Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP  (Read 49118 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE GOOD NIGHT'S SLEEP
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2009, 08:03:27 PM »

Then I watched tonight's TRUE BLOOD. A couple of moments that made me jump in my chair. Some good comedy, too, especially from the naive dunderhead Jason Stackhouse.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2009, 08:03:40 PM »

Page Eight Dance!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2009, 08:07:32 PM »

Then I watched tonight's TRUE BLOOD. A couple of moments that made me jump in my chair. Some good comedy, too, especially from the naive dunderhead Jason Stackhouse.

So, what's on HBO next week that's "delaying" the "True Blood" finale by a week? Or are they just taking the Labor Day holiday?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2009, 08:13:13 PM »

So, what's on HBO next week that's "delaying" the "True Blood" finale by a week? Or are they just taking the Labor Day holiday?

Just about all of cable is taking the weekend off due to Labor Day. MONK and PSYCH aren't running new episodes next Friday either.

Matt H.

« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2009, 08:14:44 PM »

I have my next physical therapy session late tomorrow morning. So, even though I don't have to be out of the house first thing in the morning like last week, I still think I'll head down now and get ready for bed.

Good night!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2009, 08:31:02 PM »

DR MBarnum - I hope you were able to unwind today with a good Bollywood movie or two.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2009, 08:32:43 PM »

Well...

My niece and her cousin are flying down to Florida tomorrow morning, and Uncle Jojo will be driving them to the airport at 6:00am(!). So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2009, 08:53:45 PM »

Thanks everyone. I'm very glad I was there today.  We did have a few laughs here and there. But, it's clear the end will be soon. It's happened very fast, like in the past few days.

When this is all over, my friend's sister is taking her on a trip.  They used to travel a lot together. I think it's just what she needs

Laura

« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2009, 09:01:28 PM »

That's so very sad, Cillaliz. I hope he doesn't suffer.

Cillaliz

« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2009, 09:06:55 PM »

He doesn't seem to be in any pain at all. I'm sure he has powerful pain meds, I didn't ask, so I'm only assuming.  Hospice is supposedly involved but I didn't see anyone there and no one talked about that either. Steve was sitting in his chair. He woke up a couple times while I was there and made a little sense.  He greeted me when I arrived and spoke to his sister a little bit, but he mostly just slept.  I looked up liver failure (his liver is full of cancer) and he's got most of the symptoms. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2009, 09:18:17 PM »

Sounds like my last load of laundry is done.  It's time for me to go hug my kitties and get some sleep. Night

td

• td
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »

Except for the Jason shtick (which I'll never tire of), I found that most of the humor in this particular episode was quite forced.  With this strain of humor, I won't believe Alan Ball any longer when he says that Bubba, one of Charlaine Harris' best characters in the novels, doesn't fit into the world of TRUE BLOOD.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

td

• td
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2009, 10:00:32 PM »

Many hugs and vibes to DR Cillaliz.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2009, 10:04:18 PM »

Finished with my viewing - completed Lost, Season Five, watched the rest of disc two of Adam 12 (with one great episode mostly shot at about the mile and a half point of my long jog - what fun to see what was there then), and then proofed the booklet of our new release (needs some fixes, which I'll do with Doug later tonight), wrote the blurb, and will probably put it up at midnight here for advance preorder.  It's such a fun release, and it's such a pleasure to be able to do something by this composer, who is one of my favorites - and, as it turns out, it will not be the only thing we're doing by him.

MBarnum

« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2009, 10:41:15 PM »

DR MBarnum - I hope you were able to unwind today with a good Bollywood movie or two.

As you will see from my Facebook page, I did indeed. I also fit in another Japanese noir.

MBarnum

« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2009, 10:43:36 PM »

Cillaliz, that is far too much sadness for one household. My thoughts and vibes are with your friends and yourself.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2009, 11:09:09 PM »

And don't forget to feed the cats!!

Done and done.  Putting up the blinds took over four hours :P but feeding the bird and cats didn't take too long at all.  Now I'm watching "Mad Men."
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 11:41:17 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

FJL

« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2009, 11:17:19 PM »

Heard from Skip.  He had a lovely long day in La Jolla, he did indeed have a terrific meal with some old friends at the Wolfgang Puck restaurant (that Sam had first clued us in about) between the two shows, and a reception after the last show.  He flies back to Newark, Newark early tomorrow morning.

George

« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2009, 11:22:41 PM »

Hugs and love and strength to Cilla

~~~Ditto!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »

Long day, I'll have to read the posts tomorrow after work.

I'm so glad the La Jolla trip turned out well for Skip.  And the weather and company were wonderful. 

I tend to see things through rose colored glasses when I'm happy.  But I do wish I could have seen Herringbone a second time, I hear that it's not performed very often.

Till tomorrow.

Have a good Monday everyone.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

George

« Reply #230 on: August 30, 2009, 11:41:44 PM »

DR George - Congrats on your Cranial Casting!!!

Thanks, Jose!

George

« Reply #231 on: August 30, 2009, 11:43:04 PM »

Now that Craig & Ioana have cable & internet connections we were able to Skype with them.   The movers were very good and except for the rain all went well.  A friend of Craig’s helped with the unloading.  They like the new place & have a quiet spot in the building complex with a nice view.  Craig already registered his car & is busy doing all the things one does after moving to a new state. 

Most of all they needs jobs.

Please send vibes for Craig to quickly find a job he wants, not one he has to take!

~~~SUCCESSFUL DESIRED JOB VIBES FOR JANE'S DS CRAIG!!~~~

George

« Reply #232 on: August 30, 2009, 11:55:58 PM »

Congratulations to DR George!  Maybe spring '10 will be when I introduce my DH to my native PNW!

Definitely!  The more the merrier!! ;D

FJL

« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2009, 12:00:58 AM »

Sam - One critic even said it's rarely performed because of the intense subject matter, but it's probably a commitment needed by an actor beyond what's normal for a role. plus the one actor often has to have a certain status  to get an audience.  Here's the best list i could find:

La Jolla Playhouse in summer 2009,
McCarter Theater in fall 2008,
Williamstown Theatre Festival in summer 2007 - the above starring B.D. Wong and directed by Roger Rees;
Playwrights Horizons starring David Rounds and directed by Ben Levit;
Hartford Stage starring Joel Grey and directed by Graciela Daniele;
Edinburgh Festival;  transferred to King's Head Theatre in London
Philadelphia's Prince Music Theater - also B.D. Wong
Chicago's St. Nicholas Theater - also David Rounds
Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver, WA just outside Portland, Oregon - Arts Equity, summer 2006, brought back for another slot at the theater in fall/winter 2006

George

« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2009, 12:07:17 AM »

I almost went to see the Vancouver, WA production, but finances (or lack thereof) prevented me from seeing it. :-\

FJL

« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2009, 12:09:45 AM »

That was around the same time as Last Starfighter at the Village summer festival, so Skip actually got to see Herringbone in WA while on the way to work on last Starfighter.

FJL

« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2009, 12:10:39 AM »

And we got to meet you (and PennyO) at that summer festival.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2009, 12:14:14 AM »

New notes are up, and I'm about to announce the new Kritzerland title, exclusively for you dear readers.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up