Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: WITH IT  (Read 28990 times)

Laura

Re: WITH IT
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2009, 10:26:27 AM »

I was just informed that Jane, Fred, and Skip have been adopted.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Kerry

« Reply #121 on: September 02, 2009, 10:56:50 AM »

Why do people on facebook who you don't know send friend requests without a note saying who they are or why they are contacting you??

Could be spam or "friend collectors".

I clicked on the person. it is a real person. But i have no idea who it is and do not know them. And the man is over 60 so i know it's not someone i went to school with or anything like that.

Is his name Bill Six, or something like that? He tried to friend me, but I haven't a clue who it is.

I got that same person.  Steve Six. Dick Six?  Manny Six?  Eli Six?  Something like that.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #122 on: September 02, 2009, 10:57:39 AM »

Page 5 Dance and Congratulations to Jane, Fred and Skip on finding homes!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:59:18 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #123 on: September 02, 2009, 11:00:25 AM »

Sincerest warm thanks for the birthday wishes to all:  Bruce, George, Ben, DAW, Laura, Michael S., Elmore3003, td, Dan (the Man), Druxy, Fred, Arnold, Sam, MAttH, Ginny, Jennifer, JRand59, JoseSPiano, to the reticent Miss Karen, Kerry, JMK (I'll give you 50 cents plus postage for the "lot"), Hisaka and MBarnum.

Much appreciated, all of you!

So, Ron, what are you going to do to celebrate your big day?
I like boat races.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: September 02, 2009, 11:01:48 AM »

Ask BK:  Bruce, in the episodes of "Adam 12" that you've watched, was one of those episodes titled "Elegy for a Pig"?  I have strong memories of this episode from the early 1970s (71 or 72, I think).  It was about the death of a police officer.  My strongest memory is of his wife slowly walking up some stairs after being notified of her husband's death.  It broke my heart.

Yes, it's there and quite a good episode.  They forego the usual opening music, and Jack Webb speaks the titles and then a spoken intro to the show.  It's quite effective.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: September 02, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »

Just back from the post office - all orders save for dealers' orders have been shipped.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2009, 11:03:14 AM »

JMK - the Project 3 catalog is quite in disarray - they own some stuff but not other stuff, can find paperwork on some stuff and not others, etc.  Much as I love Enoch Light, I leave those albums to Collector's Choice or Varese Vintage.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2009, 11:12:39 AM »

I was wary last night of having a bad night since my arm was aching while I was reading before turning out the light. However, it ended up being the best night of sleep I've had this week. While I was up twice, at neither time did pain become a real issue, so I was very grateful.

Great news, Matt!  ~~~Vibes that it keeps getting better and easier!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »

Nice avatar, DR George!     :)

Thanks, DAW!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2009, 11:14:36 AM »

Hello, all! I am at Toyland. I had lots of packages to pick up at the Post Office and - nice surprise! - a nice check for one of my jobs last month.

Congrats, Larry!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2009, 11:14:47 AM »

Happy Birthday Ron Pulliam!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2009, 11:15:12 AM »

I've been thinking about yesterday's orchestra sessions: the conductor beat tine to the music as though he were beating his way through the jungle bush with a machete. What do you do when someone you are quite fond of isn't good enough for the position he wants? How do you gracefully remove himn? Howe do you suggest other job positions he might be better qualified for? How do you fire someone you like and wish well?

Very, very carefully. 8)

DAW

« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2009, 11:21:44 AM »

I was just informed that Jane, Fred, and Skip have been adopted.

GREAT news!!!!!!   :D

DAW

« Reply #133 on: September 02, 2009, 11:22:15 AM »

Thanks, DR Ginny.   I'll let you know!     :)

I wasn't sure how far you were from Cincinnati.

DAW

« Reply #134 on: September 02, 2009, 11:23:16 AM »

Thanks for that link, DR DtM!!!

DAW

« Reply #135 on: September 02, 2009, 11:23:47 AM »

Wow!!!!   DRs Hisaka and Miss Karen all in one day.

Who will pop up next?

George

« Reply #136 on: September 02, 2009, 11:23:53 AM »

Ignore friends you can't place.

That's what I do. ::)

MBarnum

« Reply #137 on: September 02, 2009, 11:52:22 AM »

Ask BK:  Bruce, in the episodes of "Adam 12" that you've watched, was one of those episodes titled "Elegy for a Pig"?  I have strong memories of this episode from the early 1970s (71 or 72, I think).  It was about the death of a police officer.  My strongest memory is of his wife slowly walking up some stairs after being notified of her husband's death.  It broke my heart.

Yes, it's there and quite a good episode.  They forego the usual opening music, and Jack Webb speaks the titles and then a spoken intro to the show.  It's quite effective.

That is one of my favorite episodes, that the dead officer's little girl at the funeral...just turns me into a puddle of tears.

BK, have you yet to see the episode where Malloy finds out his driver's license is expired and so he has to let Reed do the driving....another of my favorite episodes!

George

« Reply #138 on: September 02, 2009, 12:34:25 PM »

Why do people on facebook who you don't know send friend requests without a note saying who they are or why they are contacting you??

I clicked on the person. it is a real person. But i have no idea who it is and do not know them. And the man is over 60 so i know it's not someone i went to school with or anything like that.

Is his name Bill Six, or something like that? He tried to friend me, but I haven't a clue who it is.

