Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: FANCY FREE  (Read 83217 times)

Cillaliz

Re: FANCY FREE
« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2009, 06:52:24 PM »

I found it exciting to talk to the guy who saw the bear.  On the upside, I haven't seen anymore scat since Friday.

I hope it isn't a constipated bear.  That could be one grumpy guy

Laura

« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2009, 06:53:28 PM »

A couple of little faces:

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2009, 06:53:49 PM »

Cute kitties! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2009, 06:58:53 PM »

A couple of little faces:

Have you named any of the kittens yet?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: August 31, 2009, 06:59:19 PM »

Well today they took Steve to the hospice at the hospital.  I'm very glad about that. He is a very tall man and Gretchen and her sister are very short.  Gretch just couldn't physically get him from point A to point B anymore.   She posted in Caring Bridge that his liver is failing and his lungs are getting weaker.   It won't be long now.  She will stay with him there. I am relieved that the whole burden isn't on her anymore and that there are people there to help her care for him

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: August 31, 2009, 07:01:49 PM »

Well today they took Steve to the hospice at the hospital.  I'm very glad about that. He is a very tall man and Gretchen and her sister are very short.  Gretch just couldn't physically get him from point A to point B anymore.   She posted in Caring Bridge that his liver is failing and his lungs are getting weaker.   It won't be long now.  She will stay with him there. I am relieved that the whole burden isn't on her anymore and that there are people there to help her care for him

Cilla, has this progressed very rapidly, or have you just been keeping this all to yourself until recently?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #216 on: August 31, 2009, 07:03:25 PM »

Ginny, they don't have much but what was there was nice. I was surprised also that they had things besides wicker. They are having an end of season sale so you may find a good deal. I don't know how delivery is outside of the city but it was quick and easy for us.

I was surprised it wasn't wicker ;D

Laura

« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2009, 07:04:39 PM »

I'm so sorry, Cillaliz. This has been so fast. My prayers are with him and his family.

Laura

« Reply #218 on: August 31, 2009, 07:05:19 PM »

No names yet. We haven't really even handled them much, so we don't know which are males or females.

Jane

« Reply #219 on: August 31, 2009, 07:06:41 PM »

Well today they took Steve to the hospice at the hospital.  I'm very glad about that. He is a very tall man and Gretchen and her sister are very short.  Gretch just couldn't physically get him from point A to point B anymore.   She posted in Caring Bridge that his liver is failing and his lungs are getting weaker.   It won't be long now.  She will stay with him there. I am relieved that the whole burden isn't on her anymore and that there are people there to help her care for him

This is so fast and sad.  I'm glad she is at a place where they can all be more comfortable.  I hope he goes peacefully & comfortably.

Jane

« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2009, 07:07:50 PM »

DR Laura, thank you for the sweet kitty faces. :D

Cillaliz

« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »

It has progressed extremely rapidly.  Well, he's been fighting cancer for a year,and although I've known for a long time that his prognosis wasn't good, he seemed to be doing ok.   Two weeks ago yesterday he was well enough to go to the theater.  A couple days later he found out that he essentially had lost his battle and only had a few weeks to live at most.  Last Monday he was well enough to drive himself to the office and get some things in order, so this has really all happened very fast.

Ginny

« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2009, 07:08:35 PM »

DR Cillaliz - your friends remain in my thoughts and prayers.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2009, 07:11:45 PM »

It has progressed extremely rapidly.  Well, he's been fighting cancer for a year,and although I've known for a long time that his prognosis wasn't good, he seemed to be doing ok.   Two weeks ago yesterday he was well enough to go to the theater.  A couple days later he found out that he essentially had lost his battle and only had a few weeks to live at most.  Last Monday he was well enough to drive himself to the office and get some things in order, so this has really all happened very fast.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, as well as with Steve and his entire family.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2009, 07:13:47 PM »

Thanks all.  I have to say I'm really glad I was there yesterday.  I'm not sure I would have believed how close he is to passing if I hadn't been there.  He is not in pain. I'm sure his passing will be peaceful.

