Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: I, A FIEND?  (Read 52307 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: I, A FIEND?
« Reply #150 on: August 21, 2009, 01:28:58 PM »

In the second one Wendall Corey was Mr. Big, and Carroll O'Connor was also one of the guest stars along with Albert Salmi.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: August 21, 2009, 01:29:13 PM »

Page Six Dance!!!

Laura

« Reply #152 on: August 21, 2009, 01:29:51 PM »

Kerry, are we getting a storm tonight? I had a headache this morning.

Kerry

« Reply #153 on: August 21, 2009, 01:30:10 PM »

Anyone up for some peach melba?

YES!   Will you deliver it personally>   The Peach Melba, too!
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: August 21, 2009, 01:31:09 PM »

And in the third one, Frank Nitti makes his first appearance of the season (played by Bruce Gordon). Don Gordon was a guest star, but the big name in this episode is Martin Balsam as a former cop-gone-bad.

The shows are pretty formulaic - bad guys ove in with some racket and have early success thwarting the feds until Ness and his crew find a way to turn the tables. Still, good production values: love the score and Walter Winchell's terse commentary.

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: August 21, 2009, 01:31:53 PM »

DR MattH - thanks for updating us on your diagnosis.  When do you start the PT?  It won't keep you out of rehearsals for our HHW production of Arsenic & Old Lace, will it?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: August 21, 2009, 01:31:56 PM »

I did have time to skim through today's ATWT. Nothing of interest though Holden was in next week's previews.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: August 21, 2009, 01:33:38 PM »

Thanks to all who expressed good wishes for my condition. And I believe I'll try your suggestion tonight, DR Jane. At this point I'm willing to try most anything for a decent night's sleep.

DR Matt H, re your nocturnal  Vicodin-relaxant  dosage, I took mine right before i went to bed and usually woke up for another dose around 4-4:30 am. Because I was so scared of addiction, I only took it at night, and around 9am or so when I got out of bed . I only took it during the day if it really really ached or I had some traveling to do. I do hope they get you out of your misery soon. I'm constantly in pain and constantly irritable, which is only aggravated by this payment misery, but i am off the drugs completely for the past week.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #158 on: August 21, 2009, 01:34:35 PM »

DR MattH - thanks for updating us on your diagnosis.  When do you start the PT?

Monday morning 8 a.m. I took the first available appointment. I am really serious about wanting to get better. This has been such a shock to me since I've never had any health issues apart from kidney stones quite a long time ago. The doctor seemed to think the spasms and pain would be cyclical for me. I guess time will tell.

Thanks for asking.

Matt H.

« Reply #159 on: August 21, 2009, 01:35:47 PM »

Thanks to all who expressed good wishes for my condition. And I believe I'll try your suggestion tonight, DR Jane. At this point I'm willing to try most anything for a decent night's sleep.

DR Matt H, re your nocturnal  Vicodin-relaxant  dosage, I took mine right before i went to bed and usually woke up for another dose around 4-4:30 am. Because I was so scared of addiction, I only took it at night, and around 9am or so when I got out of bed . I only took it during the day if it really really ached or I had some traveling to do. I do hope they get you out of your misery soon. I'm constantly in pain and constantly irritable, which is only aggravated by this payment misery, but i am off the drugs completely for the past week.

I dropped the Vicodin after talking with the doctor. I'll hold what I've got left for "special occasions." I'm going over-the-counter stuff right now.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: August 21, 2009, 01:36:16 PM »

The Rains of Ranchipoor have landed! It's turned very dark and the thunder and downpour have begun.

I've been down to the basement looking for George in his workshop all day, but he hasn't shown up. I just left a note on his door to stop by and see what we've done so far.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #161 on: August 21, 2009, 01:38:34 PM »

Lots of review stuff arrived today. I got the next three Criterion items for September: THAT HAMILTON WOMAN, Mamet's HOMICIDE, and a three part THE HUMAN CONDITION movie set. I also got the next season of CRIMINAL MINDS.

All of these things come out on September 8. Oy! Next week is going to be BUSY!

Laura

« Reply #162 on: August 21, 2009, 01:44:15 PM »

We are supposed to get a storm this weekend. I hope we do.