I got that same person.  Steve Six. Dick Six?  Manny Six?  Eli Six?  Something like that.

I haven't been "friended" by him...now I feel left out. :'(

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #139 on: September 02, 2009, 12:37:26 PM »

Sincerest warm thanks for the birthday wishes to all:  Bruce, George, Ben, DAW, Laura, Michael S., Elmore3003, td, Dan (the Man), Druxy, Fred, Arnold, Sam, MAttH, Ginny, Jennifer, JRand59, JoseSPiano, to the reticent Miss Karen, Kerry, JMK (I'll give you 50 cents plus postage for the "lot"), Hisaka and MBarnum.

Much appreciated, all of you!

So, Ron, what are you going to do to celebrate your big day?

Well, let's see.  I've been to Peet's for coffee and La Farine for a morning bun AND a scone.  I put my car in my neighborhood shop for its annual tuneup...and now I'm "maintaining" my CD collection...something that must be done periodically to ensure things don't get so completely out of hand that I can't find a thing.  A year or so ago,  I began discarding ALL jewelboxes.  I place my CDs into protective sleeves and then insert them plus the artwork, tray cards and booklets, into a polyvinyl sleeve.  I can store many more CDs on a storage shelf (3X as many, actually) than I could with jewelboxes.  I've let quite a few CDs pile up, so my task is to get them into those sleeves and onto shelves.

I'm also trying to stay cool.  Despite a cool start to the week, and the promise of a cool weekend, today is going to be warmish/hottish.  I can feel the heat in the condo right now and all my fans are on high.  I may have to crank up the A/C.

As for entertainment, I'm considering viewing DVDs of "Pickup on South Street" and "Dangerous Crossing."  I'm feeling a little noir-ish today...all things considered.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 12:39:46 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #140 on: September 02, 2009, 12:41:25 PM »

I haven't been "friended" by him...now I feel left out. :'(

;)

Since I don't recognize the name, he can't be one of the several I've ignored.  Damn!  He doesn't want to be my friend, either.

He doesn't know what he's missing, George!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #141 on: September 02, 2009, 12:42:42 PM »

Wow!!!!   DRs Hisaka and Miss Karen all in one day.

Who will pop up next?

Heaven only knows.  Bretty Spaghetti?  Antonia? Rodzinski? Lulu?  The mind boggles.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #142 on: September 02, 2009, 12:43:23 PM »

Happy Birthday Ron Pulliam!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ta,Cilla!  :D

Jennifer

« Reply #143 on: September 02, 2009, 12:47:32 PM »

re: the facebook friend request.

DR Laura i don't have a very common name so i doubt he was looking for someone with my name (but maybe). IT was not the person bill six.

I guess my point was why don't these people include a note with their request. At least they could say that they are looking for their friend ...

Jennifer

« Reply #144 on: September 02, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »

Wow, it is summer here again.

It wil 80s again. And it looks like it will stay hot for another week or two. Yeah!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #145 on: September 02, 2009, 01:06:47 PM »

DR MattH not sure if you saw my post yesterday. But do you know of any links that talk about the Fall TV season (the new shows). Maybe it's too early. But i have not found any links that i like. :(

Sorry, DR Jennifer. I didn't see any post from you related to this. At any rate, I haven't seen any yet. I'll mention anything really good when I do.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #146 on: September 02, 2009, 01:12:59 PM »

I'm curious if there are any new tv shows that people here will be watching.

I don't know for myself yet (since i like to read about the shows first).

I do know that I will be watching GLEE.

And I've seen like 1000 promos for THE VAMPIRE DIARIES and will try that (i've read the books).

We used to get TV Guide here that had really good descriptions of all the new shows. I think EW might still do that. And i guess my local TV TIMES will do something maybe next saturday. I thought for sure there would be stuff on tvguide online. Maybe i checked too early. :(

Right now I plan to sample more of GLEE, and also FLASH FORWARD, THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, THREE RIVERS, and maybe one of the new comedy shows. Courtney Cox's COUGAR TOWN has gotten good advance buzz.

I will be dropping this season SMALLVILLE and CSI: NY. Iffy are SOUTHLAND and HEROES and DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES (meaning I'll start their seasons but will drop if things haven't improved).

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: September 02, 2009, 01:16:54 PM »

I did get a bunch of review material in today: three Blu-rays from Fox and the rest of Criterion's September releases (both of which are Blu-ray discs which don't come out until much later in the month, so they went to the bottom of the pile).

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #148 on: September 02, 2009, 01:18:39 PM »

Larry, sorry, must have missed your previous response during our "world travels."  I must be confused, obviously--I could have sworn you had posted a really funny anecdote to CASTRECL about XXX XXX XX XXX about the rotating stage going crazy and a bunch of other tsuris and the story ended with one of the theater group ladies being totally confused anyway because she thought the show was called something else.  Does anyone else from CASTRECL remember this, or have I gone completely insane?  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: September 02, 2009, 01:19:11 PM »

Before starting on work, I filled up the morning with a succession of WILL & GRACE episodes. These were from season six, and I have to say that being away from the shows for a couple of years have increased their comic value. I found something uproarious in almost every episode. (These were the ones where Jack becomes a student nurse and Grace is home from Cambodia because Leo worked all the time and she never saw him.)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11   Go Up