Jane

« Reply #225 on: August 31, 2009, 07:18:25 PM »

Had you not gone yesterday you would have been sorry of the missed opportunity.  Your timing was perfect to help your friends.

Cillaliz

« Reply #226 on: August 31, 2009, 07:25:13 PM »

I agree.  Gretchen has always been there when I needed her.  It was very nice to be able to return the favor.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #227 on: August 31, 2009, 07:30:10 PM »

Good Evening!

So... At least it was nice to know that I still knew hot to and could drive a car.  However, trying to remember how to get from Point A to Point B in the most efficient and direct manner possible took a little doing.  And a couple of extra turns.  As well as some unplanned detours.  Thankfully, most of my traveling today took place on the DC Metro along the same subway line.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: August 31, 2009, 07:30:56 PM »

~~~~~{{{{{DR CILLALIZ}}}}}~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #229 on: August 31, 2009, 07:31:03 PM »

Laura you are an inspiration.  I'm going to suggest fostering cats to Gretchen.  She doesn't want to have the long term commitment of another pet - at least not right now, but down the road, she may like the idea of fostering.   

Laura

« Reply #230 on: August 31, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »

It is rewarding mostly and heartbreaking sometimes.

Thanks, Cillaliz.

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: August 31, 2009, 07:36:30 PM »

I have to say that today's news is a  relief.  I have been very worried about Gretchen.

Cillaliz

« Reply #232 on: August 31, 2009, 07:37:37 PM »

I think if I fostered, I'd have to approve where they went....no, I'd end up with a house full of cats...I couldn't let them go

td

• td
« Reply #233 on: August 31, 2009, 07:37:51 PM »

DR Cillaliz, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jane

« Reply #234 on: August 31, 2009, 07:38:03 PM »

Laura you are an inspiration.  I'm going to suggest fostering cats to Gretchen.  She doesn't want to have the long term commitment of another pet - at least not right now, but down the road, she may like the idea of fostering.  

What a great idea.  I'm sure you will have many opportunities in the near future to be there for her.  I like she has already planned a trip with her sister.  Maybe you both can go somewhere later.

Jane

« Reply #235 on: August 31, 2009, 07:39:28 PM »

I think if I fostered, I'd have to approve where they went....no, I'd end up with a house full of cats...I couldn't let them go

Keith's reaction today, when I mentioned where Jane & her kittens went, is why we don't foster.  With great concern he said "What if they aren't adopted!!!"

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: August 31, 2009, 07:39:34 PM »

Hi DR Jose.  Did you and Monkey have a nice time at the Smithsonian?

Yes, we did. :)

In fact, I had such a good time today, that I'm seriously considering staying down here in DC one more day to spend more time down on The Mall.  Tomorrow, I'll be at the Library of Congress all day with DR elmore and company, and I think I might go ahead and spend Wednesday going through a few more museums.  -It's either the last week of summer vacation or the first week of school for the counties around Washington, DC, so the museums were quite "roomy" today.

*And since I went ahead and TwitPic'd some of my pics, a few of the Smithsonian museums are now Following me on Twitter. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #237 on: August 31, 2009, 07:40:09 PM »

My best thoughts out to Steve and Gretchen!

Cillaliz

« Reply #238 on: August 31, 2009, 07:40:27 PM »

Tonight I drove to a town about 30 miles from here at the invitation of  minister at a Baptist church to talk to the hispanic community about immigration.......4 people showed up, lol.  I was actually glad. I didn't really get a presentation prepared, so I just answered their questions for an hour. The minister wants me to come back again.  I told him he'd have to do a better job of getting the word out, but that I would do it

MBarnum

« Reply #239 on: August 31, 2009, 07:41:07 PM »

DR Laura, I am so glad you have another batch to raise! What fun!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up