as well, they made the two of us stay in a police department, in seperate rooms, and tell the whole story again to different detectives. I haven't seen him since around 11 ish last night, when my police car drove past his on the way to the station. I hope he's ok. Now some guy's gonna call me in a week or two, who'll want the story again, and tell me if I have to go to court as a witness, or if the kid is just going to jail now without me and Matt having to go to court. This place is turning into some new kind of Brooklyn at night. I thought people oved out here to get away from the cities. Guess I was wrong.

Oh My Goodness...What A Nightmare

DERBRUCER

« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2009, 08:27:38 AM »

DerBrucer-

Thanks For The Birthday Boy's Dinner Pictures

Well, you did make me promise :)

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2009, 08:28:51 AM »

DR elmore - Maybe you could get your super's son to come pay another visit today? ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up