Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I, A FIEND?  (Read 52093 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: I, A FIEND?
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2009, 08:30:07 AM »

OK... I need to be down at Grand Central in an hour, so...

I hope everyone has a cool and HHW-VIBES-influenced day!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #61 on: August 21, 2009, 08:32:03 AM »

I thought people moved out here to get away from the cities.

Well, perhaps somefolks visit for the easy pickins'.

der Brucer

Remember, you can always find kindness in the city as well as evil in the 'burbs.
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DAW

« Reply #62 on: August 21, 2009, 08:35:41 AM »

DAW

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2009, 08:37:26 AM »

DR the vixter - you are NOT supposed to be re-creating the escapades of Adriana Hofstetter in REAL LIFE!!??!!          :o  :o

Glad you are OK.   PLEASE be careful!!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2009, 08:40:36 AM »

BK-

Like Your Well Written Mysteries Can you throw out some Clues(Hints) on The Broadway Show Recording and The New Movie Score?

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #65 on: August 21, 2009, 08:41:23 AM »

The police showed up, and dragged Matt away to identify a suspect, and less then half an hour later, I was being dragged away to do the same thing. ...they made the two of us stay in a police department, in seperate rooms, and tell the whole story again to different detectives.

They did this without a parent present?????

Somebody needs to tell your local police they aren't in Brooklyn either!

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: August 21, 2009, 08:43:38 AM »

DR elmore - Maybe you could get your super's son to come pay another visit today? ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have no work for the super's grandson until I hear from George about his schedule and I have no money to pay for any work.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: August 21, 2009, 08:51:11 AM »

DR the vixter, what a terrible situation!  I'm so happy they caught the creep and that your friend wasn't more seriously injured. Those crooks might have shot you all, and that wouldn't make me, the other DRs or anyone else very happy.It sounds to me, though, that you and your friends, as well as many folk I see in the City, need a course in street smarts. I had a roommate in 1984 who was mugged in the lobby of my building because she was too lax to make sure the building's front door was locked behind her when she came into the building after 11 pm. The creep followed her in and put a knife to her throat while she waited for the elevator. If the super at the time hadn't come out of his apartment to walk his dog, she might have been seriously injured instead of punched in the face when he ran off.

I kept hoping that, while she was looking at mug shots, she'd meet a nice cop.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #68 on: August 21, 2009, 09:01:32 AM »

I'm glad you and Matt are ok, Vixter. Write down EVERYTHING that happened including the tiniest details and descriptions. Update it every time you remember another detail.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2009, 09:04:45 AM »

Nice email that MR BK received.  Hmmmmmmmmm......three hours to see 4 people, one of whom argued with the director.

We did Act Two yesterday.  It was my 4th rehearsal, and I had never done Act Two, so I had to use my book, but so did everyone else, except Teddy.  It's most distressing that people who have been in rehearsal SO long are still on book and wondering about their blocking.

It didn't help that our director decided to stay home last night.

No, the actor was great - it was the author who said the character shouldn't have the Irish lilt - he now realizes he was wrong and wouldn't hear it any other way.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2009, 09:11:41 AM »

I am very happy they caught those cretins, and if you have to go to court to make sure they're put in jail, then it's okay - because ASSES like that need to be put in jail.  I feel quite strongly that anyone, any turd who causes innocent people grief of that nature, needs to be put away because they are not fit to interact with other human beings, except for meeting their like in jail.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #71 on: August 21, 2009, 09:11:50 AM »

DR Matt H, your doctor seems to be working with you to make everything better.  I have one suggestion, use the over-the-counter pain meds before therapy, after the first visit.  They really need to know what level of pain you are in for the evaluation.

VIBES PT WORK QUICKLY!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: August 21, 2009, 09:12:47 AM »

BK-

Like Your Well Written Mysteries Can you throw out some Clues(Hints) on The Broadway Show Recording and The New Movie Score?

I don't like to give too many clews, but I'll say that the B'way recording is on most people's want list, and the new movie score's composer has a B'way connection.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: August 21, 2009, 09:13:15 AM »

I've been up since eight.  Handy Man is out buying metal shelves and will install today.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: August 21, 2009, 09:16:55 AM »

I got the results of the MRI. The good news was that it was not a herniated disc in my neck. The bad news is that I have a combination of the onset of arthritis and a deterioration of the spongy material between the discs in my spine. Now, I understand why the doctor has signed me up for rehab which begins on Monday morning.

My problem is that Vicodin and the muscle relaxer he gave me have had almost zero effect on things like cramping and their effects seem to wear off within a couple of hours which usually means by 4 a.m. at the latest, I'm wide awake and miserable.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner. But I haven't had a quality night's sleep in a month (come Saturday), and it's hard to stay positive without proper rest.

