Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: DREAMING OF NUTMEATS  (Read 50354 times)

MBarnum

Re:DREAMING OF NUTMEATS
« Reply #180 on: March 30, 2004, 08:53:28 PM »

That is great good news DR Jane!! Can Echo go walking outdoors now??

TCB, shall we really finally have a NW HHW get together! Hurray!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #181 on: March 30, 2004, 09:02:38 PM »

I'm thinking we should do a Los Angeles get-together when Miss Juliana A. Hansen is in town to do Millie at the Ahmanson.  

MBarnum, we have started Bollywood threads so go post

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #182 on: March 30, 2004, 09:08:21 PM »

And who had to talk to the technician from Adelphia to walk him through configuring your AOL for cable/modem?  Just who did THAT?

Hmmmm.... ??? Lemme think...  :P   YOU!   ;D  
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 09:10:08 PM by Panni »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: March 30, 2004, 09:13:39 PM »

Yes, Mr. Tech.  Mr. Know-Nothing about Computers had to talk the Adelphia man through configuring the AOL sign-on screen for the new TCP/IP connection.  I was rather amazed that I did it, but did it I dood.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: March 30, 2004, 09:13:53 PM »

Or dood it I diddid.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #185 on: March 30, 2004, 09:21:03 PM »

Maya - Congratulations!

Jane - Good news about Echo. Abie sends his regards.

Jenny - Agreed - write the play.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2004, 09:21:39 PM by Panni »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #186 on: March 30, 2004, 09:22:11 PM »

The producers of AMERICAN IDOL stacked their show very strangely tonight. There are ten people left, and they put the five weakest performances (unquestionably) in the top half of the program, and the five best performances in the bottom half of the show.

There was no one in the top half (Camile, Jon Peter, Latoya, Amy, and John) who did any better than mediocrely. Jon Peter had another of those performances where there were some striking solidly held notes surrounded by some not great singing. Camile was her usual awful and Latoya was by far the worst she's been in the competition. John was the worst, doing the flattest and least involved "My Girl" I've ever heard. Truly sounded like a high school student for the first time, and it was painful. Either he or Camile just has to be voted out tomorrow night.

The bottom half was superlative going from strength to strength with Jennifer Hudson batting it out of the park with "Heat Wave" and Diana, Fantasia, and especially George (whose smoky, gravelly voice is PERFECTION for Motown) doing great renditions of their numbers.

George's number was consistently busy during the two hour voting. Jennifer's was not so she may be in trouble again. I also dialed Jon Peter's number and I easily got through so he, too, may be in the bottom three this week.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: March 30, 2004, 09:26:02 PM »

Jon Peters?  The hairdresser?  Miss Streisand's former husband?

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #188 on: March 30, 2004, 09:34:05 PM »

::Grumbles, grumbles, and grumbles some more::

I was in the process of typing up my outline so that it would be legible for my teacher, when I glanced at the project outline and discovered some recquirments that I failed to notice before.  Though we can write basically anything we damn well please, at the end of the semester, one student's play will be chosen to receive a semi-professional production at Theatre For A New Audience.  Seeing as I'm the only person in this class who has ever written a play or who is even interested in writing plays, I figure I shouldn't get myself disqualified from a race that I have a chance of winning.  Alas, in order to have your play considered, it has to be roughly ten minutes long and involve four or less characters.   No matter how I twist and contort my original idea, it will never be that short, nor will it ever involve so few characters.  I'll talk to the teacher tomorrow about bending the rules slightly, but it looks like I'll be heading back to the drawing board.  ::)

I can always write this play on my own time.  Perhaps I'll enter it into Sondheim's Young Playwright's Competition.  He's bound to like a play about his fans...maybe.  :-\
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #189 on: March 30, 2004, 09:45:03 PM »

Ms. Streisand was never married to Jon Peters.

I didn't mistype in my AMERICAN IDOL summary.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jed

« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2004, 09:59:44 PM »

This fershluganah topic o' the day really has me craving candy.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2004, 10:07:26 PM »

What were they, LOVERS?

I know you didn't mis-type.  I'm not THAT dense, my boy.

Jed

« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2004, 10:11:20 PM »

Good'n'Plenty, that's what I want.  Or those Kit Kat bites would be a totally-different-yet-acceptable substitute.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2004, 10:37:09 PM »

It shore do slow up around this hour every night.  As if the air was filled with Wussburgers.  I'm here and rarin' to go, baby.  Nike shorts and a One from Column A t-shirt

Jed

« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2004, 10:39:30 PM »

Maybe everybody's out satisfying their HHW-induced sweet tooth.  Summer stock t-shirt and grey sweatpants.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #195 on: March 30, 2004, 10:44:40 PM »

"I Escaped From The Yuma Territorial Prison" t-shirt and leopard-spotted pants.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #196 on: March 30, 2004, 10:46:44 PM »

There is something disconcerting about the phrase "Charles Pogue's Buns"...
Disconcerting?  Nah.  I can't think of any reason to dis your buns, in concert or singly.

