Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: CALIFORNIA, HERE I COME  (Read 56876 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: CALIFORNIA, HERE I COME
« Reply #240 on: August 28, 2009, 07:33:16 PM »

DR td I have never read a Daniel Silva novel.  Have you read them all?

I have indeed read each and every Daniel Silva novel.  I am thoroughly addicted to them.

I will put his books on my list of books to read.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #241 on: August 28, 2009, 07:34:28 PM »

Before I settled in for my evening work and fun, I had to drive over to my friend Hal's home to pick up his newspapers and mail and also check on the water pump in his poolhouse. I will be doing this tomorrow also. Thankfully, traffic had started to lessen by the time I got on the road.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #242 on: August 28, 2009, 07:34:59 PM »

DR Jennifer I did see your post.  Poor kid.  I hope he believed the rabbit line.  Do you know what kind of bears they are?  Black bears, if you gotta have them, are much better than Grisly Bears. 

I prefer gummi bears or teddy bears :)

I love teddy bears.

Matt H.

« Reply #243 on: August 28, 2009, 07:36:48 PM »

When I got home, I settled in with the second half of THE HUMAN CONDITION 1. Very dramatic and a cliffhanger sending us into the second film  which I'll watch tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #244 on: August 28, 2009, 07:37:19 PM »

Thanks DR Matt H.  Are you continuing to have less pain?

Matt H.

« Reply #245 on: August 28, 2009, 07:37:44 PM »

Next, I watched last night's PROJECT RUNWAY. I agrred with the winner and agreed with who got sent home.

(But I missed Michael Kors.)

Matt H.

« Reply #246 on: August 28, 2009, 07:38:59 PM »

Thanks DR Matt H.  Are you continuing to have less pain?

Yesterday was a bad day, but today has been better. I have been taking less medication trying to live with this, but I'm still a bit disheartened that the recovery is so agaonizingly slow. If this is the quality of life I can expect for the next few years, I'm not going to be a very happy person.

Matt H.

« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2009, 07:41:06 PM »

Then, since I got LIE TO ME today (but am not going to have to review it), I decided I had time to watch a couple of episodes.

It's an intriguing show and certainly holds my interest, but it doesn't have the playfulness nor the gorgeous cast of characters that THE MENTALIST has.

The Blu-ray makes the show very enjoyable to watch.

Jane

« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2009, 07:43:26 PM »

DR Matt H, try and not expect too much too soon.  It takes time, maybe not at long as a couple of years.  Super vibes your quality of life will be greatly improved. 

Jane

« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2009, 07:45:12 PM »

THE READER arrived today from NetFlix.  Having read the book I don't really want to watch it.  On the upside if Keith doesn't like it I won't mind turning it off, when we do watch it.  Tonight we are watching DEFIANCE.

'night

Matt H.

« Reply #250 on: August 28, 2009, 07:59:36 PM »

DR Matt H, try and not expect too much too soon.  It takes time, maybe not at long as a couple of years.  Super vibes your quality of life will be greatly improved. 

I try to keep telling myself that SO many people are far worse off than I am, and I'm not at the point of surrender or anything. It's just when you've had five plus decades of healthy living, something like this just knocks you for a loop.

Matt H.

« Reply #251 on: August 28, 2009, 08:00:21 PM »

I will eventually watch THE READER and DEFIANCE when they appear on paycable at year's end. I'm looking forward to both.

Matt H.

« Reply #252 on: August 28, 2009, 08:06:00 PM »

I guess I need to write for just a bit. Then, I'll head down to bed.

Good night!

Cillaliz

« Reply #253 on: August 28, 2009, 08:18:21 PM »

There are ingredients on the label that include cheddar cheese and onions, but it doesn't list poppy seeds which are clearly in there, so I'm not sure exactly what makes it so good.  There is also garlic in it and that's not listed either.  It's really moist bread that is supposed to be dipped in spaghetti sauce, I just like to eat it

Cillaliz

« Reply #254 on: August 28, 2009, 08:20:04 PM »

I have fallen way off my diet lately.  I'm considering going back on WW this fall.  Now that I've got my smaller clothes, I can't afford to gain weight!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: August 28, 2009, 08:33:17 PM »

I've been watching Adam 12 episodes - very addictive - I watched the entire first disc.  Lost may be a better show somehow, but I think I enjoy Adam 12 more :)

Laura

« Reply #256 on: August 28, 2009, 08:37:36 PM »

I will have to look for that spaghetti bread.

Cillaliz

« Reply #257 on: August 28, 2009, 08:45:33 PM »

There is some in my kitchen

Cillaliz

« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2009, 08:45:55 PM »

Welcome home BK

FJL

« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2009, 09:31:34 PM »

Got a very large tax return today, with much complexity and many states.

I will catch up, I'm sure.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #260 on: August 28, 2009, 10:02:52 PM »

There are ingredients on the label that include cheddar cheese and onions, but it doesn't list poppy seeds which are clearly in there, so I'm not sure exactly what makes it so good.  There is also garlic in it and that's not listed either.  It's really moist bread that is supposed to be dipped in spaghetti sauce, I just like to eat it

I'm guessing it's the cream cheese, or whatever makes the bread dough "rich":

Spaghetti Bread was created when the bakery opened in 1986 and has quickly become one of the most popular items the bakery produces.  A blend of wonderful but simple ingredients, Spaghetti Bread includes onions, poppy seeds, and chunks of delicious cream cheese incorporated in an original rich dough recipe.  A versatile bread that goes well with many different main dish recipes, Spaghetti Bread is a perfect addition to your family's meal planning.

At least according to Spaghetti Bread Online.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #261 on: August 28, 2009, 10:04:59 PM »

I survived a week without Edith. 

We had a fun conversation this morning.  They have redone their entire new house, paint, trim all sorts of stuff.  They worked until all hours of the morning but got the inside done.  They started moving today and will be likely finish that tomorrow.   I may drive by there tomorrow.  She said "Oh, we'll be in and out, why don't you wait"  but she was so excited that I have a feeling she won't mind if I stop by tomorrow.

Cillaliz

« Reply #262 on: August 28, 2009, 10:07:16 PM »

Spaghetti Bread was created when the bakery opened in 1986 and has quickly become one of the most popular items the bakery produces.  A blend of wonderful but simple ingredients, Spaghetti Bread includes onions, poppy seeds, and chunks of delicious cream cheese incorporated in an original rich dough recipe.  A versatile bread that goes well with many different main dish recipes, Spaghetti Bread is a perfect addition to your family's meal planning.

I dont' think this has cream cheese, it's not on the label and I don't taste that. It does have cheddar cheese.   But it's the same idea. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #263 on: August 28, 2009, 10:29:02 PM »

I dont' think this has cream cheese, it's not on the label and I don't taste that. It does have cheddar cheese.   But it's the same idea. 

Sometimes cream cheese is incorporated into bread dough - like butter is into a brioche dough.  You wouldn't necessarily taste it, but you would "feel" it. ;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 10:40:07 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #264 on: August 28, 2009, 10:47:11 PM »

OK... Sleepy time...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up