But I do appreciate the positive words.

Whining is permitted, you are going through a lot right now.

Have you tried heat for the cramping?  That helps me, either soaking, a hot towel or heating pad.  A mild tranquilizer at night might work better than the pain meds or muscle relaxer, it does for me. 

Jane

« Reply #75 on: August 21, 2009, 09:17:45 AM »

DR Matt H, Whining is permitted, you are going through a lot right now.

Have you tried heat for the cramping?  That helps me, either soaking, a hot towel or heating pad. 

A mild tranquilizer at night might work better than the pain meds or muscle relaxer, it does for me. 

Jane

« Reply #76 on: August 21, 2009, 09:21:05 AM »

DR Vixter, glad you are ok.  VIBES!!!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #77 on: August 21, 2009, 09:25:59 AM »

JMK, what's the name of your theater?

If you mean where The Producers is running, Lakewood Theater in Lake Oswego, Oregon.  Only three more performances to go (but who's counting), all sold out.  This is the most successful show they've done in 57 seasons!  In truly incredible news, this company has been in the black for going on 58 years, and anyone who's had any business experience with community theater knows how rare that is.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2009, 09:26:20 AM »

Happy Birthday, Megan.

(Who is Megan?).  :)

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2009, 09:28:40 AM »

I would never have expected reading A YEAR IN PROVENCE would give me nightmares, yet it did.   It seems we have lived through renovations in too many homes for me to me reading stories about other people living in the same conditions.

This book is really for the likes of DRs Jose, SWW & DerBrucer, when the book is discussing home renovations it is discussing food, most of which I find rather disgusting ;)

Laura

« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2009, 09:30:21 AM »

JMK, a Facebook friend of mine posted that he saw The Producers at the Lakewood Theater last night. He loved it and thought it was great.

JMK

« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2009, 09:31:11 AM »

JMK, a Facebook friend of mine posted that he saw The Producers at the Lakewood Theater last night. He loved it and thought it was great.

Who's your friend--I might know him.  Portland is a very small place.

JMK

« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2009, 09:32:19 AM »

I made the tech director laugh last night.  He saw that I had a crossword puzzle book in the pit, and said it was obvious the band had "checked out."  I responded, "Kurt, Kurt, Kurt--we're professionals.  We had checked out by Act II on opening night."  :)

Ginny

« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2009, 09:32:46 AM »

DR TCB I can play Teddy if you want to play Jonathan. 

Oh, I'm so glad we're able to work this out!

Martha Brewster - DR Ginny
Teddy Brewster - DR JRand
The Rev. Dr. Harper - My DH Richard (he already has the wardrobe!)
Elaine Harper
Officer Klein
Mr. Gibbs
Abby Brewster - DR Vixmom
Mortimer Brewster - DR Ron Pulliam
Jonathan Brewster -  DR TCB
Mr. Witherspoon - DR Elmore or DR Jose
Officer Brophy - DR George
Officer O'Hara - DR MattH
Dr. Einstein
Lieutenant Rooney
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2009, 09:36:19 AM »

This is probably a dumb question, but since I don't know the answer, maybe not.

Why would a road company, like WICKED, have both a standby and an understudy for the role of "Elphaba"?

An understudy is usually in the Ensemble, or playing a secondary role, but isn't the standby paid to basically show up and just sit around (doing crossword puzzles) unless the lead gets sick or something?

In New York, I assume, that they pay the standby a "retainer" to know/rehearse the show and be available, plus more $ if they actually perform.  But, on the road, we're talking about traveling expenses, etc., which makes having a standby much more expensive, particularly when you have an understudy for the part.

Somebody, please enlighten me.

BTW: I'm asking because we saw the standby (Carrie Manolakos) do the show the other night, and she was terrific.

You can dream…or you can do.

Laura

« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2009, 09:42:51 AM »

Alan Lytle

MBarnum

« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2009, 09:58:50 AM »

Oh gosh, DR Vixter! I am so glad you and your friends are Ok. And I do hope those bad guys get what they deserve!

Be careful and be safe...and think of the grand story you will have to tell your grandkids one day!

MBarnum

« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2009, 10:02:26 AM »

I am quite worried about my friend Jackie Loughery (Miss USA 1952, and star of TVs JUDGE ROY BEAN) as I have not heard from her in a couple of weeks. I usually get e-mails from her several times a week. I can't for the life of me locate her phone number, which is unlisted.

She is such a sweetheart and I hope she is OK and maybe just having computer problems again.

Laura

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2009, 10:03:48 AM »

I hope you hear from your friend soon, MBarnam. It's very upsetting to have friends disappear like that.

FJL

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2009, 10:09:30 AM »

Hugs and love to vixter!!!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11   Go Up