:D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Laura II

« Reply #197 on: March 30, 2004, 10:47:38 PM »

Wow! Now we are totally on my turf! After salivating at the images and even the names of candies for seven pages, it's my turn! I'm not going to list every candy I love (because there are so many), but I'll identify my favorites.

Almond Joys, Hershey's with almonds, Butterfingers, Swoops (especially Reese's), Reese's peanut butter cups, bubblegum cigarettes, Fun Dip, caramel apple lollipops, blow pops, tootsie roll pops, Whoppers, and much more!

I cannot stand marshmallow peeps, bit o'honeys, and circus peanuts to name a few!

I showed my mom the website with the old candies, and she said, "Laura, you don't need any of that." I said, "Mom, name a candy you liked when you were young. Watch. It will be here." She replied, "Mallo Cups." As soon as I hit the link, her face lit up. I love my mommy! :)

Congratulations, Mymy!!!  :D

"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jed

« Reply #198 on: March 30, 2004, 10:51:06 PM »

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that those orange circus peanuts Lulu brought up earlier are some of the nastiest things to be found in the candy aisle.  Not a fan of the Peeps either, Laura II.

Laura II

« Reply #199 on: March 30, 2004, 10:55:25 PM »

http://store.blaircandy.com

Check out this site! I found the candy lipsticks someone mentioned under the "nostalgic - fun candy" section on the left side of the page.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #200 on: March 30, 2004, 10:58:50 PM »

I'm in a bit of a pickle.  I've been wanting to write a play about an incident that occured this summer between two Sondheim.com members for some time now, and though the concept is there (and I have written a splendid outline), it's been very hard for me to actually write it.  My school just introduced a new playwriting course to be taught by a guest artist from Theatre For A New Audience, and for tonight's homework, we have to decide what we want to spend the year writing about and begin writing character outlines.  Though I'd very much like to work on my Sondheim.com play with the help of this teacher, I can't help but feel guilty for writing about them, especially when there is a chance of what I write being performed.  Should I just go ahead and write it without worrying?  Should I ask their permission (Which they would grant, but then they would want to read the finished product...)?  Should I temporarily abandon the idea?  If so, what should I write about?!  
The essence of the play is the arguement, not what the arguement is "about."  Go ahead and write it, but with a different "topic," which should get your creative juices flowing.  The more trivial the "topic," the better.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #201 on: March 30, 2004, 11:08:43 PM »

...Alas, in order to have your play considered, it has to be roughly ten minutes long and involve four or less characters.   No matter how I twist and contort my original idea, it will never be that short, nor will it ever involve so few characters....
Unless...

Consider this: two simultaneous phone conversations, with the two leads (the argue-ers) telling someone else about the arguement from their points of view.  This cuts the number of players down considerably.

Laura II

« Reply #202 on: March 30, 2004, 11:16:42 PM »

Oh! I forgot to mention that I love those strawberry-flavored candies that are covered in wrappers that resemble the actual strawberry fruit.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #203 on: March 30, 2004, 11:19:20 PM »

Der Brucer missed American Yodel tonight.  We dropped by the Purple Parrot after a bunch of shopping, and found ourselves in a very funny conversation with a couple of lesbians, also somewhat newbies to Rehoboth (they've been here three months longer than we have).  We also dragged Hugh, the owner, into the verbality at times (he was tonight's waitstaff), and he can pretty well hold his own with der Brucer, as did the two women.

I didn't miss Simon at all.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #204 on: March 30, 2004, 11:20:59 PM »

I didn't watch American Idol and I didn't miss it at all.

Jed

« Reply #205 on: March 30, 2004, 11:24:31 PM »

Oh! I forgot to mention that I love those strawberry-flavored candies that are covered in wrappers that resemble the actual strawberry fruit.
Mmm, yes, good stuff, those.

Same here.

Laura II

« Reply #206 on: March 30, 2004, 11:30:54 PM »

Quote from: Charles Pogue on Today at 11:20:59pm

Same here.

Yeah, you really didn't miss much at all.

Laura II

« Reply #207 on: March 30, 2004, 11:31:18 PM »

I don't know how to quote correctly. :(

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #208 on: March 30, 2004, 11:52:41 PM »

Good Evening!

-Good opening tonight!  And the buzz at the reception was very good too.  We'll see what the papers say in the next few days.

*And the reception was held at the Old Ebbitt Grill.  Very nice set-up, and very good food.

Well.. It's time for sleep... I'm thinking I may head up to NYC in the morning.. Just because I can ;-)

Goodnight
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up