DAW

« Reply #163 on: August 21, 2009, 01:55:52 PM »

We are supposed to get a storm this weekend.

Snow?

Laura

« Reply #164 on: August 21, 2009, 01:57:05 PM »

We would be absolutely ecstatic to have some rain.

Matt H.

« Reply #165 on: August 21, 2009, 02:23:15 PM »

I guess I'll write for a little while and then head down to continue with the adventures of Elliot Ness.

WBBL.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #166 on: August 21, 2009, 02:49:48 PM »

To bid at auction on these rare early Streisand tapes, you need only put $100,000.00 in escrow, for starters.   :P

Okay!  Who's in with me??
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #167 on: August 21, 2009, 02:50:19 PM »

Anyone?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2009, 02:50:31 PM »

;)

George

« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2009, 02:54:04 PM »

A brand new Trader Joe's just opened on the west side of Olympia today!  I went at my lunch time and just got back.  It was a mad house!  But I parked at a store kitty-corner to where Trader Joe's is (that parking lot was practically empty) and walked across the streets.  I just looked around a bit and only got some cookies and spaghetti sauce (not to be combined in any way, shape or form) and it took me 24, count 'em 24 minutes to get through the line...actually, that was not a surprise.  But I got a free reusable Trader Joe's bag! :D

George

« Reply #170 on: August 21, 2009, 02:57:30 PM »

Topic of the Day:  in my CD player, Susan Johnson - Legendary Performers.  She's great, but it sounds like they used the same applause track in between the songs. :-\

But why are all the songs so darned short??  Practically just one chorus and that's it.

Laura

« Reply #171 on: August 21, 2009, 03:13:14 PM »

Well, darn it. We got sent home with antibiotics for ten days, so no adoptions for a while.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: August 21, 2009, 03:17:04 PM »

Lots of review stuff arrived today. I got the next three Criterion items for September: THAT HAMILTON WOMAN, Mamet's HOMICIDE, and a three part THE HUMAN CONDITION movie set. I also got the next season of CRIMINAL MINDS.

All of these things come out on September 8. Oy! Next week is going to be BUSY!

So, DR Matt H, I think I've asked you this before but i am curious: are you obligated to review everything you are sent or can you pick and chose? I have an acquaintance who reviews AMERICAN RECORD GUIDE; he used to get 30-40 CDs a month and would maybe review 3 or 4 at the most.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: August 21, 2009, 03:25:45 PM »

My test books have arrived and look swellegant!  It's such a cool feeling to get these.  Anyway, I'm placing my order for books, so we'll start preorders over the weekend or on Monday.  Not sure how we're doing it yet - we may make a page for it on the Kritzerland site (eventually all the books will be there), but if not, you all know how to do the direct payment thing.

George

« Reply #174 on: August 21, 2009, 03:30:01 PM »

My test books have arrived and look swellegant!  It's such a cool feeling to get these.  Anyway, I'm placing my order for books, so we'll start preorders over the weekend or on Monday.  Not sure how we're doing it yet - we may make a page for it on the Kritzerland site (eventually all the books will be there), but if not, you all know how to do the direct payment thing.

Nice!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: August 21, 2009, 03:30:55 PM »

Well, darn it. We got sent home with antibiotics for ten days, so no adoptions for a while.

that's so like elmore, passing around STDs.

George

« Reply #176 on: August 21, 2009, 03:31:46 PM »

Right this exact minute, I'm listening to Susan Johnson sing "I Love Paris" and the very next title that have to order for work is "Frommer's Paris 2010."  What a coinkydink! :D

DAW

« Reply #177 on: August 21, 2009, 03:39:19 PM »

Topic of the Day:  in my CD player, Susan Johnson - Legendary Performers

???

Not sure why Amazon lists this as an "Import."  Isn't Harbinger a U.S. label?

DAW

« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2009, 03:39:58 PM »

bk - great news about getting organized AND getting the sample books!      :D

George

« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2009, 03:56:06 PM »

Topic of the Day:  in my CD player, Susan Johnson - Legendary Performers

???

Not sure why Amazon lists this as an "Import."  Isn't Harbinger a U.S. label?

Yes.  I'm listening to a CD burned from an iTunes download.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up